Favourite free speed food

Fruitybabe

As the title says..... What's yours?
I am going nuts lately over chicken and beetroot. I just love it can easily eat a load of each, freshly roasted chicken (minus skin) is divine lol.
Sorry if I sound mad but I am finding when I need to eat something and find myself wanting chocolate or crisps I reach for the beetroot jar or in the fridge for some cooked chicken and it really helps me :D

Ditto the chicken....Also liking Pineapple & melon

I am just getting into beetroot as well, a great food for adding to my meal, I like the fresh beetroot though not the pickled kind. So simple to cook, just pop into slow cooker with bit of water and leave for few hours , when soft rub each one and skins fall off, wear rubber gloves though unless you want to have stained hands, works wonders in the bathroom department as well.

Not thought about cooking beetroot in slow cooker, always boiled in a pan on hob. Thanks for that, will try slow cooking them in future.

Mmm pickled onions are a fave too :) I was wondering about the beetroot and the bathroom.... What exactly does it do? Make you more regular? This would be wonderful lol as I frequently have problems in that department.
I have never tried it fresh always the pickled kind which is awesome. It's so nice to have things I can grab when I feel munchies attacking helps keep me on plan :)

I love Kiwi Fruit for snacking and and its a super speed food :)

My parents love kiwi but I have never liked them. To be honest I haven't really tried them to e honest maybe I should give them a go. What do they taste like?

I love Melon at the moment. And raw carrots.

Mmm pickled onions are a fave too :) I was wondering about the beetroot and the bathroom.... What exactly does it do? Make you more regular? This would be wonderful lol as I frequently have problems in that department.
I have never tried it fresh always the pickled kind which is awesome. It's so nice to have things I can grab when I feel munchies attacking helps keep me on plan :)

if you roast or cook them unpeeled and possibly with the root on they are good bowel stimulators LOL

Not thought about cooking beetroot in slow cooker, always boiled in a pan on hob. Thanks for that, will try slow cooking them in future.

Got a few kilos at Zoco on Sunday , nice big round ones not them skinny things that I sometimes have to get. 80c per kilo, so cheap and good for you, cant ask for more.

Fruitybabe Mmm pickled onions are a fave too I was wondering about the beetroot and the bathroom.... What exactly does it do? Make you more regular? This would be wonderful lol as I frequently have problems in that department.
I have never tried it fresh always the pickled kind which is awesome. It's so nice to have things I can grab when I feel munchies attacking helps keep me on plan

OOOHHH yes very very good for that,haha.

Got a few kilos at Zoco on Sunday , nice big round ones not them skinny things that I sometimes have to get. 80c per kilo, so cheap and good for you, cant ask for more.

I go to Benijofar market on a Sunday, you get some great bargains - thats where I get my beetroot, will be getting some again this Sunday!

Yes Sue think thats where I go , Sunday Zoco think thats what you call Benijofor .You will find that they cook really well in the slow cooker , dont put in much water just enough to steam them, then I keep them in the fridge and nuk them to add to a meal.

Thanks eye :) Is that the same for the pickled kind in a jar too? I am eating butternut squash most days too just discovered what it is like mashed an omg it's lush :)

I love fresh pineapple and melon but unfortunately I have become intolerant to the pineapple. Gives me terrible stomach pains and I really miss it!!

I am loving fresh carrot and peppers making my own dips with are syn free or almost I got the recipes for dips from consultant as we had a taster session before Xmas in group

Oo those dips sound nice are they easy to make? It's surprising how many speed foods out there are easy to grab and munch :) I love this plan

Mine has got to be chicken, I can't get enough of it!!

At the weekend I made a completely free "Chicken Tikka" sandwich filler, and used my HExB on a small Wholemeal Roll. Sounds like a bit of a concoction when you see the ingredients, but it was absolutely delicious. Here's how I made it:

- In a pan with FryLight, fry off some chicken breast pieces, chopped red onion and chopped peppers (I used red & yellow) untl the chicken is cooked and the onion/peppers are softened.

- To a vanilla MullerLight yogurt, stir in curry powder (enough to your taste).

- Once the chicken, peppers and onions are done, transfer to a tupperware container, add the curry yogurt and mix together. Place in the fridge until cool, and serve.

:drool: Believe me, it didn't last long at all. It was gorgeous in a roll - perfect FREE 'snack' food. It'd also make a lovely filling for a jacket potato.

Back