Feeling poorly

LizS

Shut up Ethel
I don't think I've got the dreaded swine flu (which is a shame - I want it over and done with, its not a case of if, but when) but I DO feel rotten. Have been off work today. Symptoms as follows - headache, sore ears, sore throat (a bit, not too bad), glands sore. Worse than all that though is the exhaustion - I simply have NO energy. None. So tired.

Trouble is this is making me feel like I need some nourishment. Have had my shakes today and my water (which normally helps sort out the lack of energy) but still nothing, feel pants. I would kill for a poached egg on toast. or beans. or cheese, or something. Just feel like I need some sort of ...i dunno, something.

Help. :sigh:

Awwww hope you feel better soon, if you think your going to eat best to stick with the proteins only so you stay in ketosis.. chicken, fish, prawns, tuna, cheese, eggs ect (sorry to mention so much food!!!) at least then you wont do too much damage, rather than just ending up eating what ever- which may be likely to be more comforting food if your poorly. upto you! but do hope you feel better soon xx

Hi Liz, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly....

How about having a bit of chicken and some veg/salad and having a SS+ day?

Hmmmm....I am so torn. I really do want to do this diet (and for no longer than I absolutely have to) but I get bored and I wonder if I am looking for a reason to 'allow' myself to cheat. But then again I do feel rubbish. gah.

oooh i could've killed for beans on (brown) toast the other day!

made my o/h it for tea instead. i am turning into his feeder lol...

if you really REALLY need the food hun, then try and stick to one of the higher plans for the rest of the day..
However, the fact that you have said about possibly looking for an excuse to cheat makes me think you cold actually do with staying away from food and continuing to SS....tricky one!

I've had a V&D bug before whilst on CD, and i had 2 days out of 4 with an additional pack for energy, but that was it....if your body needs rest, then food isnt going to make any difference!

Hope you feel better soon though! Its boring being off work isnt it when your ill! lol

xxx

Don't be so sure it's not a mild version of the flu. I had to leave work early on Wednesday as I was simply exhausted. I couldn't walk properly (normally a fast walker) so shuffled home and went to bed. I woke up the following morning with a sore throat, a cough, headache and a mild temperature. I took the day off sick and woke up today feeling positively worse. Work asked me to phone the flu assessment line and they diagnosed me with swine flu. I'm not sure it is as it could just be a bad cold, but I have been asked to stay in and start on Tamiflu just in case. I'm not taking Tamiflu as I don't feel too bad (apart from the exhaustion) and the side effects are probably worse than my symptoms.

I find Solphedine helps and have to admit to have eaten some cereal to keep myself going.

Take Care & hope you feel better soon!:sick:

Thanks all - have decided to have a bit of tuna to see if it helps; feel like i've totally and completey run out of energy. I'm still just exhausted, earache/headache and mild aches and pains; no cough or anything else yet. I just want to sleeeeep!

Hey Liz.
Big hugs to you......
Hope the tuna has help you get some energy. Sometimes when you are ill you just need to eat something.......
Take care and hope you are feeling better very soon x

Back