Feeling really bad about myself now! Is it as bad as GP said?

vicky_77

Hello

I had my appointment with the nurse practinioner this morning. She is very anti Xenical and kept asking me why i would want to pump myself full of chemicals, the side effects are horendous i will leak diahorea and it stinks etc etc. She said i should change the way i think about food and avoid the tablets.

I stayed strong and said i would like to try them and she did prescribe me a months supply with a appointment to go back in Dec for a monthly weigh in.

Just feel a bit deflated now though. She clearly didnt approve :( She didnt even tell me how to take them or about the 5gram / 15 gram rule etc .... Might be why her other patients had trouble taking them.

Soooooo i have my lil blue pills. I havent had anything to eat today so should i start taking them this dinnertime or wait until tomorrow?

I am scared now i am going to be really ill or something :eek:

your not going to be really ill hun.. not at all (unless you eat out the 5g rule) she shouldnt have said those things to you its out of order.. seemed like she was trying to scare you into not using them.. discusting!!

your right about the fact if she hadnt been telling people how to use them thats why they have been getting the oily diahorea..

its up to you when you want to start taking them hun.. the sooner the better as it takes a few days to a week for them to really start working

good luck hun, you'll be fine
xx

Hallo, sorry to hear you're feeling low.
I can understand the point that your GP is making. I generally think doing things naturally is best, but if they're working for you and you're happy, that's fine.
I don't want to preach at all, but once you've got down to a manageable weight, it might be a good idea to start on a healthy eating plan, that helps you to lose weight, because (although I don't have much experience with diet pills), I would assume you can't take them forever, and they are not the ideal.

Hope you feel better soon xx

I do kind of agree with the the nurse. The pills are not the best way to lose weight, they are one of the last resorts for people who have tired and failed time and time again (like me!) and need the motivation that these pills give via the really nasty said effects.

One GP in my practise won't prescibe them as he said that most people using them will lose weight but within 18 months of stopping the tablets will start piling the weight back on and more. The gp who prescribed them for me has a more relaxed view and offered them to me when I asked for help losing weight, didn't think to ask for them myself, am VERY glad I saw her about it and not the other dr. I can see the gp's point about people piling on the weight and more as I had two weeks of the tablets and saw it as a free rein stuff everything in to my face!

You have to do what feels right for you. I hope when you next have an appointment you can show the nurse that you have made really good progress and can say you haven't had any side effects!

Back