Feeling stupid whilst exercising, particularly in terms of videos.

RedRevolver

Hello,

I know there's an abundance of videos on the internet and DVD, for free as well as paid for...but I just feel stupid when I do them? I'm not sure if this is just my size and fitness - that moves will be sloppy and not work etc.

Is better timing and ability in even basic moves something that happens with practice? And is it okay if you're just jumping about on the spot a bit, trying to get back into the rhythm?

I feel a bit silly, because the answer is probably 'yes' (everything takes practice...) but I'd just like some reassurance that if I keep at some of these things, I'll get there okay.

Thanks x

I think a good number of us feel this way. The important thing is that we are taking action -not just sitting and wishing but making an effort. Yeah, I don't always look a pretty sight making ungainly disjointed moves at times but hey! We learn to laugh at ourselves knowing that it's ok really. And yes, improvement happens -slowly but surely!
Go for it and enjoy the journey! :)

Yes, i felt exactly like that when i started. Now i don't feel it so much because i have had plenty of practise and shed a few stone which helps me physically get in the right bodyshapes to complete an exercise. Just keep going and do what makes you feel good, give everything a fair go for a few weeks, assess, and take it from there.

Definitely! Feel less stupid now but never look in the mirror at classes - then reality hits lol:D

Definitely! Feel less stupid now but never look in the mirror at classes - then reality hits lol:D

defo agree with this! i cant look at myself in the mirrors doing exercise, i do look daft but so dos everyone else :p

I[m sure you wont feel as stupid as i did when i tried zumba. Only bloke with 50 women!! I stood at the back of the hall which was fine, then we all started bending over shaking our bums which was embarrasing enough for a male. Finally whilst we were doing this the instructor got everyone to move around in a circle so i was now at the front of the class shaking my bum. Mortified!!!! Managed 40 mins of zumba and then managed to skulk out.

Give me body combat anytime!

Shaun

Back