Fed up with the same phrase!

baby_callalillies

I've heard this 5 times in the past 2 weeks.....

"Havent you gone far enough on this diet???"

I wish people would keep their mouths shut! I know some are concerned, especially family and friends. When i tell them i still have 20 - odd pounds left to lose, they look at me in disgust and say 'Really? you sure, i think you have gone far enough' wtf? Im overweight and nowhere near my target BMI!!!

Its getting frustrating. Im dreading seeing another person i havent saw in months for fear of exploding.

another Friday moan from me

lol

Anni
xxxx

I hate that! People say it to me all the time or tell me that it's not healthy to not eat for so long! I'm still 16st something for crying out loud!!

Hmm, my MIL keeps saying 'you need a break from the diet to let you body recover'. Err no, I'd just pile the pounds on because I wouldn't be in a maintenance routine. I'll keep on as I am thank you, and maintain properly when I get the weight off. There's no telling her though, the other day I was feeling *really* knackered. Totally drained. So it was 'you need a proper meal' time. Nothing to do with the fact our middle child had been up all night, and me with her.

If you can't change people's minds then just let them say what they're going to say and ignore them :)

Anni ...i knwo how you feel it really got to me i was wondering if it's normal to be mad at people telling me to stop with my diet !!
like you i am not even in the healthy bmi yet also my mum and sisters keep saying that's enough now your making us look bad :mad: ... they are over weight as well, .. & have seen me atleast 1 1/2 stone smaller 4-5 years ago and didn't tell me to put on weight then so wy should i stop now? ,
keep going ! - i like how shocked they are each week when i am still on my diet and getting slimmer :p

it's really really true that nothing , i mean nothings taste as good as being slim feels ( slimer in my case not slim yet ) ! :)

Its hard though as i really worry that when i get to target, Im still going to be miserable with my fat saggy body and continue to diet!

I would love to see myself the way others do:cry:

My best friend said my losing weight has made me appear smaller in height too ;-( Crikey, im only 5ft 1.5!!!) So now im referred to as her 'pocket pal' lolol I did smile when she said, God, you must be like a size 12 now!!! Eh? I WISH! Nope dear, im still classed as a larger lady, 16's ma dear.

but you're right, just going to have to accept the disapproving looks and grit my teeth.

x

i cant agree more...i still have 26lbs to lose to get to goal...and i get bored now of relying to their "havent you lost enough" comments with "isnt it time YOU went on Cambridge and left me alone".....
I get so mad!
If i were on WW/SW, they would be encouraging me all the way...
who cares how someone chooses to lose weight......as long as they do it!

MY mum is a large lady (size 24/26) and she is the worlds worst....."Arent you going to look ill at 10 stone?"....ummm, how on earth do i know????? So i will get there and THEN make a judgement call!
GGGRRRRRRR...i'm beyond polite with people being so rude, opinionated and ignorant now....now i just tell then to b*gger off!

My best mate who is a nurse i might add is 7 and a half stone at 5"4....she is underweight....and she tells me this diet is unhealthy! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Becuase being TOO Skinny has no health implications at all does it love?lol

You do what YOU need to do hun! You'll bloomin show them!!!

xxx

Apparently, I'm going to 'waste away' 'disappear' or 'fade to nothing' if I carry on.
I'm still 13 stone and size 16 so hardly..................:( :p

just to say though that its great when they say it though...! lol
I get told that the reason why i'm always so cold at work is becuase i'm "too skinny and need some meat on my bones"....OR...it could be because the morons i work with have the air-con on full blast all the time!! lol

Nice feeling when someone says something like that though....they wouldnt have said that Pre-CD! :D

xx

People don't like it when you change. They have a fixed idea of who you are, so when we lose weight that forces them to re-think their preconceptions.
It's great isn't it! Here's to challenging loads of people.;)

I am a bit in both camps. The 'you are losing too much/too quickly/badly comments annoy me but here i am with 26ish lb left until my goal and looking at piccys of me 26lb is a step too far in my case. I am 12st 13 and tall 11st on my would look ill.

Feel free to have a look at my piccys in my album if you haven't already and you will see what I mean.

but with a BMI of 26 hun, you will only have to lose about 4-7lbs to get to a healthy BMI....your goal is at the bottom end of the range i would imagine for your height.
I think the bottom of my range is about 9 stone...never in a million years will i get to 9 stone!!! lol
xxx

I know its not easy, a lot of people have it in their minds that if you arent eating it must be bad for you and think that when you tell them it is a healthy balanced diet that you wouldnt be allowed to do if your CDC thought there was something wrong with you, they think you are just being defensive or something and may not belive you.

Just think how great you feel about how far you have come and how close you are to your goal.

Keep your chin up and you know at the end of the day you can come here and have a whinge with people that know what you are going through :)

Back