Feb starters thread

Hi Sarah thanks for the praise. yes I am doing SS and after 3 weeks I'm feeling great. I definatly think this is one of those diets the longer you do it the easier it gets. But yes I feel really good I have tones of energy my clothes are getting looser and my skin is glowing from all the water. I actually walked past KFC on the way back from my CDC's house with a giant goofy smile on my face because I wasn't one of the people standing in the cue. Having the willpower to stick to SS is actually a very empowering feeling and is proof that if I can do this I can quit smoking once I have maintained my goal weight for a few months. How are you finding it so far Sarah? xxxx

Thats really good to know! Hav you ever been on a diet for 3weeks or more? I normally decide in my head to diet but never stick to it for more than 2 days but this one seems different, I think because its visable quickly, im impatient!!

Im finding it okay... I felt a little lightheaded this afternoon but my bodys still in shock from it as its only day 2! Im just so excited to have my first weigh in. I feel like I wanna stick to it for myself but to also turn up each week to my CDC knowing I havent given up which is what I've done before with WW etc as they wouldnt really notice if you were gone or not. Atleast with CD its one on one. Im just tryna keep busy + last my shakes etc out for as long as I can.

Sarah x

Hello my fellow fab feb starters well I'm on cloud 9 today I had my third week weigh in today and drum roll I lost a whopping 9lb and it's my TOTM thats 19lbs gone so far absolutly amazing. I'm heading into week 4 with a spring in my step xxxx

That's excellent, well done. :happy096:

Thanks Mat xxx Yeah Sarah the first three days are definatly the hardest I literally sat huddled on the couch in a banket and never left the house for fear that if I saw someone eating I would attack them lol but once your Ketosis kicks in and you have your first weigh in you will feel on top of the world just take it one day at a time. Also I know you said your still unsure of some of the flavours have you tried the choc mint there my fave and are beautiful I tried the bars for the first time last week they are also good and tasty I know some people think they slow weighloss but I ate three last week and had my highist loss since I started CD. Anyway Im sure I will soon be seeing your ticker come flying down as you lose the weight as well xxxxx

Aw thanks for the possitive comments.... Its great to hear how other people are getting on, I just think if others can do it then so can I!! Yeah I think the bars will help alot once I get on them. Day 3 here I come.... Im working tomorrow so it keeps my mind off food a bit lol. - BUT I have my friends birthday Sat-eve so not so confident about that!

Sarah x

This thread is great for positive vibes and support for everyone. I log in each day to keep me on the straight and narrow and its great to see everyone doing so well. I had my 2nd W.I. today and have lost another 6lbs! so thats 12 in 2 wks - I can definitely feel everything is looser and cant wait to get to buying new clothes!
keep up the good work everyone
LOL

Hey everyone, Im new here, found the site when looking into the diet and am now in my third week, started 2nd Feb. I admit first few days is hard, the hunger and zero energy, I HATED the water, lived on cola most my life haha, so drinking water was difficult and makes me sick, even in week 3 now Im finding it hard, have just under 4 pints a day, cant manage more. Hunger goes after first few days but this past two days felt a bit poorly and in need of food, still SS-ing so considering moving into SS+ next week to normalise it somewhat, Lost 7lbs first week and 5lbs 2nd week, get weighed for week 3 this friday....am hoping for 14lbs hahahaha, but still, its a long way to go and you have to do it right.

That 14stone in a day Peter Kay joke springs to mind though :p , So inspiring hearing all you guys chatting about the diet, my starting its been a long time coming, was always a slim size 8-10 and past few years ballooned from PCOS and was so depressed,I admire larger ladies with confidence unfortunately I had none, my personality is life and soul of the party but not in looks and I realised I dont want this anymore so kicked my own backside into gear and thought CD is a kick start to a new beginning, I have hormonal problems with makes it difficult to lose weight by most methods and though CD seemed extreme I was prepared to try it.

So far Im TRYING to stay motivated, so far so good, never dieted before though so little difficult. But what I DID realise is my eating habits were stupid, Id eat cereal at breakfast, then drink glass of cola then wait 12hrs and have a ready made meal, not that bad calorie wise but from having PCOS my weight ballooned despite my diet being the same when I was slim, finally diagnosed as to why and now doing this made me realise even then I was not healthy, the three meals a day was good. Id already destroyed my system as a child with eating problems and anorexia and was now at other extreme.

So now what I learnt is I sometimes ate out of boredom and when emotional, I didnt eat enough (ironically haha) I didnt eat properly at right times and my biggest issue was my faddy eating, Id find things I liked and stick to them, day in day out, was fussy as hell on trying new things, so was stuck in silly routines. But now doing this the cravings are absurd haha, I see stupid foods on tv or on supermarkets id never dream of eating and find myself thinking "oh I could just eat egg and soldiers" when in my routine it would never enter my head, so one thing I can say CD has done so far in just 3weeks as opened my eyes to my eating habits, breaking them, and opening my mind to healthier eating once im off it, trying new things and not sticking in silly fad routines once more.

