Fat Pants

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sambucca, 17 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Spanx, magic knickers..... whatever you want to call them.

I am currently between a size 14 and 16 in most things, but I hate the lumps and bumps that show under my clothes as I am losing the weight. I do have an "apron" after two 10lb babies and being overweight for 10 years and am hoping it will shrink as the weight loss continues but in the meantime I am looking for the best way to disguise it.

Ive tried the magic knickers from marks and they do slim the tummy, but they push all the fat over the waistband so you end up with a muffin top (or perhaps I need a bigger size lol)

So after that long ramble, can anyone recommend the best fat pants to hold it all in.

My husband suggested they would need eyeholes though if they were going to fit head to toe, pmsl. he nearly went to work with a black eye.

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have Spanx - which are fabulous!

Can highly recommend them for anyone of any size!

4. Judy

Judy Full Member

sam sorry but i did have a giggle at ur post lol i havnt bought them sort of knickers as of yet but im sure i will be coming back to this post when everything starts to droop as the weight comes off!

judy xx

5. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooooh! definitely Spanx they are fantastic, I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone that would listen.

I bought Trinny and Susannah's magic knickers and they were poor in comparison, got a bit of 'roll down' and not the same 'secure feeling' I get with spanx.

only thing is my spanx are too big now, I got them at my biggest and 2 1/2 stone down I need smaller ones now, just to give that lovely smooth silloutte, brill with jeans, dresses anything (and the 'hole' is a definite bonus :D)

6. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I got a pair from rigby and pellar and they are high ones that come to below your bra line, to be honest i have found that they are fantastic if you get the firm hold ones but like an exercise class in their own when you have to put them on and get them off for a wee lol

I also have ones that come down to above your knee but i find i can see line where they stop.

I saw myself naked the other day when coming out of shower and now pretty sight, have huge apron of skin after 6 pregnancies and losing weight but know i can cover it up with clothes so prefer extra skin to being 20stone 7lb lol

julesrush
    cdc norwich

7. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Yes Spanx are the original and the best!

I buy mine from ebay in the US, even with the shipping they are cheaper than here.

Also, Spanx are sized by weight - so make sure you get the right size otherwise you won't get them past your knees!

I have worn them at my heaviest and now and will continue to wear them - for clingy/jersey clothing they do give a fabulous silhouette.

8. nce1

nce1 is a reader not a poster

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I dont know about which pants but I did buy the trinny n susanah body shaper which is very very good as it goes up to my bra takes inches off your midrif, belly, bum and thighs and you cant see any lines.

It would definately be a passion killer :eek:;):p

9. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have the trinny & susannah pants which go just under the bra to the top of your knees, I don't wear them that often as I feel VERY restricted in movement with them, But have to say they do what they say they'll do..

So anyone got the spanx as well, as everyone seems to like them..

The thing I dont like is the material, it's quite rigid although stretchy if you know what I mean, :rolleyes:

10. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    thanks ladies. been browsing a couple of sites this afternoon and will give the spanx a try. are the best ones the ones that come up to your bra? or just the ones that look like cycling shorts but stop at the waist?

11. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The ones that go up to your bra - does your spare tyre not make them roll down to your waist?

12. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    the ones ive viewed online actually hook on to your bra so they cant roll down. would be interested to hear from someone who has tried these particular ones though

13. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't tried the spanx that hook up to your bra but the ones that come up to your bra without attaching don't move or roll down

the trinny & susannah ones I tried were exactly the same style, knees to boobs (but without a hole!) and did not always stay put!

14. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Where did you see these hun?

15. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I brought some from figleaves.com. They do reviews on them, and I bought the cheapest at £7.50. They are on the waist and down to the knees. They haven't rolled down and dont give me a muffin either! However, no hole, but not so difficult to visit the smallest room cos they don't go so far up.:D

16. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I always wear Sloggi max support to help tum look a little flatter!

Gx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.