feeling like a big fat failure

Hi! *waves*

2 lbs on :cry:

gutted, but if I am honest, I deserved more on. had a rubbish week with work and illness and scoffed my weight in throat smoothers and other comforts.

back on plan though, and will have that 2lb off by the end of the week!

not been the best of weeks, eating the wrong things but have really increased my exercise...and lost the 2lb so pleased with that!

hiya all...not been here in a while....my mum got quite poorly and is now paralysed...looks like my life is going to change. Feel like I have lost control of everything including eating. Darent get back on the scales

hiya all...not been here in a while....my mum got quite poorly and is now paralysed...looks like my life is going to change. Feel like I have lost control of everything including eating. Darent get back on the scales

Hey Stranger!

So sorry to hear about your mum, you obviously have enough on just now without worrying about any weight gain. One day at a time, you'll know when you're up to getting seriously back on plan. Good luck with everything x

Will I got on the scales...figured it would be best to see the damage sooner than later. And I have had a loss :eek: I am blaming the stress. Going to really try and get back on track this week.

Thanks for the continued support x

well, I am back. Feeling so-so, tail not quite between my legs. Things have been super stressful with mum and work and life, and 'me' took a back seat for a bit, but the time away has made me evaluate what I want and what I need. Got back on the scales and I have lost a few pounds so am not going to kick myself too hard. Just going to put a line under it and get back to what matters - me. I have been making my way through the recipe threads here, going to get meal planning and get some structure. Hopefully it will become so ingrained that when the next big stressor comes along my healthy ways won't be impacted!

Hope you all welcome me back, and sorry for going awol :eek:

Im sorry to hear about your mom hun, the best thing you can do is just look foward and you did have a loss so you must have been on plan without knowing it :)

Hi Klairbear - I've just read your orginial post and just wanted to add my two pennys worth in.

I've always been big from the age of 10 I was bigger than any of my classmates. And I've gone through life getting bigger and bigger, I've only ever tried to lose weight once about 5 yrs ago I lost 5st 3lbs on that occasion. But I could'nt cope with the compliments and attention I was getting the smaller I got, eventually I was back to my normal eating and increasing in weight.

On 23/02/2012 I joined slimming world, I felt as ease as soon as I step through the doors. As of todays date I've now lost 2st 5lbs(got my club 10 tonight), and I feel so much better and I can finally see some light in that dark tunnel I spent most of my life in. As you can see in my profile I still have a long way to go, but I'm confident I can lose at least another 3 and half stone by 25/12/2012.

I will be 50 yrs old in September 2012, and it taken me this long to realise that my weight has held me back for far too long, I need to go out and live my life.

I wish u all the best Klairbear in your journey. Maureen

Last edited:
thank you for your comments, I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply.

I feel slightly more positive today. Have got myself a lovely new set of stationary, just for slimming world things - a journal and pen to record my thoughts and feelings, wallets for my food diaries and a binder for all the recipes I found yesterday and some dividers. Going to spend time sorting them all tomorrow and really get my head round the plan again.

Thanks again, I will keep you all updated!

Back