Feeling sad

SILVER79

Feeling a bit down today. I would normally comfort eat to make myself better, which in turn actually made me feel worse. Not really sure what to do and how to deal with my emotions properly. Doing TFR has made me realise just how much I ate for other reasons other than hunger.

I can so relate to this post. I had a tough week the week before last and a bit this week but not quite so bad. I have a lot of work stress and I always ate to deal with it. Last week I had a lot happening with work and I felt so down and I know it was because I couldn't reach for food like I normally would. You just have to hang in there and work through it. I found getting out for a walk helped even if its just a short one and generally just being a bit kinder on myself.

im sending you a big hug. Alot of ppl ahve been through what u have, ive gone through times when ive been so sad and just cried adn all ive wanted to do is eat...but i didnt!!! and boy am i glad! no food would ever make me as happy as seeing my size 12 figure in the mirror and feeling so much more happy and sexy!!!! You are strong and LT will help u to realise food will not ease or solve ure problems, if u need to haev a cry its fine, it helped me, its ok to feel down and sad as we are putting our bodies through alot. just acknowledging its ok to be sad sometimes help. Hope ypu feel better soon and let me know how u get on. Just please STICK TO IT!!! dont give up, it is SOO NOT WORTH IT!!!!

I completely agree with goose hopefully through our time on LT we can learn food is not a treat, a comforter or my friend. Food it is just fuel and while I wouldn't fill my car with crap petrol I shouldn't be filling my body with crap food either!

Busymum and goose. You two are so supportive and sweet. Thank you so kuch for your kind and encouraging words. Busy mum I actually just got in from a 25 min walk. And it put my youngest to sleep aswell (a bonus) and now I'm just lying next to him in the bed catching up on some tv shows. Still feeling down but goose you're right I will only regret it if I reach for food. I'm staying well away from the fridge. Thanks girls xx

Hi silver. Chin up doll...im feeling down too and like u, ate to combat how I was feeling, reaching for the chocolate, or something equally unhealthy. A shopping trip would perk me up too, but im too big to fit into nice clothes. Its tough but the end result will be worth it. We'll look and feel fab when we get to goal.

Ava
xxx

Aww thanks ava. I hope you feel better too hon. Just think how much fun shopping will be when we are at our goal weight. That's something I'm really looking forward to as I haven't properly shopped since before both my kids which was 6 years ago!!!

Your welcome silver. Went to see The Sapphires with my mam, armed with my water and that perked me up. Oh we'll feel fabulous shopping for those tiny clothes....you can wear anything when ur skinny. Hope ur feeling better too doll. Its good that we can recognise we turn to food during these times....we're on a food replacement diet, one which will ultimately change the way we eat, food is for sustenance, not to make us happy.

Keep up the good work

Ava
xxx

Back