Fat to bin

2 and half off . I was disappointed and a bit surprised today as I normally lose between 4 and 6 on a first week. The others first weekers lost the same or less so I got over the bit of disappointment quickly and am happy with that. I didnt get on the scales nor did I come home and have a pig out which is a major step forward.
My kitten Barry who I will refer to a lot was seen stalking a large fox in the garden today..the fox ran away !!! Off to look round other diaries and have a read of the 2 new recipe books that came from e bay today.
Diana

Well done Diana - off is so much better than on, so do the same next week and it'll soon be gone!

PS Do you need me to come and sort out your hubby? Or you could just put salt in his coffee instead of sugar and watch him gag!

Evening Diana,

Hey well done on the loss! That's a great start...shows you've got the hang of things! You have no reason to feel disappointed at all!

So how did you find the past week? Did you feel very restricted on what you could and couldn't eat, or did you think it wasn't too bad? The thing with SW is that its not too drastic or severe, so you're more likely to be able to stick to it, and to carry on eating more healthily after you've got to target. I don't usually feel too deprived...although I'm not sure how I'm going to be tomorrow as one of the girls at work is leaving and wants to have a fish and chip lunch! Not sure if I can resist that lol!
Have a good day tomorrow. I'm liking the salt idea BTW...

:eek:Salt ? Mmmmm:D I have just found him eating my fruit salad but that will be in addition to the cakes he will prob have later :mad:
Grand Prix qualifying and cricket might keep him out of the way today.. These school holidays are good but so long to get under each others feet. While he is sprawled out on sofa I have been cleaning the bathroom..stark naked as you do :eek:. I start off post shower with a towel tucked round but after I have struggled to keep it in place I give up and do the job without it which means climbing in and out of the wet bath anyway... now theres a sight :D:D. I need a contraption on a long pole to reach the top of the wall ...oh the image just gets better . Anyway, feeling that post bathroom cleaning satisfaction ..its very satisfying in my case because it doesnt get done too often so the difference is spectacular..Looking in the mirror to see the transformation that 1 whole weeks SW eating will have produced :D. I am fully motivated for a days healthy eating.
Diana

Grand Prix qualifying and cricket might keep him out of the way today
My hubby doing exactly the same - although he can't sprawl on the sofa as our TV is in the kitchen.
I have been cleaning the bathroom..stark naked as you do :eek:. I start off post shower with a towel tucked round but after I have struggled to keep it in place I give up and do the job without it which means climbing in and out of the wet bath anyway... now theres a sight
PMSL at the imagery - as this is exactly what I do, except I usually do it PRE shower after I've cleaned the rest of the house

Way to go on your loss 2.5lbs is great :)

If it makes you feel better i also clean the bathroom starker lol...and i have a good 20lb on your weight so the image is even worse haha x

:D The thought of us all dancing about flash in hand ...bending over the bath:eek:
Today I bought the biggest bras I have ever been in ..and comfort is amazing. I have 1 boob a fair bit bigger than the other which is perfectly common acording to Embarrassing Bodies .. Anyway, I dont know whether to buy a bra to fit the bigger or the smaller one :D. I dont normally try things on but today I di and its a good job I did. Not the easiest ,if, like me you wont look in the mirror !! Anyway the new soft t shirt bras( never tried these before ) are lovely and no more embarrassing bumps when its cold..
SW chicken jalfrezi( had to look up spelling) tonight and so tasty. Sugar free jelly with muller light whipped in with a handful of raspberries ..too full to eat it yet. Before SW and when Cal.C'ing I used to binge regulary in the evenings and would be thinking of food as soon as Id eaten my evening meal. I never do this on SW which is amazing..Happy tonight .
Diana

