Feelings of boredom? Or just anxious for it to end? What's goin on in my head!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi peeps

I found for the first time since beginning this back in January, that I struggled this weekend with boredom, and longing for food.

I don't know why. I have been abstaining 26 or 27 weeks, and never had a moment like this.

I think, and couldbe wrong, but now enough weight has shifted (nearly 7 stone) that everything I do is easier. Moving, agility, pain, clothes fit, etc. Plus the compliments are pouring in, as we discussed the other day, and I am getting a lot of people saying, surely you must be done now! Or, aren'tyou about to finish? When do you get to eat?, etc.

As a result, my confidence has indeed been boosted, as has my self esteem. And I start believeing them thinking, "Hmmm.....maybe I am nearly done!" And that gets the inner chatterbox waffling back and forth.

I know I am not done. I want to lose at least 2 more stone. My original goal was ten stone which would mean 3 more stone, but I thought I would go in to RTM at the last stone, and lose what was left, so maybe stabilise at about 10.5 - 11 stone.

I think this has all shaken me up a bit. I have tried very hard not to get bored and if others talk about bordeom with the repetitive flavours, I wuld just push the thoughts away, but am begininng to find that more difficult.

I have also been feeling very light headed, more often then not if I get up quickly. Some of that I attribute to the pain meds I am taking for my neck, as often times they are on a fairly emty stomach - but there are times I believe it probably is from the diet.

We did Milk Week at 14 weeks. Are we meant to do that every 13 or 14 weeks? It would seem to me we should if that was reccomended in the first 13 weeks.
Does anyone know?

This makes me nervous - I have fought very hard to keep a steely detrmination and focus going, and this weekends thoghts almost all consisted of thoughts of eating food again.

Just wondering, did anyone else experience this at this stage of the diet, and how did you deal with it? I still kow nothing will stop me, but I am feeling the final 2 stone may prove to be the most difficult, mentally.

I just want to nip this in the bud - lose the perhaps overconfidence that I am further along then I really am, and get back in my nice comfy zone.

It's more annoying then anything.

Thanks for listening to my waffle.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm waffles...... :D

Hi BL,

I am at the same point as you. Just want it to end now.
I also wanted to get to 10 stone, but after reading on the LL site and other VLCD sites that it is not recommended to stay on a VLCD after you reach a BMI of 25 I have revised my goal. Which still means I have just under a stone to loose but puts the end in sight.

I am constantly telling myself its only a few more weeks then I will be done but it is getting harder.

It might be an idea to re-evaluate your goal.

I just keep reminding myself that I want to get to 10st something. And then I will go into management.

Not sure if that helps you any. Guess we just have to hang in there for a small little bit.

My LLC says that you can fall prey to an "end of term" type feeling - you know where you can't get kids to do anything at the end of term because they're anticipating the holidays? Well, it's similar - you're almost there and it makes it tougher to be focussed and disciplined because you're psychologically in a hurry for the next phase of your life to begin.

If it's any consolation, she also says that a bit of mental struggle is good for you and it means you get to sort alot of stuff out that might otherwise come back to bite you in the future. She says people who have struggled a bit have a better chance of long term success! And she's been a LLC since the late 1980s.

Hi BL
Just you hang on tight, you have done AMAZINGLY well, and you have to reach your GOAL. Dont listen to anyone else, and certainly not that cruel chatterbox!!!
Remember what you said to me? We are in control of what we think about!!!! You must refocus your attention to where you want to be (GOAL) and you know what you must do to get there.
1st time round doing LL i saw my goal in sight and decided to eat healthily to get the rest off! BIG MISTAKE!!! I ended up gaining 16lbs as i reverted to my "old way". Please do this 1st time round, you have it in you to get there. You have come such a long way and you are a very special person........be kind to yourself and divert your attention away from food. You can do it!

Diane xx

Hey BL. It's a really common 'problem'.

Keep going though, because at this stage, it's really hard for you (and your friends and family) to really judge whether you look right or not. You know how the brain takes a while to catch up? Well, it seems that it take friends brains a similar amount of time :D

Go for your goal, and even if it turns out a little under what you intended, it's much easier to rectify ;)

If you give up too soon, you may find it hard to get back on again, and may live to regret it. Don't settle for 'okayish'. Go for 'great'.

I love the end of term analogy. So true. You've got great advice here and yep, I know it's darn hard. Been there...done that...but so glad I stuck it to the bitter end.

Do rethink your goals. You've got away from what you were trying to get away from. You now need to be clear about what you are heading for IYKWIM

Thanks for the sound advice everyone. KD, a lot of what you said makes perfect sense to me. Thank you. Thank all of you - great advice!!

