Feeling so low

Dunder Doodles

:cry:
I'm 16 weeks in, and the last couple of weeks, I'm feeling really low & emotional.
There is absolutely no reason for it, everything is going well in my life, home, work, family etc (for once!)
I'm over half way through, need to lose around another 3 stone, but all of a sudden, doing TFR is really getting to me.
I know stopping now is totally the wrong decision to make, I'm not mentally strong enough yet to overcome my demons with food, but yesterday, I found myself opening the fridge door and contemplating eating the chicken in there....I didn't, but it really upset me.
Last night was my partner's birthday - I had to sit and watch everyone eat a lovely meal, and my fav pudding was on the menu (Eaton Mess)...I had to literally fight the tears back!!!
Anyone else experiencing this after being on TFR for a while?

Aw thats devastating hun,16 weeks is a long time for one plan but you have come so far already,dont give in. Maybe try taking some extra vitamins. You will feel even worse if you eat now..i remember doing this years ago and I had one day literally in tears cause I wanted to eat,the next day was the best feeling ever because I resisted! Hope your feeling a bit better now and if not,very soon xx

aw you are doing so well... the same as if you werent on lipotrim, we have bad days and good, this just shows you that if you have a bad day your brain tells you to rely on food, this is exactly why we are on Lipotrim, to control those urges and control our intake forever, for the rest of our lives.. so you are doing really well.. other people use alcohol, or buy too much things or OCD, for us it it food and you have gained so much control up to now you should be very proud.. finish your journey hun , :)

Howdy Doodles, you're doing amazingly well. I was on LT before christmas for about 5 months. I remember that as I was getting close to the finish line it was much much harder, but I actually found that surrounding myself with my cravings actually made it more bearable (still bad mind you but better). I mean this might just be me, but i found that spending my lunch hours looking at recipes, or spending evenings and weekends baking/cooking for my family actually soothed the cravings, because i was getting two thirds of the deal, smell and sight. XD My relatives soon became accustomed to me taking a whiff of their food. My point is, it might be worth testing your self restraint in order to find out what can sate your cravings. As long as you don't ingest anything but the shakes and water, its all good. (unless its bad in which case don't do it ;D)

Doodles I remember having the same problem. Check out my signature (if you can) I had really low losses week 17, 19 and 20 and I was so desperate for food I really wanted to stuff some in my mouth and I was snappy and a pain to be around and almost in physical pain at one point. At the same time, I'd lost more weight than I'd ever done before and the support from the forum kept me going. I was totally torn. I was talking about refeeding and coming back after a break as another lady I 'journeyed with' was close to refeeding and I desperately wanted to refeed as well. I think our bodies have been thru so much by this point and it's another test to keep going. Fight on sweetie, it really will be worth it. The cravings will subside again I promise, and you'll be able to refocus. Stay away from the chicken!!! Did you write things down about why you wanted to lose weight? Read them if you did. Remind yourself why and get thru this next week with sheer determination if you have to. You are doing so well, and should be so proud of yourself!!! Sending you a massive hug x x x

Hi lovely ladies,

Thank you SO much for taking the time out to read/reply, I appreciate it so much!

Kay - I was following your posts/journey for weeks silently before I posted on here, you truly inspire me, I had a similar amount of weight to lose as you, so it's really reassuring to know it absolutely can be done, however miserable it may feel sometimes.

I'm still feeling quite low, we are going to Slovenia next week, I'm trying to not be a baby about not being able to eat/drink normally, I've already survived 2 holidays doing TFR so not sure why I'm feeling like this about next week.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :) x

Last edited:
Doodles, you're very sweet, thank you.

I was just comparing my numbers with yours and we are spookily similar aren't we? At week 16 I had just lost 5 stone too!! If I can do this, you definitely can!!! Keep plodding on, each day, each week makes such a difference to the overall. You are so close to getting into the 14's and I really want to see your before and after pics. You'll have a lovely time next week in Slovenia and if you really weren't committed to doing this, you'd have given up on the last 2 holidays. I'm rooting for you luv. Have a lovely weekend too x x x

Back