Feeling run down and......

welshgirl21

Silver Member
All I want is comfort food :(

I've worked two 10 hour days plus today will be another one and I'm not sleeping well at night either and my chest/cold is bad today.

All I want today is chicken nuggets, mash potato and ketchup or a sausage dinner with gravy or a sausage sarnie on real bread or a Thai green curry and rice....... I could go on for hours.

If you are on EE, make some mash, mix in some ff yogurt, s+p - have low syn sausages in 2 slices of bread (hex), chicken nuggets could be sw breaded chicken. I know these things take time to make, but it might take your mind of it xx

Thats the hardest bit of the plan for me as after working 30 hours in 3 days all I want to do is shove some nuggets in the oven, some ready prepared mash in the microwave and be done with it lol.

Yip been there a few times - what I have tried to do is batch cook at the weekend and then pop something in the oven/microwave. What about this weekend making burgers, add lots of chilli, spices etc, make into patties and freeze - then you know when you feel a bit down you can cook one off, top with some hex cheese, onions and beans on the side? xx

I'll look at doing that next week perhaps, my boyfriends parents are down this weekend to help with the kitchen renovation (could do without it this weekend) so cooking anything is going to be impossible with limited space anyway (our kitchen is currently a 1 ring camping stove, a small square of worktop and an oven) and his mum and dad hovering around.

Thats the hardest bit of the plan for me as after working 30 hours in 3 days all I want to do is shove some nuggets in the oven, some ready prepared mash in the microwave and be done with it lol.

Hey hun,

I steam my chicken & make my bread crumbs the night before so all I need to do is dip it in some beaten egg & roll it in the crumbs before bunging it in the oven for 15 - 20 mins.

Sainsburys instant mash is free and actually really rather nice (which I didn't expect from instant mash) and quorn nuggets (1/2) a syn each fulfil my OH's chicken nugget needs quite well.

All I want is comfort food :(

I've worked two 10 hour days plus today will be another one and I'm not sleeping well at night either and my chest/cold is bad today.

All I want today is chicken nuggets, mash potato and ketchup or a sausage dinner with gravy or a sausage sarnie on real bread or a Thai green curry and rice....... I could go on for hours.

Big hugs lovey. I know exactly how you feel. I've had an awful cold and sore throat/chest all week and feeling sorry for myself. I've just shoved a jam doughnut down my throat. I don't care how many syns are in it, I enjoyed it. It's the first 'naughty' thing I have had since I started and frankly, I don't give a damn!!!!

Quorn nuggets, yummy, I'll certainly give those a go and the mash too.

Thanks Margery, I came home from work early and had a nice chill. Ate some breaded vegetable bites which were nice and not half as bad as some things I could have eaten, 1/2 a syn each I think.

Tonight I've settled for grilled gamon, SW chips, egg done in frylight and some pineapple chunks.

Back