ANd yes Diane - I should practice what I preach!! :D Thanks for reminding me that!!

Appreciate everyone's response - it has helped a lot. Group was good tongiht too, I mentioned how I was feeling to LLC and we sort of made that the topic of tonights chats, so all good.

Thanks ever so much!!!

<<<<<group hug>>>>>

(too lazy to find the little emoticon!) :D

Hiya Blonde

From experience of seeing clients if people are running an away from strategy then they tend to have the problem you have.

For example I had a lady come who had seen herself in the mirror in a popular supermarket at 10 stone overweight and was horrified by what she saw so started the diet.

She was running an away from strategy i.e. didn't want to be that person she saw in the mirror, she lost just under 5 stone and then started to plateau and ran into problems.

When we chatted it through it was because she wasn't that big person anymore so now she wasn't as repulsed by what she saw in the mirror and hence that massive motivation to reduce her weight which was so important wasn't quite as important and in fact she had hit her critical value where the value of being with friends, and enjoying her new body was the same value as reducing more weight and hence she plateaud.

When we changed this to a towards strategy i.e. she was aiming at something and not trying to get away from something then she got her head back on the diet, she last week has gone through the 100 pound barrier and in fact this evening went through the 105 pound barrier.

Therefore I would have a fixed, realistic and achievable goal in the future that you set your eyes on and don't stop until you get there, the closer you get to it the more it feels and smells real until eventually you just "made it"

Thanks Mike.....if I understand it correctly you are saying the sme thing KD did? About having gotten away from what I hated, and now going towards something I like? Is taht right?

Sorry - I don't really understand the phrases "running an away from strategy" and "towards strategy " ?? ( Confused.com!!! :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

God icemoose, can I come live with you please? Every post of yours that I have read makes so much bloody sense!!
Thank you

Tina

Thanks Mike.....if I understand it correctly you are saying the sme thing KD did? About having gotten away from what I hated, and now going towards something I like? Is taht right?

Sorry - I don't really understand the phrases "running an away from strategy" and "towards strategy " ?? ( Confused.com!!! :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yes that is exactly it, you need a realistic target in the future to aim at as opposed to trying to get away from something.

Then as you get closer to that target you get more and more excited and it gets easier and easier.

For me it was never about losing weight, it was about being slim and the two things are not the same, reducing your weight is phase 1, you then need a phase 2 which is being slim and happy.

Mike

I think it comes down to carrot or stick - are you losing weight because you hated the way you were (stick) or because you're looking forward to looking amazing (carrot). That's my interpretation so hope it's right!

I have a question.

BL what you said is very true, I have this inbuilt thing that will jeopardise me when I get close to success and I can almost see it happening now.
I have full scale war happening in my head sometimes, the old you look good now opposed to you had a goal for once in your life get to it. And its there I can see it and I can feel it. But I still do silly things to slow me down.

I can remember after going through a rough patch shortly after completing Foundation I walked into class one night and I said to my LLC this chick has her groove back! I want to find my groove again I only need it for a short while now.

I think the most frustrating thing after coming this far is that you know you are joepardsing yourself, well I do. But I tend to get the helpless feeling, which is no good. Helpless is what leads me to do silly things, helpless is what took me to 17 stone. I AM NOT HELPLESS.

Geez Freud would have had a field day.:sigh:

Good thread and wise words from Mike.

For me too it is about being slim, and about meeting the goals I have set myself. I still find it so boring though and motivation is harder now that I am close to target. I have failed my most recent objectives and am beating myself up about it which is not too good, but I know that i will get there. I will be at BMI of 25 and then start RTM in the next few weeks so the end is near.

I have never done a milk week - maybe it is only on offer to women on LL - if so perhaps I would benefit from a week, though I'd rather have a week of chciken and lettuce!!!!

Hey Tange, I just noticed that our BMI matches at the moment!

Yes that is exactly it, you need a realistic target in the future to aim at as opposed to trying to get away from something.

Then as you get closer to that target you get more and more excited and it gets easier and easier.

For me it was never about losing weight, it was about being slim and the two things are not the same, reducing your weight is phase 1, you then need a phase 2 which is being slim and happy.

Mike

Cool. Thanks for that Mike. All this learning! lol....gotta meake sure I am getting it right now and then!

THanks for the good info and advice.

I am actually feeling back to "normal" now. :) Was just a bad couple of days. I can't complain, as I have had mostly all good days. I am glad to have had a bad day though, as it shook me up....just to make sure I wouldn;t get complacent.

Getting there!! :)

Thank you,

x

Back