Feeling guilty re: daughters presents

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Ok my son is 2 and he's got a thomas activity table, jigsaw, dvds from Santa. We've just got him stocking fillers like books/toy cars/tractor/sticker books etc

The thing is my daughter who is 2 months old has only got a doll. Now I know she's only a baby & won't know any different but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty. I also wonder will my son think why has she got nothing from Santa.

Do you think I'm crazy or should I go buy her a few bits??

I think a couple of baby toys, rattles etc might be a good idea 1, to stop your guilt and 2, so your son can see her getting presents too. If you have any baby toys from your son tucked away that he wont remember they would be good enough so that your son doesn't think it strange but I think its your guilt that really needs to be soothed here.

Congrats on your daughters birth BTW

oh great.. now I feel guilty..

my cousin had a baby daughter a few weeks ago, his first, her second.
I have gotten His stepdaughter a selection box for x-mas ( money's tight ) but I haven't gotten the baby anything because I have no idea what to get a baby for a couple of quid....
His step daughter is 6 ( i think ) so at least she can have a selection box from me but I can't exactly buy one for a 2 week old can I?

I did give them a card and £10 to put in the baby's account when she was born though..

oh great.. now I feel guilty..

No need, a 6 year old is old enough to understand that babies don't need anything, a 2 year old isn't. 2 year olds are still heavy believers in santa bringing good boys and girls presents and might get a little upset at santa thinking his baby sister is naughty ect. Whereas a 6 year old may still believe in santa but they also know that mum/dad/aunty/uncle etc buy them things too.

I agree with CatCrazy maybe another pressy from santa for your son's sake. Try not to feel guilty - it's a day and presents she'll never remeber - she will benefit from your ongoing love and caring for her - which you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't feel guilty!

I have a 7 month old and we've only bought her a knitted jersy for christmas - she'll be happy playing with the christmas wrapping paper and boxes and visitors (but she doesn't have an older sibling).

It's a tough one but you know, if you want to go out and buy her more pressies do it - but don't let anyone con you into thinking you're not 'loving her enough' just cause you didn't get her tons of pressies!!

Hope this helps and have a great christmas whatever you decide x

i don't think he'll even notice,,he'll be so interested in his own presents,,i wouldn't worry about it,,after all he's had a whole year to be 'good' and she's only had 2 months lol;)

How about wrapping up things you'd buy in the next couple of months anyway - like baby clothes? Looks like more presents for the baby, but you're not spending more than you would've anyway.

How about wrapping up things you'd buy in the next couple of months anyway - like baby clothes? Looks like more presents for the baby, but you're not spending more than you would've anyway.

Thats what I was going to suggest, just buy her things she needs rather than toys.

I think your son could say why hasn't santa brought her anything young children are so observant.

But don't feel guilty, in Christmases to come she'll get loads of pressies.

My friend wrapped a big bag of nappies and a couple of bags of wipes for ds no.2 who made an early appearance on xmas eve and told ds 1 that santa left nthose because little babies need them more than toys. He was happy with that. :D

Back