Feeling disheartened.

Tiggemma

Silver Member
I have only 6lb to go to reach my goal weight. Due to work circumstances my time between weigh in is longer than usual and so I couldn't resist just having a peek on my own scales. Now I know they aren't going to be the same as my CDC but I was sort of expecting it to show some
downward movement. I did a little more exercise than I usually would over the weekend so maybe I'm retaining a little water for muscle repair but it's Wednesday now and still no movement since last week.

The problem is when I see results it can stick to the diet. When I stick to it and see nothing I figure why not have the chocolate then?

At leas t's not going upwards! Maintenance is healthy and common when you are close to goal. It'll come off eventually if you keep at it :)

I have only 6lb to go to reach my goal weight. Due to work circumstances my time between weigh in is longer than usual and so I couldn't resist just having a peek on my own scales. Now I know they aren't going to be the same as my CDC but I was sort of expecting it to show some
downward movement. I did a little more exercise than I usually would over the weekend so maybe I'm retaining a little water for muscle repair but it's Wednesday now and still no movement since last week.

The problem is when I see results it can stick to the diet. When I stick to it and see nothing I figure why not have the chocolate then?

True Emma. Upwards is not something any of us want to see. And I'm glad I didn't have that. I've had my porridge and morning water so I will keep going. I've promised myself I won't look again until I see my CDC.

hun you are doing amazing so dont you dare reach for the chocolate!

You are so close to goal, and with a BMI at 24, its going to be slower....especially if you're doing more exercise. How are the inches this week?

I "only" lost 1lb this week on SS, which made me quite angry....this diet is about big results, it could have thrown me off plan but instead, i've become even more determined! I know and you know this diet when done 100% cannot fail. Even if its about the inch loss rather than the scales.....

Youre so close hun, dont let the scales upset you!

Thanks Lizz. That's what I needed to hear. The inches have gone down on my hips chest and arms so that's good. I know it works and I will get there. Being so close it would be ridiculous to stop now. I have resolved to increase my water and keep going!

Thanks Lizz. That's what I needed to hear. The inches have gone down on my hips chest and arms so that's good. I know it works and I will get there. Being so close it would be ridiculous to stop now. I have resolved to increase my water and keep going!

Yay that's super! Glad you're going to keep plodding! You know we'd all prefer to be thin and heavy than light and fat lol

Current loss: 17lbs and 12 inches

Haha, true enough Lizz. I'm going to keep up the exercise if the lbs loss is slower then so be it. I'll be slimmer and more toned. I definitely one for needing to watch my water though. I think I need to up it to take into account the exercise.

How much do you drink at the moment?

I manage 2.5 litres every day but there are some days I know I should have more due to exercising or generally being hot and sweaty at work but I find that extra water hard to fit in sometimes. I know I haven't had enough as I get a headache but by then it's too late!

oh blimey hun, i have about 6lt a day! I drink peppermint tea, i have water challenges that i set myself as well....so i have 1.5lt in the car too and from work. I have extra water in shakes and soups, and then a bottle on the go at the same time.

The problem is if I get called out to a scene (I'm a forensic fire investigator) there aren't any toilets usually. So I can't really go for it on the water front as much as I'd like to. I always make sure I do the minimum and more when I'm not on call. But these on call weeks are always harder for the water. Maybe I should get one of those 'ShePee' things!

The problem is if I get called out to a scene (I'm a forensic fire investigator) there aren't any toilets usually. So I can't really go for it on the water front as much as I'd like to. I always make sure I do the minimum and more when I'm not on call. But these on call weeks are always harder for the water. Maybe I should get one of those 'ShePee' things!

Ha ha I was just thinking that! Can you up it in the evening when you're back home and neck a pint? I pee loads in the night but I do like the water now

Current loss: 17lbs and 12 inches

I should do that. I'll give it a try the rest of the week.

I'm always afraid that the SheePee thing will slip and I'll have wet my pants! Someone did but me one once. It went in the bin after sitting in my scene kit for a few months and I still just kept holding on until I was at an actual toilet.

haha i dont blame you hun! I dont think i could use it either! but hey, if you drink loads of water at least you could put out a fire lol

Er Tigg....

You're doing bloody superbly well. Can I just remind you, you've lost 2 stones and 8 lbs. That's 36 lbs...... that's 17 bags of sugar!!!

Think about that - you've lost 17 bags of sugar from your body, or 21.43% of your body weight.

You're doing magnificently well - you're almost there doll. Keep going!!!!

(Says me who has cheated :) )

Thanks Ian! I am so close I know I just need to keep my head straight and keep going. It won't be long before I'm a maintainer! Hope you're doing ok despite the odd cheat?!

The odd cheat makes me feel human and keeps me going.

It's working. Whole body shape has changed, everyone notices, it's great tbh. A little cheat helps me not fall off the wagon - almost preparing for being normal.

If I'll ever be that :)

I have planned cheats, so I have had several social events since I started and I know that I will cheat and I allow myself that and I don't worry about it! Just like real life!

glad it's going well for you. Someone asked me if I'd shrunk the other day. When I said I'd lost some weight he said yeah I can see that but have you also gotten shorter? I really hope not!!

That's pretty much me. Planned cheats are the way ahead :)

I have chicken and beansprouts instead of pizza, etc etc. I'm out on Saturday though. May be a bad one...... I'm Scottish. It's allowed :)

Ps. Your BMI is less than 25. That is superb doll. It really is something to be hugely proud of.

Back