February 2016

Congratulations on your loss. Well done you! My consultant says Reach for the stars, so if you fall, you land on a cloud. You fell on the cloud and not the hard ground. You did so well not gain, and there is always March to pull up your socks, measure healthy extras. make sure you stick to 10 syns per day, plan plan plan and reach one of the stars :)

Thank you. I know, I know - I still lost 8lbs in the month of Feb, and I am pleased but this month was the hardest yet. I started in November and was really enjoying it, but not lately. Tbh Feb is never the best month for me. Roll on the Spring!!

@Jhsax are you with a group? your consultant could give you a sos log or a go down the fast forward route? it might be you are coming to your wall? I am coming upto now and it stops me going further so early on at my weight, when i thought it would be closer to the target and i get disheartened and quit because i cant get pass it, but im pushing forward this time to get pass it. maybe you need the fast forward or SP days to push you over the hill and help your body to lose weight again. Bodies are stubborn and might not want to loose more because its use to it. you are retraining your mind and body and it will catch up soon, just need to give it a big kick and maybe doing a sp week might get you there. I dont know 100% much about it, maybe the consultant will help.... I think i have a couple of the people in my group abusing it because they want to cheat and have big number losses because they cant be bothered to do the plan properly and they are glamorizing it abit at the moment but it is there to help people who are at a wall or stuck on a certain point to help to smash through. I would give that a go before leaving or evening committing myself to do the 7 day plan in the magazine, just buy in stuff to make those meals, everything shown and help you to make it. just stick to that 7 day plan and see what the outcome is, it might trigger the body to start losing again.

I always do the full 7day plan when a new mag comes out, but I bought mine a bit late this time, but I will be doing it next week. I don't go to group anymore and I don't know much about sp either.

I wouldn't mind if I was closer to target, but the fact I'm stalling at 22.12 is a bit depressing. How can I be eating the same amount of syns someone literally half my size and still not be loosing?
I agree, it doesn't seem fair. Do you go to group or from home?

If you're at a group it may be worth writing everything down and letting your consultant go over it.

I always do the full 7day plan when a new mag comes out, but I bought mine a bit late this time, but I will be doing it next week. I don't go to group anymore and I don't know much about sp either.

http://www.slimmingworldsurvival.com/blog/slimming-world-extra-easy-sp-7-day-meal-plan

Just found this, so hopefully it will explain it all. But i've seen people come out with a nice result and think they can continue but its restricting, and not what slimming world promote as a long term thing, as its nice little tool to give you a push in the right direction :)

So my take on it is just alot of super speed food, not heavy on the carbs, like potatoes, pasta and pulses

So sorry I've been busy with work and not been able to get online, heres the updated chart. Well done on your fab losses guys!

image.jpg

Thank you very much, I was extremely happy, considering i have been bloated for a week, but looked at my weigh in book and it seems like its a pattern, 1lb loss at the start of my ovulation and when I finished its a 4lb loss. This is first time EVER doing slimming world and i havent gained through period week and I'm pretty bad, I break out around my chin, bloated, I bleed very heavy and I am hungry more. But im sticking to plan and I haven't wanting to slip yet. So I'm very lucky this time around as last time I did this, I gain upto 5lbs on every cycle and it brought me down.

I'm with you on the heavy periods. Mine is due tomorrow and I could so easily let myself go. Went to bed at 9.30 (Saturday night, rockstar!!) last night just to avoid eating! That was after huge bowl of apple and carrot wedges to try and fight the cravings. I've noticed a poorer loss the week before followed by a good one after it's finished too, which makes sense considering how bloated I get x

@turkish_delight wow, thats commitment tho! Good on you. Love the going to bed early to avoid eating. I sometimes do that. but the only chance I have to exercise is the night time while the daughter sleeps, do the dvd. so that with drink of water helps it most nights. As i dont want to eat too soon before working out or afterwards. But grabbing the apple and carrots instead of biscuits and crisps, will help for the scales and also your mind set. god yeah the bloating, i think with the weight loss, I can see the effects more easily, if that makes sense, before I couldnt tell if i was or not. but now I can see it and feel it now. like walking around with a balloon full of air or a balloon full of water in my stomach region. effects how I walk or work out - out of breath or I just dont feel like doing anything but I push through. and i think thats why im trying to take in more water, so hopefully my next bloat wont be so server, heres hoping ;)

As a rule I don't write OMG, but OMG this week I have lost 7.5lbs!!!!!!!!! I was hoping for a good number but never expected that. Still doesn't quite give me my February target but sets me up nicely to start the March challenge.

@Neveragain , thanks for spreading the PMA, it worked like a charm x

Wow that's amazing :D Bet you are over the moon :D Well done x

2lbs on for me this week :(
I know where it has come from (in fact I can't think of a single day this week that I have been 100% on plan). I had been really dedicated in keeping a detailed food diary and this week threw it to the wind!! I think it shows that for me I am going to have to keep with the food diary for a little while longer.

Although I haven't hit my target the way I am trying to view it is that I have lost overall in Feb and that is really the main thing.

At least you know where you think you went "wrong" @Munchkin_Em thats the big part of it and know how to turn it around for next week. At the moment I couldn't do this plan without the food diary..... I have a terrible memory and food will usually slip through the cracks and its kinda therapeutic also, especially when you have been 100% on plan, and with 10 syns used. Makes you feel better seeing what you have achieved that day and also it can be used as a record. if you had a good loss in that week, you can repeat the week to help you out :)
But at least you can walk away from February with a loss and slimmer you than you were last february and gear up to make march your month :)

Back