Feeling disapointed and if its worth it (weigh in)

raquelscatt

In two weeks on SW I have lost the measly sum of 3lbs :(

2.5lb first week, 0.5lb this.

I have never been a big loser even tho I am 17 stone but even so, I have stuck to the plan and not gone over my syns allowance in two weeks. I have done SW many times and have had greater loses in the first two weeks than this.

I was so fed up after yesterdays weigh in that I came back and stuffed my face with crisps and fondent fancies. :cry:

My sister has lost 8lbs in the same time as me and she has no where near as much to lose as me and also claims to have slipped up on some foods ending up in her eating more syns.

I am on the docs referal scheme so will give it another go this week (apart from yesterday,) but if not, whats the point. :(

Please tell me this has happened to others and then you have gone on to have fantastic weight losses :D

Please don't give up! We all go through patches like this and I see it happen at class all the time.

All giving up will achieve is your weight will probably go up...whereas at the rate you are losing that is about 6 stone in a year....which is loads!

Keep going and pass those fondants fancies this way...I'll look after them for you :)

I weigh 17 stone too, I have not had my first weigh in yet, mine is on tuesday.
Please dont give up :) A loss is a loss, loosing weight isn't an easy journey but keep it up and the weight will come off

i think you have done great i weigh in for the first time on tuesday and if i was to lose 2lb il be very happy so dont be down hearted stick with it and well done.

Hi Raquelscatt,

I understand your fustrations, I also go to class with my sister. She regularly cheats and goes well over her syns, and only roughly sticks to plan. I stick to it 100%, eat plenty of fruit and veg and have really slow loses. It seems so unfair, but i just keep telling myself that at least its going in the right direction and if i keep it up (even slowly) I'll be at target by summer :)

Just think if you stick to it and lose 0.5lb to 1lb every week, where you'll be by the summer :)

Good luck, dont give up.

Helen xx

I think that the media tend to give us all unrealistic ideas about how much weight we SHOULD be losing every week. Stories of people undergoing gastric bands/bypasses losing 1 stone every 2 weeks or people on meal replacement plans losing millions and even now with the biggest loser on tv people losing 6-10lbs a week is considered to be normal weight loss.

Not only that but different people lose weight at different times... especially women, our bodies do not like losing the weight.

A healthy weight loss is anything up to 2lbs a week. This is the kind of weightloss that is maintainable when you reach target. 3lbs in 2 weeks is pretty spot on! I know that most people have a massive weight loss in week 1 but that is all water weight not true weight.

Don't be down on yourself, but you need to be realistic about the amount of weight your going to lose each week. Keep thinking that if you lose 3lbs every fortnight, that's 6lbs every month, which is 12lbs every 2 months, which is 5 stones in 1 year. 5 stones, lost in a healthy way - giving yourself every chance not to put those 5 stones back on EVER.

Are you exercising at all? If not give that a go, just go for a walk if nothing else. It really helps to boost your weightloss potential.

Keep at the plan and good luck.

xx

Don't be hard on yourself. I watch things where people are literally on starvation diets and may lose half a stone in 2 weeks, you are being allowed to eat a well balanced range of foods.

Things may well click into place now and you'll see the increase with loses. I can understand your frustrations though, I would feel a bit disheartened, but so long as you're losing and not gaining you are on the right path. :)

May I ask what the doctor referral scheme is everyone? Probably a stupid question...

In two weeks on SW I have lost the measly sum of 3lbs :(

2.5lb first week, 0.5lb this.

I have never been a big loser even tho I am 17 stone but even so, I have stuck to the plan and not gone over my syns allowance in two weeks. I have done SW many times and have had greater loses in the first two weeks than this.

I was so fed up after yesterdays weigh in that I came back and stuffed my face with crisps and fondent fancies. :cry:

My sister has lost 8lbs in the same time as me and she has no where near as much to lose as me and also claims to have slipped up on some foods ending up in her eating more syns.

