Feb starters thread

MAT!!! your back I have missed you lol you're the only one who finds my jokes funny have you been having the dreams aswell??? see by your sig your losing 6lbs a week well done you gosh I wish I was a man you lot miss a meal and drop a stone so not fair lol xxx

glad I'm not alone lilblondie anyway how are you finding the diet so far you must be coming up to a month on cd now? xxxx

glad I'm not alone lilblondie anyway how are you finding the diet so far you must be coming up to a month on cd now? xxxx

Hey lovely! Yep it is my 1 month on Tuesday. Its been up and down for me... when Im at work and have structure to my day it's fine. But it's the evenings and weekends when Im at home and watching tv as this is usually when Im slobbing and snacking and continuously eating! And Ive become really obsessed about food, fantasising about it continuously - reading recipe books, and watching cooking programs (?!)

How are you finding it?

xxx

Soon being on CD becomes such a routine you wont miss food to much. Although you will proberbly start having wet food dreams and waking up thinking you have cheated lol xxx
I am!!! but funny enough, I'm not craving sweets or biscuits (my downfall!!!), but big steaks and vegetables :confused::confused::confused:
Tomorrow I start my 4th week... in some ways, finding it harder than the beginning... :sigh: I have never cheted so far, but any smell of food makes me hungry... does this mean I'm not in ketosis???

hi Food Lover yes I don't crave sweetie things I think because I only drink the chocolate and mint choc shakes I crave meat and pasta and salmon for some reason I have never cheated either. You will definatly be in Ketosis by now but I think sometimes the notion is put out there that you never ever feel hungry in Ketosis whitch is untrue you still do get hunger pangs just not as severe as if you were not in Ketosis I think Icemousse said somewhere that if it has been more than four hour since eating or a shake then it is proberbly real hunger if it has been less then the four hours then it's proberbly dehydration. And remember sometimes the mind plays tricks on us I can smell food and really want it but it's not hunger its more the taste I am craving for. I hope that helps keep strong my love xxx

Emmie, that is a great bit of advice to know that it is genuine hunger after 4 hours or dehydration. I'll keep that in mind from now on, thanks

So far so good, glad the 4 weeks are over!!!! after day 21, I stopped struggling, still amazed at the fact that I can "live" without food!!!! I've to be honest, some of the excitement of the beginning isn't here anymore, but I'm still delighted with the weight loss... and have never cheated, but it's like if this diet has become just part of me, "normal" in some ways...

Last edited:
crazylilblonde, I was becoming a serial weigher with the scales, every morning and night, had to get OH to hide them! ahhh, now I am about to go for weigh in and all I wanna do is have a sneak speak to see how I have done!

Hi all you Feb starters. Been a long time since anyone posted on this thread and I just thought it would be nice to see how we are all going.

A lot has happened since we all started in February. Remember the snow we had and how it was impossible to get into work? Well, myself and Mrs Lampard were over two stones heavier then and both feeling pretty rubbish about ourselves. Now, it is mid-April and we are both feeling terrific about how we look. We are both working up the plan and we can both get into a size 12 jeans. I am amazed by this as I was bursting out of my 16s and absolutely refused to go out and buy 18s!!! We also have taken out a swimming membership at the local leisure centre. The pool is literally a stones throw from our new apartment, so it would have been rude not to :D

Be good to hear your story of where you were in February and where you are at now.

xx

Hi Chelsea, I've lost 32lbs, feel great and can't wait to lose the rest!!!! fitting just about in a size 12 jeans (still 14 on top), but can't wait for the 10!!!!!
Not finding hard so far, but I'm a little bit afraid of reaching BMI 25 and having to start the AAM plan...

Food Lover, you have done so well with your weight losses. If someone had said to me on February 14th that by 20th April people would be telling me I shouldnt lose any more weight as I would look too scrawny, I would never have believed them. 9 weeks that have been life-changing!!!!

people would be telling me I shouldnt lose any more weight as I would look too scrawny...
Lorrayne, at times I'm getting the same, but I know I still need to lose weight!!!! it's just that I look so different, that they see me slimmer (but not slim enough!!!!)

Lorrayne, at times I'm getting the same, but I know I still need to lose weight!!!! it's just that I look so different, that they see me slimmer (but not slim enough!!!!)

I feel the same way. Trouble is, the skin on my upper arms is starting to look a bit wrinkly and it does not look attractive in sleeveless tops/dresses, so I might have to think again about getting down to my target of 10 stones, which is still over a healthy BMI for my height. These recommended guidelines dont take into account someone's age. For insurance purposes, for instance, they would look at my height/weight/BMI and decide to charge me more for my premiums for being in the 'overweight' category. Yet I am already looking like a deflated balloon all over :sigh:

Trouble is, the skin on my upper arms is starting to look a bit wrinkly.... Yet I am already looking like a deflated balloon all over :sigh:
I know what you mean... but... better this than being fat, don't you agree????
I'm not doing bad so far, of course I'm not what I used to be, but I don't mind too much now...
and it's a disgrace that they charge more for people overweight, I understand the reason, but I'd say they should only do that if a person is obese, as there are a lot of people that are in the overweight range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean... but... better this than being fat, don't you agree????
I'm not doing bad so far, of course I'm not what I used to be, but I don't mind too much now...
and it's a disgrace that they charge more for people overweight, I understand the reason, but I'd say they should only do that if a person is obese, as there are a lot of people that are in the overweight range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said, 5'2" means you should range from 7.5 stones to 9.5 stones, so 10st would make me officially overweight :-(

What weight should you be to be in a BMI of, say, 24.9?

Back