Feb 09 Starters!

loconnor83

Hi all, I'm to this all this so I hope I've done this properly!

I've got my 1st meeting this evening and I'm really nervous about starting this!

I thought that anyone else who was starting LL this month could join me and we could keep one another going! i'm hoping to lose between 3.5 to 4 stone but it was my birthday yesterday and I've eaten and drank so much over the weekend I've probably put on a stone!:(

Doing CD myself , but hope your meeting goes well !
Well you needed the last blow out :)

This reminds me of my first meeting, my housemate almost had to kick me out the door. I was terrified.
Go for it girls the only you are going to loose is weight.
And use this forum its a life safer.

As for the eating before hand, haha I ate out every single night before I started and did my bit to keep binge drinking alive, the most hilarious thing is I lost 2lbs that week before I started. :8855:

Good luck, its a wonderful thing to do.

Hello. I started last night, so today has been my first day of abstinence, apart from a hunger patch at 11.00am im doing ok. Hope all goes well.

Keep it up guys you will be fine and well done for choosing to tackle your weight problem, bigboy, it only get easier now so you are on the way!

Cheers Huseyin.
Its great to know that from today I should be getting smaller and losing weight, I've heard the first 3 days are the hardest and then it gets easier.

Yeah that's about right, once you get into ketosis the hunger mostly disappears. Perfect for sorting your head out and figuring out why you're where you are today..

The best decision I ever made joining LL.
I was nervous the first time I went to a meeting but the girls are great and their all there for the same thing as me.........'to lose weight'

The first few days are hard getting into ketosis but after that it's alot easier.
I'm sure you won't regret it.

Well, my first day is drawing to a close and I feel like I've achieved something already albeit something small. The shakes and soups taste better than what i expected, obviously I haven't tried them all, but what I've had so far (shakes - strawberry, chocolate, soups - mushrooms and chili) have been really nice. I really hope I stay the course and look forward to sharing my experiences with you all.

Glad your first day went well, bigboy! Once the first week is done it'll be easy.

Just seen, Huseyin, you've only got one measly stone left to go and your bmi is almost normal! Woah go you!!

glad your first day went well bigboy :)

technically I'm at the end of my day 2 ('restarted' after an involuntarily botched weekend!) so I too am feeling the "going into ketosis" thing.

First 3 days are certainly the hardest, after the end of the first week it becomes a breeze :)

Hi, I got my forms signed today and I'll be going to my first meeting on 23rd. I'm looking forward to losing weight.

Basically, I've been carrying around an extra 2-4 stone and WW-ing for the last 5 years or so. I've had all sorts of hassles getting pregnant with no.2 (took three years to have my first) and I've just come to the end of my initial investigations. The consultant has said she's not willing to proceed with IVF (which they recommend) until my BMI is under 28 (currently 34). So, although it was hard to hear, it's given me the incentive to sort myself out once and for all.

I have a toddler, who is 2 and 4 months and responsibility for all our evening meals, so that will be interesting :8855:. I'd be glad to get to be a good role model for my daughter though - hopefully she'll never know the fat me! I feel so much more energetic when I'm even a little bit lighter, so I can't see how I can go wrong really.

My ONLY reservation is piling it all back on when I've finished!

hi all, i'm pleased to say that i'm coming to the end of day 3 and we had a quick pop in today and I've already lost 8lbs! I'm so pleased, it makes it all worth it although it nearly killed me last night!

Well done on your weight loss loconnor. Having that first pop in and seeing a big weight loss is so motivating.

Keep going. Soon you'll be on week 5 like me!!!

Again, well done x

Thanks Becky, I just hope that I have the willpower to make it to week 5! you wouldn't elieve the mad dreams I've been having about eating pizzas and burgers!:8855:

I still get those dreams and I'm on week 13!!! I think I've blown the diet and then I wake up and it's a relief to find out I haven't!!

Hi loconnor
I started on LL on 12th Feb so very new too, I'd love to join you all plotting how we go. I'm a little worried as I weighed myself this morning and only appear to have lost 1lb, not sure if I'm not drinking enough water so I've been filling my glass every hour and ensuring I drink it all during the hour. Also I was poorly before I started on LL (been abroad on business and ended up with food poisoning, I had eaten/drunk nothing but toast and water from Sunday to Thursday when I started LL) so this may be why I don't seem to be dropping weight (well I'm hoping so as I am desperate to lose weight)

Surreystar

Best advice I believe you can have is THROW AWAY THE SCALES
Seriously, weighing between official WI days can only cause you disappointment - either your home scales show a small loss or none [and you'll be disappointed/demotivated], or the WI will show a smaller loss than home scales [and you'll be disappointed/demotivated] It really is a lose/lose cycle. I think everyone on here will back me up on this.

You WILL lose weight on this diet, it's impossible not to provided you stick to the programme.

Good luck all Feb starters & enjoy the journey.

Back