So thats my CD experience so far, I see many of you started at same time but not many explain their realisations. It might be a hard to stay motivated diet but it certainly fixes the outlook on foods, thats for sure. Hope to keep it up and hope you guys do with yours too. All a learning experience haha.

As for the foods, Well Im fussy there (no change yet haha), only like Choc/Strawberry Shakes, Porridge is ok (its kind of like semolina), and tried 3bars this week, they are ok, makes a change to chew something rather than all liquids, tried the orange water flavouring also (awful....tasted like andrews powder) was gutted about that as was hoping itd be nice as am finding the water Hugely difficult. But still, taking it week by week so I can push myself until end of week at least and hopefully will continue.

So Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all.

I had this post copied into here from the Mission: SlimPossible team thread, because I think it's well worth more people seeing it and discussing it in this thread. I thought I would bring some attention to it though, as by the time it was copied to here, it was lost behind a lot of newer posts.

Was great reading your post rollergirl. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Well done on your losses for the first 2 weeks and please let us know about your weigh in earlier today.

You have certainly picked the right diet for your first try. I have never seen anything anywhere near the results CD has given me from anything else and I am also finding it very easy to stick to, so far.

It certainly does make you realise all the things you were doing wrong. I can relate to a lot of the things you were doing. I haven’t really had a lot of time to sit down and put my thoughts and realisations into words yet. But I do intend to. :)

Yeah this site is amazing if it wasn't for this place I'd think I was the only one in the world trying to lose weight in fact it was this site that made me start CD. After years of being the big girl and struggling to lose weight I thought I'd stumbled on some magical secret when I found out Cambridge exsisted. And whenever I've had a low moment I watch the slide show and think one day I want to be on there. For once in my life I want to join the skinny club lol and Sarah I wouldn't worry about your friends birthday go out and have fun. When I go out to stop me being naughty I visualise going out when I have lost the weight and bumping into an ex or someone who has hurt me in the past and imagine how amazing I will look and they will be gobsmacked lol. If it is a meal your going for have a planned low carb meal have two shakes in the day and then order something like chicken breast and green veg and as long as you continue back on normal SS there after you will be fine. If it's is a meal your going for just phone your counseller and she will be able to give you advice and a pep talk. And remember Alcohol in Ketosis can be dangerous so I'd avoid that. Hope that helps a bit xxxx

I'm going to go xxx

Yes I'm really looking forward hopefully I'll be alot nearer my goal by then aswell lol xxx

Yes I'm really looking forward hopefully I'll be alot nearer my goal by then aswell lol xxx

Yes, it's 9 weeks away, so we should hopefully be getting on for around 2 stone lighter (maybe). It will be my first night out on Broad St for about 5 years!!

lol I haven't been up broad st for months either when I go out I usually go to nightingales that place has a great atmosphere and is open till 6 or the custard factory but thats the student in me sometimes me and my friends can find broad street has a bit chavvy lol xxx

lol I haven't been up broad st for months either when I go out I usually go to nightingales that place has a great atmosphere and is open till 6 or the custard factory but thats the student in me sometimes me and my friends can find broad street has a bit chavvy lol xxx

Ah, nightingales! I love that place! I love the trays going around with all the penny sweets and lollypops!

Yeah nitingales is the best although there was a very funny incident once we had all gone there for a friends b'day and another friend of ours whose first time it was in a very camp club went the the toilets not realising they were unisex ran out in shock and white as a sheet thinking he had entered the ladies lol xxx

Well, i had second weigh in this morning... lost 3.2lbs. Im a wee bit dissapointed as this is only week 2 and I had hoped for more. But I guess 13lbs in 2 weeks isnt bad! And it is TOM - although usually i lose more not less on this week! I hope its nothing to do with the daily porridge I have - its what gets me through the day!

Hiya,

I started to day. I had 1 ready made shake for breakfast and planned on having a soup for lunch, but couldn’t stomach it so had to throw it away and have another shake. Bit concerned now how I am going to cope on shakes alone.

Glad I have singed up here as think I will need the support…..

Hiya,

I started to day. I had 1 ready made shake for breakfast and planned on having a soup for lunch, but couldn’t stomach it so had to throw it away and have another shake. Bit concerned now how I am going to cope on shakes alone.

Glad I have singed up here as think I will need the support…..

I started yesterday and I chose to only have the shakes rather than a mix of shakes and soups. The soups just didn't appeal to me.

My CDC told me that she did 12wks on choc/mint shake alone so it's possible :)

I am due to start tomorrow. I picked up all my diet packs last night. It just happens that I am starting on the first day of lent which is a nice coincidence!
I am really excited, I can't wait to get started but I am having a bit of a panic today about what to have as my last supper. Everything seems like a good idea! I can't wait until the decisions about food are gone!

I'm really not sure how forums work in general, I am learning so much this week!

Back