I am on the docs referal scheme so will give it another go this week (apart from yesterday,) but if not, whats the point. :(

Please tell me this has happened to others and then you have gone on to have fantastic weight losses :D

I have never really had fantastic weight losses!! It's honestly not about how much you can lose and how quickly, it's purely about sticking to it long term and you'll soon see the losses stringing together to make bigger chunks!! Put it this way, I've been at it 15 months, have lost 58lb and really glad I've done it this way because I've thoroughly enjoyed my food, had weeks off, and am gradually learning 'normal' eating behaviour!! The whole thing about stuffing your face with naughty things when you're unhappy with your losses is the sort of behaviour you must strive to put behind you! It's just negative thinking and won't get you anywhere!! Take that pressure off yourself! Imagine if you lost 3lb per fortnight for a whole year!! That would be 72lb (5 stone 2lb) in a year!! Call that slow? I don't!!X

Sorry, me again!!

The other thing I meant to say is do not under any circumstances compare yourself to your sister!! She may have lost those 8lb but that's not to say she's going to get to target and keep it off long term!! Remember success is not final! Someone can lose 10 stone in 18 months and then put it all back on again, and another person may lose 4 stone in 4 years and keep it off for life! Slowly slowly catch a monkey as they say!! Don't be in competition with anyone else, and certainly don't be in competition with yourself! You'll only set yourself up for a fall! Chip away gradually- you'll surprise yourself after a few weeks!!X

Hun we are our own worst enemies and our impatience is what trips us up in the end....I don't tend to have big losses and quite often stick for a bit but in exactly a year despite taking the scenic route I was 3 stone down and that is after my gain at Christmas so it was a genuine year to year 3 stone loss.....imagine if you do the same then this time next year you will be 14 stone....visualise that it will keep you going when it seems tough. And make sure you are spending your syns wisely on treats you really want so you don't feel you are having to suffer to get there....In the year I have had the occasional pizza, crisps and sweet things but I have syned them and kept going....you can do this hun.

The point is you're eating well and if you carry on at the pace you are, then you'll be 5.5stone less by christmas - That's certainly not to be seen as 'why bother if it's not happening quick enough'.

I've given up on diets so many times in the past, and the result of that is always the same, I end up heavier and have simply delayed what I have to do anyway, all the time feeling miserable at being overweight.

Don't think of it as a diet, it's a lifestyle change and the weight loss is one of the best side-effects!

Some great posts from everyone, but funcurls and Jenny have hit the nail on the head for me... this is a plan for life, not a DIET!! SW is about making positive changes to your mind and body so that when life gets in the way (as it invariably does) you can still stay in control and make good choices, as the plan becomes natural to you.... and if you stumble, you can trust the plan to get you back on track.

3lb over 3 weeks is a fantastic loss! A loss of true weight, not a quick fix, pick up a few pounds of butter in the supermarket this week and imagine them stuck to your hips... the work you have done so far is brilliant!

As for other people... when I started my journey I was always harping on about other people's losses, and how they never stuck to plan and still lost 7lbs in a week... well guess what? The two others I was so jealous and worried about both gave up about the 10lb / 1 stone mark, as they didn't lose that much every week... as soon as they hit a small gain or a maintain they assumed it 'didn't work' and both are now back to where they were and with more weight on!

I'M STILL HERE!

Don't worry about other people... take care of yourself, and trust that this plan really does work... I am averaging less than a pound a week, but I know all I have to do is carry on... because I WILL get to my target eventually.

Enjoy the ride! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya, me (yet) again!!

I'd like you to read this passage- Cocktail Princess posted it a couple of weeks ago and she has always been my main Minimins inspiration since I joined 15 months ago! She always hits the nail on the head with her threads/posts- and took about 2 1/2 years to lose her 8 stone and has a very long term approach about it- look her up if you want wisdom and inspiration from someone who's been through all the emotions! Read this and really think about the words:-

“When you stand on the Start Line, you join the club. When you stand at the Starting Line you earn your membership. Millions dream of being where you are. You are no longer a dreamer. You are a doer.

