Fearing the Fat !

wannabesize10

Silver Member

Hi Everyone ,
Please forgive me for writing this but I am on my first day and whilst I was shopping yesterday and putting things like , butter, cheese, cream eggs etc in my basket I was so so panicked as I keep thinking what if I eat all this “fat” and it doesn’t work and I end up gaining weight ,
I realise now I am very sensitive to carbs since starting my diet journey 2-3 years ago and restricting them , I don’t eat bread, cakes, biscuits etc as a rule but do for special occasions and definitely feel I almost gain weight instantly – this is something I will be looking to change as I shouldn’t be looking at high carb sugar food as a treat as it’s like a poison to my body especially as I have a hormone imbalance which turns most of my carb intake into fat !
Anyhow – how do you get over the fear of the fat your putting in your body ?
And another quick one I haven’t been able to get any decafe tassimo disks so have had 2 normal coffee’s does this really affect how you lose weight as with all other diets I have never stopped caffeine , been having tiny bit of full fat cream and 1 sweetner in it
Any advised most welcomed :)

Hey there :) caffeine will help with your weight loss as long as you don't have milk. Expect an energy slump after a few days, don't worry, this passes :) I'm an experienced Atkins'er, always works great for me :) browse the Internet for low carb substitutes to bread, chocolate, etc, they will make the translation easier :) also get some ketone strips if you haven't already, I find them a great motivator to 'see' the fat coming out despite eating high fat foods. Good luck. Were all here to support you :) :)

Please don't be scared of fat....I know how you feel as a previous calorie counter & a low fat fat person :(
I was literally shaking when I first cooked with fat, butter or coconut oil, but I trust this WOE now. Take the plunge & watch the fat melt away :D Good luck

Thank you .... I have been really trying and making sure i don't try and do low fat as i know the book says you really shouldn't try and do a low fat version ...so far so good as 3lbs down so i am beliving ;)

Wow off to a great start! Congrats x

Well done:)

I really, really, REALLY recommend you (and everyone else on this forum) read Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It by Gary Taubes. This will totally put your mind at rest about fearing the fat, and explains exactly how and why this diet works, and why it's much healthier for you than the low-fat, high-carb diets that we're used to being advised to follow by the "experts".

A brilliant book, and much more easy-reading than his other "must-read", The Diet Delusion (which I also recommend!).

Good luck! :)

Back