Fat person trapped in a thin body :)

So happy! Hit target today, Ive posted this on my diary but want to shout from the rooftops, so ill have to make do with spamming the boards instead :)

The after pic was actually a couple weeks and 3.5lb ago, but its pretty much me now :)
Wow Lynn you look absolutely amazing :) Sorry I'm a bit late with this message but I only just found this post. The difference is just outstanding, you look just lovely - I bet you're so proud of yourself.

I do hope that you will continue to come on the forum even though you're at target as I always enjoy your posts. You are certainly right though - you have done so well in such a short time - excellent work! :) X

Lynn you didn't do ok you did fantastic well done you what an inspiration x

You think you did OK??? You did and look amazing!! Congrats!!

WOW Lynn you look fantastic! What an acheivement, you should be very proud indeed, well done a real inspiration.

Thanks everyone. 2 months on from hitting my original goal of 11.10 im still going through the maintaining process. Its a process that will never end of course if I want to keep this weight off, which i desperately do want.

I decided on 11.10 because flabby skin was starting to make itself known and was a bit scary at the time. I felt that I had achieved my optimum baalnce of losing weight and maintainign my looks. At 55 I ws really concerned that my face would start to suffer, Ive seen the effect of weight loss on others and can see that losing weight is a double edged sword. On the one hand it can make you look younger and so much better, on the other hand it can make you saggy and look much older. I was verging on the saggy look and it was worrying.

Since November though, my weight loss has continued, albeit at a slower rate. Maintenance is still a bit of a mystery to me, I know how to lose weight but staying the same is not easy. This morning I was 10.7.5, so ive lost a further 16.5lbs since hitting my original target. As for the saggy look, surprisingly it hasnt seemed to get any worse. Ive now reduced my overall target to 10.10. I think that 10.7 is a step too far for me, but i have some leeway for my weight to go up and down which is what it does naturally anyway.

There must be maintinance plans or something somewhere? Possibly weight watchers, just to get an idea of how much you're supposed to eat and such, in order to maintain. Maybe ask your doctor? You don't want to lose too much weight.

Hope that you're well :)

There must be maintinance plans or something somewhere? Possibly weight watchers, just to get an idea of how much you're supposed to eat and such, in order to maintain. Maybe ask your doctor? You don't want to lose too much weight.

Hope that you're well :)

I thought WW would be a good start for a maintenance plan too, and i joined 4 th Jan. Unfortunately the woman running it drives me mental and im danger of punching her in the mouth lol, not that im given to violence you understand but the patronising claptrap that comes out of her mouth is unbearable.

Im trying Rosemary Conley class next week, they do zumba as the exercise class, and i need to concetrate on getting fitter now so that could be a good option, i think their diet fits in much better with what ive been doing anyway. Going for a weekly weigh in at an organised club is definately the way forward in keeping my weight down.

Lynn, I just use my clothes as an indicator, if my belt is tight, I'm eating too much.

Lynn, I just use my clothes as an indicator, if my belt is tight, I'm eating too much.

Its good that you have reached that point in maintaining where you can rely on the fit of your clothes, and one day im pretty sure I will reach that point too. But im in the danger zone right now, Ive been there so many times that I know what can happen if I let my guard down for a minute. It happened over New year, when i put on 7lbs in 2 days. Waiting for my clothes to get tight is too long. It will be a long time before I will feel safe about my weight.

Im sure that my body needs a period of adjustment to get used to the weight im at now. The so called set point I guess. My body just has to get used to the idea that this is what I weigh now and im not going back. It will happen im sure, but it will take time.

I understand Lynn. it took me a while to become so casual about it I suppose. You'll get there ass well I'm sure love.

I swear I commented again...oh well.
How's the Rosemary Conley thing going?
Sorry to hear that WW didn't work out, was she like the parody version in 'Little Britain'?
Hope that everything's well with you :)

I swear I commented again...oh well.
How's the Rosemary Conley thing going?
Sorry to hear that WW didn't work out, was she like the parody version in 'Little Britain'?
Hope that everything's well with you :)

Ive given up on both WW and RC, the woman at WW was really really like the little britain parody and the one running RC was about as big as I was to start with and she has been running the class 12 years lol. Mind you, she could certainly move herself to zumba, gotta give her credit for that because my feet felt as though they had been nailed to the floor lol.

I thought the slimming clubs would be the support I needed to help me through maintenance, but neither could give me what i need. I just found them horribly patronising. To be honest, Minimins is much more supportive and its here 24/7. Maintaining my weight loss is tough, but its ok. Ive achieved 'thinness' and im glad to be fighting against 'fatness' every day, but its a constant battle. I feel as though im running to stand still haha.

you do look so great! You did huge good to yourself not only on the way you look but also to your health! Well Done!! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Amazing!!! You have done so well! 1. At losing the weight & 2 for striving so hard to keep it off!!! I think people can think that once the weight is off it's all plain sailing, when in reality it's a life long commitment! But like you said in an earlier post... It's well worth the agony to get there!!!

I'm still a long way off my target but it's getting closer in teeny steps!! I just hope I'm as successful as you!

Well done again
Ccxx

I've just got to say Lynn, you're doing brilliantly. I'm following a similar sort of calorie counting to you and aiming to end up roughly where you are (although I've got a fair bit to go yet!)

I can understand 100% your fears. I'm like that too and I'm not even at target weight yet! Things can happen too quickly and it's too uncertain to trust your body entirely. It's one of those things that I think you can only gain confidence with in time.

Anyway, just to post a 'Wow!' and a 'You've inspired me' - you're doing amazingly well :)

Amazing! Well done your an inspiration what a difference 6 months hard work can make!

Back