Feeling rough and its only day 1! Is this normal?

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
So day 1 is nearly over and I don't know quite how I feel? The shake was nice and drank that no problem. But just had the tomato soup and although it was edible enough I just couldn't eat anymore than half of it? I don't know if it's because I have drank 3 litres of water and 2 small glasses of coke zero but I just feel so full and sick? I still have a quarter of my bar left as I have been nibbling on this during the day and I just can't face it as I feel so full! Is this normal on the first day? Also feeling very tired and a bit dizzy- is this also normal? xx

Yep tired and dizzy is normal, I felt like that the first few days, I think most people do.
Feeling full I also get and I think that's coz of all the water.

Just stick with it, you'll feel great in a few days :) x

Hi hun, sorry your having a rough start. It is normal to feel like this but please try to eat all your meal packs so that your getting everything that your body needs. Hope tomorrow goes better for you, good luck

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Blue Butterfly said:
Yep tired and dizzy is normal, I felt like that the first few days, I think most people do.
Feeling full I also get and I think that's coz of all the water.

Just stick with it, you'll feel great in a few days :) x

Ok thankyou, I did fully expect to feel this way but I just thought that it would happen on day 2 or 3! Suppose my body has had a big change and has to re adjust. Xx

pinkiepie said:
Hi hun, sorry your having a rough start. It is normal to feel like this but please try to eat all your meal packs so that your getting everything that your body needs. Hope tomorrow goes better for you, good luck

Thankyou, I know I did start panicking as I thought 600kcals a day is low enough without me not eating the whole soup but I just felt so physically sick that I couldn't manage it. But I have just finished my bar so I suppose that's something. Well tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one xx

It takes a while to get into the swing of it. Day 5 and I am flying. Stay focussed and make sure you get all your packs in xx

I honestly think it's the water consumption!! It made me ill the first time round, especially day one! I know that the water consumption is revcommended but I would build it up, stick to what you can drink! It made me so queasy that I gave up, I feel fine this time round drinking what I can. Give it a try ! Xxx

Myaevesmummy said:
I honestly think it's the water consumption!! It made me ill the first time round, especially day one! I know that the water consumption is revcommended but I would build it up, stick to what you can drink! It made me so queasy that I gave up, I feel fine this time round drinking what I can. Give it a try ! Xxx

I'm thinking that aswell, but I didn't struggle to drink it as I have always loved water just never had so much in a day! Well exante recommend 2-3littres don't they? I have drank 3 so maybe if I stick to 2 for the first few days I may not feel so sick! Feeling a bit better now, ate the rest of my bar and went and sat in the garden for 10 minutes- seems to have got rid of that full feeling. Thankyou all, don't think I could do this without the support of minimins! xxx

Aww chick. I only have around 2L a day. Any more and i get a bit woozy. So i don't push it. Find your happy place and you'll be laughing :) x

Princess_Ames said:
Aww chick. I only have around 2L a day. Any more and i get a bit woozy. So i don't push it. Find your happy place and you'll be laughing :) x

Okie doke will definately stick to just two for the time being then! Thankyou all xx

I agree that you might feel better if you up your water intake slowly, but you should get up to 4 litres eventually if you possibly can.

You do need to drink 4 litres of water every day. Most people think this is because it helps to fill them up, but there other important reasons for drinking lots of water.

Firstly, food usually provides a significant amount of water, so if you’re not eating it’s essential to compensate for the fluid you’d normally get from food by drinking more.

Secondly, you need to produce plenty of urine to remove all the waste products caused by the rapid breakdown of fat.

And finally, if there’s not enough water in your circulation you might get dizzy when you stand up suddenly due to a fall in blood pressure, which occurs as a result of rapid weight loss.

I've found as the days are passing i can drink more and more so don't worry if you can't stomach more than 2 at the moment.

There is no way I'd get to 4L in a day. I would physically burst.

I only manage about 2.5ltr a day, including the water in my shakes, otherwise I feel sickly & bloated.
Don't know how you can sit in the garden though, I'm FREEZING!! Currently wrapped up in a duvet just trying to stay warm.

I've found as the days are passing i can drink more and more so don't worry if you can't stomach more than 2 at the moment.

There is no way I'd get to 4L in a day. I would physically burst.

Well, it does take me all day to get through 4 litres I must admit, but it's better for your kidneys to get through as much as you can.

It's hard trying to drink a lot when u r not used to it eh? I fill a 2 litre bottle and drink that over the day a few sips every time i am in the kitchen so I dont have to drink it all at once! and a can of coke zero when I am out and about... and a cup or 2 of green tea when anyone is in 4 a cuppa... and then theres the water goes in the packs, not sure if that counts? :confused: with the added bonus that i have been getting loads of exercise from running up and down the stairs to the toilet ;)

All normal on this diet. I have to say that the tomato soup is the only one I can't drink, even when I've added some chilli powder. Anyway, keep it up, I'm off to drink some more water, given the advice here.

Your doing great ..... now on to day 2. Yes it is hard and you can feel sickly, lethargic and sick but this will soon pass and you'll be feeling like the rest of us fairly soon xx

Does anyone have any tips to help with the boredom of not eating? Or when the cravings get particularly bad? I have caved in so often but I really can't afford to this time as I have a holiday and wedding to attend this summer and I'm feeling the pressure.

Back