Feeling depressed today

polishrose

Gold Member
Not lost anything since yesterday-how is that possible??Last time I used to lose a bit each day.Why am I not losing regularly now?How can I be having only 500 cals a day-no cheating-and 4 litres of water, sometimes more, and not be losing weight every day???I just don't get it.What's the point if I'm not going to lose weight?

Not lost anything since yesterday-how is that possible??Last time I used to lose a bit each day.Why am I not losing regularly now?How can I be having only 500 cals a day-no cheating-and 4 litres of water, sometimes more, and not be losing weight every day???I just don't get it.What's the point if I'm not going to lose weight?

Woah! slow down.

are you weighing yourself everyday???? You need to stop if you are. If you get weighed once a week of your CDC then that is fine, if not then schedule yourself once a week at same day weigh in. Your body changes minute to minute, it could be any no. of reasons.

Stop beating yourself up, it's working , you have the proof you don't need the dreaded scales to tell you that!!

Sorry if its a bit strong but felt you needed a push. LOLx

:scale: Get Rid!!

My CDC encourages weighing daily-she said I should see a small change every day.

Well if thats what she encourages i just think it encourages you to become obbsessed with the scales hon.

Good luck anyway.

I've said thisbefore, and I'll keep saying it until everyone takes it on board. STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF AT HOME. When you are at goal, I can see some reason for doing it, but not whilst you are losing weight. Let your CDC weigh you weekly, and keep off the scales at all other times is my advice. Throw your scales away, give them to a friend to keep, bury them in the garden - anything - but keep off them. There is absolutely no point oin weighing yourself between times. 5 litres of water weighs half a stone, and your water balance is fluctuating all the time. Your fat content WILL be going down at a steady rate if you are sticking to the diet, but this cannot be relected in terms of just weight.
PLEASE listen to me PR, this "wisdom" has been learned the hard way. Focus your mind, each week, and you will actually look forward to your weigh in.
I respect your CDC's views, but I do not agree with them. I tell all my clients not to weigh themselves in between visits. I'm sure your CDC would not mind if you kept off the scales.

Ann xxx

polish rose dont know if u remember me from dh but i used to weigh myself in between and got so disheartened when there was no progress so now im deciding to weigh once a week i know its tempting but i dont think psycologically t does you any good
good luck with your journey kerry xxxxxxx

ps started back on cd today !!

Thanks all-I appreciate your advice.I will try and stay off the scales daily but I may feel the need to pop on before the weekend :D I am feeling better now, more positive.

glad you're feeling more positive - I would throw the scales in the bloomin bin! The ONLY scales you need to be on are the weekly ones at your CDCs I'm appalled that she encourages you to hop on and off them ever flippin day! BAD advice!!!!

Bottom line is this... stick to the diet 100% you will lose weight - some weeks lots other weeks a little.. but you WILL lose and it will even out and you will see an average loss that will encourage you and motivate you all at once.

Hop on damn scales every day and you will drive yourself demented! Our bodies fluctuate on an hourly basis let alone daily - so please... do yourself a favour.. ditch the scales... be firm with yourself about it or it will become an obsession and you will end up giving up on the diet which, I have to say, is the most successful diet I have EVER encountered in all the years I've been fighting my relationship with food and the consequential weight gain!!!

Stay strong, stay focussed and you will be amazed :D xx

One of my most enjoyable Clients at the moment is a lady who does not possess any scales. The look on her face each Monday when I weigh her is a picture because until that time she has no idea what she has lost. Most Clients will say " I weighed xxx this morning" but she has no idea. I agree with Ann, ditch the scales ( put them in the loft, anywhere where you cant get them easily) and just have a weekly weigh in.

I usually only step on my scales just before I walk out the door to my CDC so I know the difference between our scales, I find they stress me out.

the thing I like to do at home is to take my measurements every week - that feels so much better than the scales

Back