Felix is giving JUDDD a go!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

My name is Xanthe and I'm 21 (almost 22!) and I live up north! Sorry that sounds like a dating advert haha...

A bit of diet history - I have always been overweight throughout my adult life. From around 12 I was a size 12, then a couple of years later a 14, at college a 14/16, then I went to Uni (left after a couple of months but moved in with my boyfriend here) and ballooned to a 18/20! At my highest weight I was 15 stone 13, and then I started Cambridge Diet. It was wonderful and I got down to 12.7 stone, then the weight slowly crept back on and I went up to 14.4 stone. Throughout the past 3 years I've tried Celebrity Slim, Tony Ferguson, Cambridge, WW, SW and I've recently gone back to Cambridge. I've lost around a stone (give or take a couple of lb) but I can't stick to a VLCD anymore. I am wasting money and it's sending me mental! I've been on and off CD the past few weeks and I'm fine in the week but then mess it up at the weekend - this is why I think JUDDD is perfect for me!

I have a couple of events that I've been trying to lose weight for but I've now ran out of time :( 3/4 weeks until I'm going away to Manchester for the weekend for my birthday (at least I'm a stone lighter than I was!) and 7 weeks until I go to the Isle of Wight for Bestival (Stevie Wonder yay!!!).

I am absolutely terrible at exercise and I think that's where I will struggle on JUDDD. I walk home from work up to 5 days a week (only a mile!) and this is as far as I get activity wise. OH really enjoys walking so I am going to see if he wants to go walking at the weekends. Also I'm going to do my 30 Day Shred DVD and hopefully I shouldn't be too bad!

I'm planning on following this routine: Monday (DD) / Tuesday (UD) / Wednesday (DD) / Thursday (UD) / Friday (DD) / Saturday & Sunday (UD).

I am wanting to start ASAP so I'm having an UD tomorrow, DD Saturday, UD Sunday then start the week on a DD as planned :)

I only have a couple of days worth of Cambridge products left, so I'll use them for the first couple of down days then I'm going to calorie count normal food. I'd love some DD suggestions if anyone has any! I can easily not eat much from my experience of VLCD's so I don't think I'll struggle too much.

Sorry this is a mega long post! Really excited to start tomorrow :D

Good luck!
I'm on my second DD today and not finding it hard at all! I was really daunted by the low calories on DD but it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and of you've done vlcd then you should be fine one day at a time :)
My diary is on here somewhere if you want to see what iv had on DD, i think you can get quite a lot for 500 calories xx

Just off to bed. Going to weigh myself in the morning! Stuffed my face with crap all weekend so I'm expecting to weigh loads more than I thought!

OH is also dieting. He's 6ft 4 and very broad (ex rugby player) and he's lost around 4 stone doing various meal replacement diets. He's only got a stone to a stone and half max to lose, but he's not happy I'm giving up on Cambridge! He still wants to do it which is fine by me, I don't know why we both have to do the same diet... He's not convinced about JUDDD so I'm ready to prove him wrong. He's very lucky because he loses weight so easily, and I've told him he can easily just watch what he eats and exercise and he will be there in no time. Most men don't listen though do they!

Oh well, here's to day 1 tomorrow! Feels odd to start on an up day!

Good luck for tomorrow! Friday and Saturday are my up days, looking forward to tomorrow now lol! Though yesterday I struggled to get to my cals x

Ok this morning I am 13 stone 6.5lb so I'll take that as my starting weight. Will take my measurements when I get home from work later :)

Food so far for today (started on an up day today so I don't have to wait until Monday to start!)

Breakfast: Oatso simple golden syrup porridge (ended up adding a tbsp of jam because it was horrible!!!) with semi skimmed milk - 311

Snack: Banana - I dunno how many calories but MFP is saying 105. Thought it would be less!

Lunch: We had a special lunch at work today and our managers bought us pizza from Costco. I had half a slice of pepperoni - 340, half a slice of chicken pizza - 268, 4 chicken wings - 210 and carrot cake - 360.

The lunch was massive, I feel really bad for eating so much today! Going to have a mushroom omelette for tea late tonight. That's if I even get hungry! Calories so far are 1618.

Hello and welcome to juddd :) good luck on ur new journey :)

Just want to add, I don't like the oatso simple golden syrup either! If u have an aldi one there's are delishhh!!

