Feeling lousy and ready to quit... Please help!

Lulu1964

A couple of weeks ago I had an awful cold that turned into one of those hangover coughs that means you can't sleep... I resorted to cough mixture which I'm sure had all sorts of stuff in it that we aren't supposed to have... Pretty sure that it knocked me out of ketosis and my loss last week was pretty rubbish...

I was just getting over the cough and damn it, got home from work this evening and another cold has descended! My back hurts where its being jarred from the coughing and basically I am entering the third week of feeling rough rough rough...

I've managed to stay on plan apart from the cough mixture so far, and I don't know if I'm just feeling sorry for myself, but I am this close (*holds thumb and finger out really close together*) to going upto the shop for some whiskey to have in some hot milk and something to eat... I don't want to break down but I'm so fed up...

I think I need help... Someone please kick me...although not too hard, enough aches already lol

Hey hun, bottom kick coming...

Will you feel better having whiskey? Or will you feel worse that you do now cause you've (in whatever guise) succumbed to a temptation? There are so many ways our cravings can return to us, and when we feel lousy it makes it an easier journey for them to come and take over again. You've done great so far, you've kept your food on plan, and you've also looked after your health and treated your cold. I had flu in December and was determined to stick with it, eating packs was the last thing I wanted to do, but I did, only lost 1lb but it was still a loss. When I could get out I went and got sugar free cough medicine - it has a whole other effect as well as looking after your throat and chest (best taken whilst in the bathroom already!) - but otherwise I stuck with good old paracetemol. My flu ended up as bronchitis, not great, but a ventalin inhaler and lots of rest fixed it in a couple of weeks - can you visit your doc? A persistent cough of a few weeks duration should get checked out, and ventalin is brilliant (I've had it in the past for a hayfever related cough too).

Personally, I think you've done the hard bit and you've stayed on plan, and that is brilliant. Spring is not far away, how good it will be to get a little warmth through your bones through less body and in smaller new spring clothes. It feels great when you look great - surely it's a much better feeling putting on a smaller size and finding it's too big than how that whiskey will feel? :)

Stay with it girl, you'll be feeling better soon x

it sounds like you had the same cold as me. three weeks later I am still coughing. it really is a nasty one. because i use slim and save to lose a little bit of weight just for special occasions, when i have put on a little (I am at my target weight) it was easy for me to say "I will just eat normally for a few days". But i made sure that eating normal meant eating very healthily.

I suggest that you supplement your packs with some vitamins. Especially B and D. drink plenty of water to flush out your system and try to do other things to make yourself feel better - eating is unlikely to do that. try sugar free berrocca for a boost.

During my illness I vowed that eating well was the most important aspect of staying healthy and that i was never going to neglect my health again. Now I feel bettr and am back on the packs, I feel so much better and know that my eating is under control again. I am sure that will keep me healthy in the long term.

Thanks guys, I know you are right and so far I'm managing to keep strong... A moment of weakness I'm sure....those pesky temptations trying to sneak up on me whilst I'm feeling low... I will get there... Xx

Just wanted to post a thank you to you guys for helping me to keep on the straight and narrow earlier in the week... You helped me enormously.... I really can't tell you how much...... And I lost 5 and a half lbs at WI this morning because of it... If you guys hadn't kicked my butt I certainly wouldn't have done that! So thank you, really... Thank you xx

Brilliant! Big well done to you for not strengthening that giving in muscle ;)

Back