Thousands more started a training programme but never finished. They started with the same enthusiasm as (or more than) you. They started with more or less the same physical gifts or disadvantages as you did. They had no more and no less reason to be successful than you.

But somewhere along the way, they lost that enthusiasm. Somewhere on the road or on the track or treadmill, they decided that the rewards just weren't worth the effort. They decided that they could live without finding their limits, without challenging their expectations of themselves and without taking a hard look at their image of themselves.

You didn't. If you’re standing at the Start Line, you've not only accepted the challenge, but you've also beaten back the demons. You've conquered your imagination and self-imposed limitations. You've gone further, got stronger and become tougher than you ever imagined."

Fantastic quote Heather (*waves*). Thankyou for reposting that and of course a big thankyou to Cocktail Princess for inspiring and motivating us!

Some great posts from everyone, but funcurls and Jenny have hit the nail on the head for me... this is a plan for life, not a DIET!! SW is about making positive changes to your mind and body so that when life gets in the way (as it invariably does) you can still stay in control and make good choices, as the plan becomes natural to you.... and if you stumble, you can trust the plan to get you back on track.

3lb over 3 weeks is a fantastic loss! A loss of true weight, not a quick fix, pick up a few pounds of butter in the supermarket this week and imagine them stuck to your hips... the work you have done so far is brilliant!

As for other people... when I started my journey I was always harping on about other people's losses, and how they never stuck to plan and still lost 7lbs in a week... well guess what? The two others I was so jealous and worried about both gave up about the 10lb / 1 stone mark, as they didn't lose that much every week... as soon as they hit a small gain or a maintain they assumed it 'didn't work' and both are now back to where they were and with more weight on!

I'M STILL HERE!

Don't worry about other people... take care of yourself, and trust that this plan really does work... I am averaging less than a pound a week, but I know all I have to do is carry on... because I WILL get to my target eventually.

Enjoy the ride! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MB I see you have seen the quote before and taken it on board because I see your 'I am no longer a dreamer. I am a doer' bit in your sig!! It's very positive isn't it!!X

Fantastic quote Heather (*waves*). Thankyou for reposting that and of course a big thankyou to Cocktail Princess for inspiring and motivating us!

Hey Zoe hun, how are you doing? Are you feeling better? I see that you're on a roll and getting great losses this month!! Good on you, keep it up!!X

MB I see you have seen the quote before and taken it on board because I see your 'I am no longer a dreamer. I am a doer' bit in your sig!! It's very positive isn't it!!X

Definitely, CP is a massive inspiration to me as well, I often re-read her posts to keep me going! xxxxx

Hey Zoe hun, how are you doing? Are you feeling better? I see that you're on a roll and getting great losses this month!! Good on you, keep it up!!X

Thanks doll! Feeling loads better ta! The weight is coming off much quicker this time which I think is due to more exercise. You're on the home stretch now hun - go for it! xxx

Some brilliant advice here that I'm going to take on board myself! I think we are all guilty of wanting it all gone right now in a quick fix but we put the weight on slowly so it needs to come off slowly too! It's not a sprint, it's a marathon and however hard it gets you just need to keep plugging away until you are over the finish line.

The only other thing I wanted to add it this. I was a WW leader for 2 years. I saw many people come and go and not many people actually hit target. But the ones who did hit target tended to be the ones who didn't loose huge amounts every week, they were the ones who lost the average 1-2lbs every weigh in, who slowly plugged away at it. One lady lost 7 stone this way, it took her 18 months and she never lost more than 2lbs in a week but she kept at it and I admit I cried happy tears with her when she hit target. She didn't give up if the loss wasn't that big, she just added it to the lbs lost and started fresh the next day. She was a massive inspiration to me :)

Don't give up. You CAN do this.

Back