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stef2009 said:
Hello and welcome to juddd :) good luck on ur new journey :)

Just want to add, I don't like the oatso simple golden syrup either! If u have an aldi one there's are delishhh!!

Xxx

Oh my god I'm glad it's not just me!!! It tastes totally rank and not like golden syrup at all haha. Is the aldi one golden syrup too? I love aldi, will see if I can pick some up tomorrow :) how long have you been following JUDDD?

Haha I know it doesn't Taste right, I was so excited when they brought a choc fudge one out and it tasted rubbish! Well to me anyway lol

Yep the aldi one is golden syrup :) its so good I could eat it all day long lol

I've been doing juddd for 4 weeks but it's not working for me at the minute, I think it's more because I've lost alot of weight in a short amount of time so I've stalled, I'm havin a little break while I'm on antibiotics counting my cals then I will be back judding :D xx

stef2009 said:
Haha I know it doesn't Taste right, I was so excited when they brought a choc fudge one out and it tasted rubbish! Well to me anyway lol

Yep the aldi one is golden syrup :) its so good I could eat it all day long lol

I've been doing juddd for 4 weeks but it's not working for me at the minute, I think it's more because I've lost alot of weight in a short amount of time so I've stalled, I'm havin a little break while I'm on antibiotics counting my cals then I will be back judding :D xx

Mmmmmmm definitely going to get some!!! How much have you lost previously? I'm really worried that I'll not lose in my first week, then panic and go back to Cambridge!

I lost 60lb since January, most of it on s&s. Never had a gain or sts up until a couple of weeks ago so I've been quite lucky really!

U may lose on ur first week or u may find a small gain on ur first week as ur eating more but honesty dont let that put u off, u must give the 2 weeks induction a go :) it does work :D

Xxx

Good luck! Just stick to it, keep your focus and the reason why you're doing it in the forefront of your mind and blast it. Think more positively, no doubting! And good things will come!

I sound like a bloody genie but do it and I'm sure you'll fly through it!

stef2009 said:
I lost 60lb since January, most of it on s&s. Never had a gain or sts up until a couple of weeks ago so I've been quite lucky really!

U may lose on ur first week or u may find a small gain on ur first week as ur eating more but honesty dont let that put u off, u must give the 2 weeks induction a go :) it does work :D

Xxx

Wow that's ace, well done! I should hopefully lose because I've sort of been off plan for the past couple of weeks and I've been stuffing my face! If I get on ok this week (can't see a reason why I would struggle!) I'll keep going. I'm just paranoid that I'll do crap!

silencemylips said:
Good luck! Just stick to it, keep your focus and the reason why you're doing it in the forefront of your mind and blast it. Think more positively, no doubting! And good things will come!

I sound like a bloody genie but do it and I'm sure you'll fly through it!

Haha thank you oh wise genie!!

Ahhh you should be fine then :) my sons just having the delish porridge, I'm blowing it for him, for evey blow I get a taste haha xxx

On my first ever week of doing Judd I lost 7lbs, when I returned to Judd after a 3 week boost on s+s I lost 2lbs and that was with no gap, others coming from a vlcd have also lost, some have gained a few and others have STS but when you think you can gain up to 7lbs after leaving a vlcd all of those results were brill, I woould put money on you losing this week huin, have faith x

stef2009 said:
Ahhh you should be fine then :) my sons just having the delish porridge, I'm blowing it for him, for evey blow I get a taste haha xxx

Haha aww :) how old is he?

bajoleth said:
On my first ever week of doing Judd I lost 7lbs, when I returned to Judd after a 3 week boost on s+s I lost 2lbs and that was with no gap, others coming from a vlcd have also lost, some have gained a few and others have STS but when you think you can gain up to 7lbs after leaving a vlcd all of those results were brill, I woould put money on you losing this week huin, have faith x

Thank you that's put my mind at rest a bit! I have been on and off CD for so long that I've got it in my head that its the only thing that will work for me. I'm going to stick with it :)

I've changed my plan! UD tomorrow and going to do 30 Day Shred, DD Sunday (OH is at work so I've not got any plans so should work better for me this way), UD Monday, DD Tuesday, UD Wednesday, DD Thursday and UD Friday and Sat then DD Sun.

My mum, sister and nieces are coming to stay on Friday and Saturday so it works out better for me this way! Don't want to be on a DD when they come because I think we will go out for dinner. Woooo can't wait, haven't seen them for ages!

Back