Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Feeling Old!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by nobbybear, 24 August 2011 Social URL.

1. nobbybear

nobbybear New Member

My son is 17 today and has his first driving lesson booked for Saturday - this has made me feel soooooo old! I'm 42 but feel 142!!

It only seems like yesterday he was learning to walk and now learning to drive - don't know where the time has gone!!

All you ladies with little ones please cherish them and make the most of them being young - childhood goes far too quickly!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My Dort moved out a few months ago and my 'baby' is almost 15 and towers over me!!

No-one told me there's no warning with boys...one minute I had a little boy the next minute a hulking gurt lug of a man came down the stairs!

At least with girls it's a gradual thing!

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My son has just turned 21 & looking to move out when he gets a job; DD is working & saving up to move out, whilst me I'm now seeing the signs of ageing, aching bones, menopause.................. but my mind is still 18:rolleyes: just can't figure it out sometimes:sigh:

5. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    Yes - I do sometimes wonder who I'm looking at when I look in the mirror these days - whatever happened to the 21 year old?

6. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to home help for an 84 year old lady who still thought she was 18 and had a shock every morning when she saw an old lady in the mirror!

Me...well I've always been 30, even at 15! So that's when my life began, I grew into myself!

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know exactly what you mean because when I look in the mirror my mum looks back at me but she was such a wonderful person I don't really mind.

What scares me is that my son is now older and more sensible than me lol !!!!

I can honestly say that I do not mind being older. Life brings lots of compensations along the way. The secret is to accept the passage of time. I do not want to harp on about having a terminal illness but it is true it does give you a new perspective on being older. I am so grateful to have made it this far.

My life has been brilliant. I have done loads, had interesting careers, travelled to far flung places in the early 60's when people rarely went abroad. Lived in the sun , bred my lovely horses and dogs, been at the top financially and crashed to the bottom but always positive and happy.
    Had a barsteward of a first husband( violent) but had my son with him so that was the positive there and now I have my wonderful Paul. If I was to drop of this mortal coil now my dying regret would be leaving him.

8. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree, I don't mind being older when I look back I see all the nice places I've visited & the happy times I've had. And when I look forward I see exactly the same. I sometimes just wish my body didn't act its age:rolleyes:

DD was saying just the other day about holidays & how she wants to go to Canada but can't afford to at the mo (saving up to leave home:bliss:) but she has many years ahead of her and can go when she is older.

9. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Hey! it's not just you lovely ladies!

Us blokes feel it too. Especially after weightloss:(

I feel like I need a good ironing! think I preferred a fatter face lol.

I promise never to grow up though - that's plain silly;)

Steve

10. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home

I heartily approve of the not growing up bit!!!

11. needwillpower

needwillpower Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Losing weight has made me feel younger, but looking in the mirror at the hairdressers yesterday my neck is getting saggier - downside of weight loss.

Two sons left home last week to start their careers - hurray!

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Yep it is the neck that gives it away.

Turtle syndrome I calls it;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.