Fatness to Fitness!!

tweekedgirl said:
Don't think I've ever actually tried an espresso, that's got to go on my to-do list!

1st 5lbs is definitely do-able in five weeks, that's about 4lb a week isn't it? x

Yes so aslong as im controlled i guess i got this. Hmm espresso lovely, gives you a nice kick lol i get too bored with black coffee. X

Ok ok i am going to stop weighing myself now lol. Had to get on this morning as i felt much lighter (does that make sense?) And scales report back 14.10 so over the moon. Hopefully 5 days of lower carb will get me another 5 off with insanity and gym factored in. Feeling positive that i can make it into mid 13s for xmas now, and carry on after. I think the jump from saying oh im 15 something to saying im 13 something is big for me. Gotta keep it going after all my failings ive come to relise that consistancy is the key and maintaining is really important.

Yeah, i think talking about what exercise youve done and writing it down spurs you on lots to do more and challenge yourself more. Not a massive fan of fruit, prefer me veg! Oh expect cherry tomatoes n grapefruits. Yum.

Didnt have my latte... getting my practice in for rest of week! Ive actually eaten a rusk today as a low cal snack.. was yum!

I'm new here and like your plan - I'm doing something similar - lots of gym and running and watching my calories. Don't forget your body needs fuel for all your workouts - Best of luck - you are doing great!

Leesider said:
I'm new here and like your plan - I'm doing something similar - lots of gym and running and watching my calories. Don't forget your body needs fuel for all your workouts - Best of luck - you are doing great!

Yeah, I find that not committing one diet or a other is helping me with the all or nothing mentality! Balanced and gym all the way. :D

Ruthieovertherainbow said:
Hi Diamonddoll, yay, I've found a weight loss twin! I weigh almost the same as you (14 stone 8), and my goal is to be 10 and a half stone again at the end of May.

I am addicted to coffee as well... Shame I can't manage to cut it out... Would lose an extra half a pound a week if I did :/

How are you finding the diet so far?

Hi weight loss twin :D

It's going ok so far, no binges or anything. They were an issue fir me for sure! I just hate skinny lattes lol would rather sip an espresso and go the 0 cal route. A well earned semi skimmed latte is always lovely though - makes my Monday I'm telling you lol. Are you following a particular plan?

Today I managed to just get out alive calorie wise... A whole 30 calories spare. Yes I had pizza (homemade and 2 slices of!)and yes I had vino (2 glasses of!) and I may have had a chocolate fairy cake... But I had imagined it would have gone down like that so I planned the rest of my calories around it and came out the other side lol. Tomorrow marks the first of 5 days cutting down on a few carbs for a little boost. It also marks insanity starting up for the week again. Urgh, still not a fan of the insanity!

Bring on the protein and the fresh veg, and maybe a teeny few healthy carbs!! :D

Last edited:
First day of lower carb, isn't it crazy when if you tell yourself you can't have something you want it more? Lol. Had a protein shake and although it does have some carb in there, my body is like hmm so where is my tea with milk and a sneaky sugar? Been looking of ways to bring more fun cardio into my plan, and came up with rowing as it also adds strength in there and is a lovely toner of the upper back and arms. Hello strapless dress on the29th of December! Will start with a moderate effort level and at least 20 minutes of rowing today. Then it's back and chest workout with weights (loveee back, hate chest!). Won't have as much energy as usual but there come a time when you just gotta have motivation to get you through. It all comes down to will power, listening to your body and what effort you put in.

Ps: weighed in AGAIN still a 14.10 so I guess I DID make it out alive of pizza and wine gate!

Feeling quite hungry today, will have to have a few wafer think quorn slices pre gym. Tea is going to be brocolli and vegan soy based sausages with a drizzle of gravy. Perhaps more green veg if i locate some in freezer... shopping when hungry no good!!

Hi weight loss twin :D

It's going ok so far, no binges or anything. They were an issue fir me for sure! I just hate skinny lattes lol would rather sip an espresso and go the 0 cal route. A well earned semi skimmed latte is always lovely though - makes my Monday I'm telling you lol. Are you following a particular plan?

Well done :D One a week is no problem... Its when you drink three a day plus about 7 normal coffees, you know you need to cut back! I tend to drink sachet cappuchinos when I am out, and take my own cup. Saves money and calories, although at 90 calories each it does add up.

No particular plan, I am trying to eat lowish gi tho. My plan is just not to have takeaways :D I am trying to eat as many fruit and veggies as possible. I might try to cut down carbs as well, because there isn't much nutritional value... But carbs do fill you up a lot, so I am in two minds about it. I am also considering doing lipotrim for a week every month, after seeing on here the brilliant results people have got from it... I have always been very against the idea of very low calorie diets tho... As I heard that half of the weight loss is muscle... But if you go into kestasis (Or something like that lol), your body only burns fat... So maybe it is worth it.

I will be keeping a beady eye on your low carb diet anyways :D

I am not going to go to a supermarket till I am strong, because I don't think I can handle the temptation. Why is it, that EVERYTHING in supermarkets seems to be bad for you, argh!

Have you got any progress pics? x

I did cambridge for around 3 weeks, which is similar but I couldnt maintain it, socially or with level of activity with being at uni and working and 90 minutes of gym 6 times a week. I did however do some resistance and weight training so didnt effect my muscle mass. Yeah in ketosis once the body has used all its glycogen from carbs and sugars it turns to fat for its fuel. Although i have decided not to go in to ketosis as ive been lectured about gluconeogenesis which is basicallu your liver turning muscle building protein into sugar when carbs are absent. I dunno i guess again with me its all about balance so my brain doesnt explode. I think doing low carb bursts is nice to get the scales moving! An average day on a sole source plan is 40grams of carb, my carbs for today are 23grams but obvously my calories are much higher (although i may have a fw extra grams before days out!)

Really hungry ahhh!! Must drink more water! x

Lmao well my low carbing didnt get far...

I felt myself going into i cant have it so i want it all mode so its still a case of counting the cals. On the upside i have over 900 left for day lol

Well i must confess since tuesday eve i stopped even thinking about diet and exercise as a close family member was taken ill and id gone to hospital to be with them. Everyyhing ok thank god and i checked in on my cals and it balances. Sometimes life just gives you something more important to focus your strength on. Weighing in on saturday, so we shall see then.

Its been a while! Things are good dress had to be taken in (yay) and big plans for new year!!! Hope everyone has a lovely christmas xx

It has officially been 2 weeks since i stepped foot in a gym! Put around 4 lbs on over xmas (argh) but really back into the swing of diet today and gym session to follow in morning!!

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas and a great start to 2013! xx

Still havent aligned myself to any particylar eating plan... but am aware i need some new targets..

Have honestly not got back into the swing yet. Still, havent binged since november which is a massive thing for me!

Back on it (trying to eat as cleanly as poss) and have 3lbs in last few days without cutting carbs yay! Have done circuit training for last few days.. feeling good!

GOALS FOR THIS MONTH
- get to 14.7
- take exercise 5 times a week
- drink more water!
- Do not eat in excess of 1400 cals (cheat meal allowed if exerxise was taken through week and a good cal burn made!)

Good Luck DD! Just read your diary and I am sure you'll get back on the wonderful pace you were on before Christmas! x

Back