Favourite places to holiday?

Barcelona has been my favorite holiday so far. Although Moscow was a close second.

If i could only go to one country it would be Spain, its a beautiful place and so varied in its scenery, and not too far to travel from the UK.

Our favourite holiday however is Tenerife. Always wonderful weather whatever time of year you go, wonderful fresh food (if you avoid the cheap touristy fried offerings) and just a lovely place to chill.

Cyprus is wonderful, people are just lovely there.

Dont bother with Tunisia, went this year, had a good holiday as i went with my daughter, but i wouldnt go again. There are far more interesting places to see, Spain for instance :)

I do long to go to Thailand though, and everyone who has ever been there just loves it.

My favourite place ever is santoini, its a small greek island which formed from a volcano, its beautifull and has one of the best sunsets in the world!

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 68
I have 3 favourite places!

Barbados, which is such a beautiful relaxed island and everyone there is so friendly. I loved it there for a beach holiday.

New York - went there over Xmas and loved the whole Christmas atmosphere & am planning on going again to see all the sights we didn't get to visit.

Last but not least - my ABSOLUTE favourite which is Las Vegas!
We did 2 weeks there this year and it was amazing, so busy & bright & so much going on all at once, I didn't want to leave ;-)

I think my best holiday was Malaysia. My now hubbie & I travelled round the peninsula for 3 weeks on our way back from (NZ - another must, south island is awesome). We had a wonderful time & managed to see & do so much on a teeny tiny budget! The food is glorious too, nasi goreng yum yum!

However, I am also very partial to Cornwall after holidaying there for several years as a kid & a few times since. Love it summer/winter, rain or shine.

My favourite holiday place was here in the UK...St Ives in Cornwall. Love love love the place! If you get the weather, you can't beat it.

I also like going to Ireland-Dingle in Kerry is my favourite part of Ireland.

Abroad, I love Mallorca.

Has to be 110% the USA! I will never be able to express how much love I have for that place *cloud9*

First visited when I was about 7 (12 years ago). My parents took my older brother and I as a complete surprise - we thought we were going to Turkey until we got to the airport!Of course, we did Disneyland, Universal Studios, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, etc, and loved every minute of it! We went back to Orlando for the next 3-4 years and never got sick of it as there's just so much to do!

After a few years of exploring Orlando, we decided to try out Los Angeles. Again, loved every second of it and would go back in an instance!! Disneyland there is just as good, and Disneys Californian Adventure is amazing!

From LA we decided to travel to Vegas - not so keen, as it reminded me of 'Blackpool on speed', but so pleased I had the opportunity. On our way there, we stopped at the Grand Canyon too, and went horseriding - absolutely breath-taking!!

Most recently we holidayed inFlorida again. It was for my 18th Birthday (a year ago) and my parents took me to Discovery Cove to fulfil my lifetime dream of swimming with dolphins. I get goosebumps just thinking about it now, it was fantastic! We then spent a week at Key West - a very beautiful area. As if swimming with dolphins at DC wasn't good enough, my dad and I had hired a kaiyak and were out in the ocean one afternoon. The next thing we new, wild dolphins were diving right past us! Definitely one of those once in a lifetime opportunities!!

After Key West we moved onto Miami for a few days. Loved it there and would be amazing to go back. Visited Miami Ink as I'm a great fan of the programme and tatoos.

Would love to go back to the states, such an amazing place!!

We were lucky enough to move to Jersey, Channel Islands about 8 years ago - only an hour from most airports in the UK so if you fancy a short flight to try it out then I would really recommend it. The beaches rival anything you can find in the Caribbean - have a look at photos on jersey.com.

Anyway - some of my favourite holidays have been in France - I love the fact that culture is so different and they are determined to keep their own identity.

Had one of my favourite hols with a girlfriend for our 40ths in Egypt - people were so lovely and hotel was excellent - all for about £500.

We always have a fab holiday at Centre Parcs! Always something to do for the kids and a spa for me. Fabulous settings and the kids love all of the wildlife on the doorstep. Heaven! X

*Performs Thread Necromancy*

Japan. Every time I look at how much it would cost me to spend a week or two in Europe, I end up realising a fortnight in Japan costs the same and I go back there! :D

My favorite holiday ever was our honeymoon!! We went to Las Vegas for 2 weeks it was without a doubt the best holiday I have been on.

Our favorite place in Europe is Turkey!!

I've only ever been on holiday in Europe (France and Spain numerous times and Portugal once) but this year I am going to India in a few months and New York this Autumn. I'm looking forward to them loads.

My favorite holiday ever was our honeymoon!! We went to Las Vegas for 2 weeks it was without a doubt the best holiday I have been on.

Our favorite place in Europe is Turkey!!

Vegas is amazing - end of - best place I have ever been!:D

Mine are probably a little unusual places to go, most people think Holiday as somewhere sunny.
Denmark and Greenland are my favourite places. My other half is Greenlandic, so I enjoy going to see his family in Nuuk, the capital. To access Greenland you have to fly to Copenhagen then to Greenland. His family have a summer house in Denmark, we've stopped there a few times for short breaks - Danish food is also delicious :p Greenland is just a beautiful and breath taking place, it's out of this world. Stunning views, the people are also very welcoming and friendly too. The country only has a population of 54,000, the capital has a population of 15,000! Some towns have only 40-50 people living in them. I visited a few other towns, Sisimiut and Ilulissat which are the second and third largest towns, Ilulissat is home to the icebergs! If you're a tourist planning to visit Greenland I would recommend you visit Ilulisaat over Nuuk.

i have travelled all over the world, i love Turkey and have a place out there, never tire of going over for a few weeks. xx

Love going to Cornwall or outside the uk I love going to Florida :)

Back