Feeling really low

zpacey

Hi guys, need an uplift, my spirits are really low, am on my 3rd week on ss and diet wise I've stuck to it 100%, I don't crave or get hungry anymore, which is great!!, the only thing I find is that am very tired and dizzy when I get up in the morning, am lucky am on my summer hols otherwise I don't think I'd be able to go to college, the feeling goes away at around 10 am and am full of energy afterwards.
My main problem is that I am addicted to my scales and weigh myself every morning after my morning shower before I have my shake, for the past 4 days, it hasn't moved! I bought some water balance tablets but still the scales just won't shift and this is making me sooooo demotivated. I know I shouldn't do this but just can't help myself. The inches haven't moved either, what is wrong? Am beginning to think this diet isn't for me. I drink between 4-5ltrs of water each day. I will be so dissappointed when I go for my official WI to find that I've remained the same! My cdc's scales are not far out with mine, but i always weigh myself butt naked at home :) Pls guys give me some advice before I jack it all in!

If the scales don't move, get the tape measure out!!

Other thing is that your BMI is already pretty low (compared to alot of us I mean) so your weight loss is going to be slightly slower than it will be for those of us with a lot to lose.

I am also completely addicted to my scales. I weigh myself as soon as I get up in the morning (naked) then again once I am clothed, then weigh myself before bed, then if I get up for a pee in the night I weigh myself then as well!!!! hehe

Hi - can't explain why you are dizzy in the mornings, sorry. I was advised to drink more when I felt a bit light headed but if you're drinking so much that doesn't seem the reason.
You say you are week 3 - what did you loose last week? You did well week 1 loosing 6 pounds! Don't give in yet - give your body time to adjust to the diet. Keep posting , you will get loads of support here!

can't seem to adjust my signature, it keeps telling me that I've exceeded the limit on words???? it won't save my new signature!! I lost 5Ibs in week 2.

That's so good!!! Why are you disappointed with that?? The scales might not move until the 5th or 6th day anyway. What other diet could you loose like that? Come on! Look at what you have done in only 2 weeks and be positive! Bet you have a good loss again this week.
You may not have enough posts to have a bigger sig. yet.

11 lbs is a fantastic achievement. You may not think CD is the diet for you, but I'm not sure that there's any other diet out there that could've given you a loss like that in three weeks, let alone two.

It's pretty common for weight loss to pause for a bit during weeks 3 to 4. Don't worry about it--it's just your body adjusting to the change. The pounds will start coming off again soon. And I doubt that you need the water balance tablets. Your body's doing exactly what it should by the sound of it, it doesn't need any help. Be patient, okay? I know you'll hear of people losing two stones in 4 weeks, but that's generally because they weighed an awful lot more than you did to start with. Put that another way, I'm aiming for the BMI you've already got... :D

Hang in there, keep the faith, carry on doing exactly what you have been doing (aside from taking those water balance tablets)--and everything will be fine :)

OMG i wish i was you. i think your going to be impressed when you WI with your CDC and surprise yourself. Throw your scales in the bottom of a cupboard and forget about them. they aren't doing you any good really, only messing with your head!!!!!
I was like you once. My mum was an obbsesive compulsive of the scales, when she got up, when she'd been to the loo, she even had her wardrobe organised by how heavy she would be in them.... totally neurotic i know. It rubbed off on me. i was unhappy and ate (alot) and i started obsessing about the scales whenever i tried to lose weight. i had the reverse effect, whenever they said i lost weight i'd eat and when i'd stayed the same or gained i try and limit my intake of food. it wasn't healthy and resulted in me getting bigger. i threw out my scales last year and was supprised when my CDC first weighed me that i was a whole stone lighter then i thought i was.
anyway keep going with it and good luck xoxox

Thank you all sooooo much for the positive advice, I will hang in there, I lost 1.5 in a year thr gym only, so I can see what you are all saying, It's taken me only two weeks to loss nearly the same on this diet so I really shouldn't complain! Thanks for putting it all in perspective! Gosh what was I thinking! I will def not give in! What a site! I love it!!!!

i'm glad your feeling a little better. why dont you treat yourself to a nice bubble bath or a home manicure. it always put a smile on my face xoxox

ta, will probably have a lovely bubble bath when kids go to sleep, light up the candles and just lie in there with a nice cold glass of sparkling water! can't wait!

Glad you're feeling better

Well done on the loss - that's fab

One of my mates who did CD never lost each week til day 4, sometime even day 5 and then it all seemed to come off at the end of the week

xx

a bubble bath does wonders! Well done on how you have done so far, stick with it, it will be worth it x

go for it bev.....dont forget the candles xoxox

hi, my cdc told me that those who have a lesser BMI should not do ss or ss+. I think you should up your calories so you have your metabolilsm running. You don't have so much to loose. Also if you are feeling faint and weak you must see your cdc immediately. You should reconsider your plan on CD and maybe move up the ladder to the next stage... And cheer up, don't be hard on yourself. I stuck on the same weight for 2 weeks... So I know how you feel. Don't stop just continue doing it:)

Hope you are feeling better today hunni, your doing great keep it up.xx

hi, my cdc told me that those who have a lesser BMI should not do ss or ss+. I think you should up your calories so you have your metabolilsm running. You don't have so much to loose. Also if you are feeling faint and weak you must see your cdc immediately. You should reconsider your plan on CD and maybe move up the ladder to the next stage... And cheer up, don't be hard on yourself. I stuck on the same weight for 2 weeks... So I know how you feel. Don't stop just continue doing it:)

Thanks cleopatra, although my bmi looks less, I am overweight and had atleast 2 stone to lose. I have weighed myself this morning and looks like I have lost 4 Ilbs, if this is the case, I will now be in normal BMI range, so my cdc will probably advice me to change my plan, I really like the ss and will miss it, I'm scared of eating again. Does anyone else feel this way after being on ss for long? Can't one just add 1 or 2 more shakes instead of food?..:)

zpacey how you feeling today?

I'm feeling great thanks Bev, woke up refreshed and in good spirits! my scales reckon I've lost 4Ibs!! am excited and hope they keep that way till WI on friday, It will mean that I will have lost 1 stone in 3 weeks! How amazing is that!

Back