W.I. this evening and there will be 2 new , never been done before in all my 30 years of weight loss ways of going about it.1. I wont get weighed before I go in fact I put my scales away to stop me looking and have forgotten where I put them :D. I have made many descisions not to attend classes after standing on scales at home ..madness , I know but its taken me all these years to accept that its not in any way embarrassing to have a gain and everybody does sometimes. 2.. I wont leave the class and go on a massive post weight binge . I have NEVER NEVER been able to resist either of these but I know they are pretty self destructive ..for me anyway. I WILL of course prepare for the W.I. as usual by removing all jewelry , wearing my lightest clothes( I have been known to weigh different outfits on the kitchen scales..honestly) shave off all body hair, remove teeth,wig,false leg, glasses, hearing aids, ..now Im being silly!! I avoid a 'heavy' meal before I go which is prob a good reason why I binge afterwards.. do you see the members cramming hi fi bars as soon as they leave the scales :D.
Be back with the first loss I hope later.
Diana
hi diana i've found u x this is soooo me i used to weigh myself b4 class then if i had sts weight or put on i wouldn't go, then i would think i'll starve myself the next week and i will be able to go back lighter but i never lost the weight and would put more on, i used to weigh myself several times a day but don't go on them at all now :) and yes the members do all eat hi-fi bars as soon as they've been weighed most of them say they don't eat all day but i have breakfast and lunch then have dinner when i get home,one lady last week put on a lighter pair of shoes she knew she hadn't been very good and didn't want to weigh heavier on the scales she lost a lb lol, i will pop in again and see how ur doing xx

What a lovely day..I have enjoyed my food and wonder whether I will lose any weight this week eating such lovely stuff.I am a teacher so have several weeks holiday which is great for preparing meals.. Im sure that when Im back next term and up to my eyes in it , Ill just want to come home and get something quick. My OH said to me today,''I love it when do do this dieting lark as we get much nicer food'' That says a lot about SW . I could sit and read posts all night as this place is so interesting and buzzing with ideas and motivation.. Love it
Diana

Hi D - only just spotted that you have your own diary!

Well done on your first week's loss - 2.5lbs is nothing to sniff at!

I too have a mad cat who regularly brings me 'presents' - so far we've had mice, rats, birds - including magpies and pigeons, and a squirrel...:rolleyes: I hate it and keep telling him so, but he keeps on bringing them in - at least they're usually dead by the time they find their way to the kitchen - I really wouldn't be any good at putting something out of its misery!

Don't worry about eating too much on SW - I too have huge portions and I've lost fairly consistently until recently. Now, with less than 2st to target, I am starting to control my carbs, as I realised I was having almost double the recommended portion size, but I still have large meals. It stops me snacking on rubbish and it also means I don't feel like I'm on a diet!

Hope you have a fab week! x

Last edited:
Evening Diana!

Lol! I could have written your last post!!! Hubbs and kids have loved the food we've been having for the past 7 months. They all say it's much nicer than when I'm not on a diet! It is a bit scarey, being allowed to eat so much on a diet, but it does work. My losses are slowing down too as I've under a stone to go, but I know it will come off eventually.

And this site is wonderful isn't it? So many nice people! And such good ideas! I'm on here every spare minute I get, and usually well in to the night!

I didnt realise how much I comfort eat.. I had the urge to stuff myself with junk food this afternoon and couldnt understand why till I realised it was me reacting to stress . My beautiful kitten has been missing for 14 hours which is totally out of character for him. He usually pops home every few hours for food. He nearly always comes if I keep calling him so this is scary. I lost my previous cat in February when he was missing a week.. I found him under next doors shed but it wasnt a happy ending.. hence the new boy . I know cats wander but Im getting panicy . Funnily enough , I was saying that I am too attatched to the animal just the other day ..Anyway, I didnt eat as thats not going to help is it !!

Oh dear, I'm not a cat mammy, but a dog mammy, so don't quite understand the wandering that they do, however, I would be devastated if my dog wandered off:(

Oh I do hope you find him. Do look in the trees, one of mine got stuck up a tree for a day. But also check in other people's sheds and garages if you can - same cat got locked in our garage for 4 days. We didn't use it for cars, just gardening stuff and junk, and she'd gone in there at the weekend and didn't get out until I went in to get something out of the big freezer on Wednesday night.

I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Back