Feel like with snacks i'm having too much food!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Now im sticking to the 2 shakes (440cals)

one meal (600cals)

3 snacks (300cals)

Total 1340

I feel like this is farrr to much. I also feel like im just having the snacks for the sake of it.

Are they essential? Do i have to have this many calories a day?

Thanks guys :) x

Yes you do :)

A female needs a minimum of 1200 cals for our bodies to function on the most basic level. I presume SF go a little bit above to optimise health and weight loss and exercise.

You have to keep saying to yourself that if there was another way to do it SF would advertise it that way. The plan is designed to encourage healthy habits and behaviours; maybe it's challenging your beliefs about food and weightloss a bit? If so is that a bad thing if it's making you aware that some of those beliefs may be wrong?

Yeah i think maybe it is.

Im so scared of my snacking leading to a binge that i feel like i just shouldnt have them.

You are right though, the plan is designed that way for a reason and clearly works.

:sigh:

i dont always have all my snacks, and then have extra at the weekend... Im sure part of it is if u believe its workin and ur doin ok the positive mental attitude gets u there as well!!!

well the scales say so this morning! so lets hope i can keep it going over the weekend. I always fail at the weekends :sigh:

Dont think my body is going to go into starvation mode with eating 1040 calories surely (without snacks)

What are you having for your snacks? I'm going to try and make mine mainly fruit. The slim fast book says a 130g peeled satsuma is 46 cals, an apple at 150g is 68 cals, a 100g slice of honeydew melon is only 28 cals, 75g nectarines 30 cal, and so on, there is plenty of choice.

Always have a banana first thing in the morning, cant start my work day without it so thats snack one.

Other two snacks ive been having melba toasts with lf soft cheese. 1 apple with a ww yog over the top and today i had carrot sticks, cucumber sticks with ex light mayo mixed with curry powder.

Hiya,

Well done on your loss summergurl....you look amazing. I bet your so proud.

I done S/fast for a while, but i'm now calorie counting, i'm eating 1000-1050 a day, and I have been doing that for the best part of 12 months. I was originally put on a 1000 day diet by my doctor, but since i've lost some weight now, i try and have 1 or 2 days a week where i eat 1200.

So I wouldn't worry about not eating enough.

I find that I cant manage my 1000 cals a day some days...and i force myself to eat more incase I get ill...its amazing how your stomach shrinks isnt it.

Good Luck
:)

Back