Green Days Feeling "wrong"

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by IanH, 8 June 2010 Social URL.

1. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I've always made an effort to mix up my green and red days - but for me a green day is "green" - i.e. no meat at all. If i want a protein in there - i'll add quorn. this is just me - i could otherwise go overboard with the meat/potatoes if i did EE, or pretend that i didn't have that much meat if using He's on green.

Anyhow - in an effort to shake things up a little - and not having anything else - i'm taking a salad to work for lunch tomorrow and - a tin of tuna (130g drained, and it's 117g for a HeB, so the rest equals about 1 syn). But it feels so wrong having tuna on a green day - even though i'm used to having my 198g of new potatoes on a red day.

anyone else felt the same???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I find the same - I much prefer my green to be pasta/rice/potato with HEA cheese or quorn/quark/eggs for protein. I just couldn't do meat or fish as a HEX on a green, nor potato/pasta as a HEX on a red.

I find EE a little 'odd' for the same reason. (Maybe I'm a little 'odd' though :eek:) !!;)

xx:)

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you know I have never thought of it like that - but yep I have never had meat as my HE on a green as meat is for red days!!

Like you I stick to quorn on green days - silly though as again I have my 198g of pots almost every day on red days!!

5. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I completely agree Ian, it feels wrong to me too and I can't just can't do it! I tried it once in reverse, potato as a B on a red day but I think it's so drummed into me now to seperate the foods to different days it just feels too strange. Funny how our minds work isn't it.

6. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    relax and enjoy it-ee is fab x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.