Fell off the wagon - so annoyed with myself

DearFatty

Silver Member
Since weigh in on Thursday I have done nothing but eat rubbish and got up this morning feeling totally fed up with myself.
I have steady weight losses on plan but just seem to have hit a wall and am fed up with continually thinking about food.
According to my scales I have put on 3lb ... I have never put more than half a pound on since starting.. so am now distraught !!!!
How do I get my mojo back ?

DearFatty,
I fell off the wagon last week too & put on 2 pounds - I managed to get my mojo back by deciding to re-read my books & I made a plan of action for this week, I decided I wanted to do something different, make foods I wouldn't normally make & try new things, it has certainly made me feel better this week but the scales will tell on Monday if it has all been worth it, I also wasn't going to go to WI as I was dreading the truth but I think that it actually helped, it made me realise that a gain every now & again isn't the end of the world. The important thing is that you realise where you have gone wrong & admit it to yourself.

Good luck for next week & don't beat yourself up over a slip up this week, we are all only human after all.

Hey Hun,

You recognise your error, that's the main thing. Pick yourself up, dust your self off and start optimising to the max! If you're weigh in is not until Thursday you can remedy this by then! Just start again and put it behind you.

3 lbs in two days seems extreme though hun. If I were you I would put that down to water, perhaps your bowel not moving or something along those lines. I doubt that would be a few bits of junk over the last few days.

Stop feeling down and remember how well you've done already! You've come this far so keep going :):)

K xx

I've done exactly the same thing dear fatty, we need to give each other a good kick up the butt and start again today. I fell off because I maintained Wednesday even tho I'd been 100% good!

Draw a line underneath the past couple of days and forget about them. It's not a hanging offence! Just a slip and most of that will be fluid. If you do a food diary until you go to WI there won't be much damage done, and yes re-read your books, good tip.

What everyone else says, I agree with.

However, STOP!!!, and I mean Stop beating yourself up about this and feeling bad about it and turn that around to the good feeling you have when you lose. It doesnt take einstein to figure out what you're going to do to make yourself feel better...... we've all been there.

Take control, you can stop the cycle, re-read your books, make a plan and set a mini goal.

You CAN do it, you've already done it so far so dont give up now.:)

Thanks everyone. I have got my books out, written a food plan and even made food to take to work, plus fruit for snacks. I will write everything down and hopefully the damage will be limited.

I gained 4lbs on Monday DF and after a good cry I decided that I wasn't going to give up (I had thought about it!). That night I went to bed with my books and some SW magazines, read them, made my plan for the week and wrote out a shopping list. I have been 100% all week, writing everything down and I had a sneaky jump on the scales and they are showing a 2lb loss so I am happy. So keep positive, remind yourself how well you have done so far and good luck for weigh in on Thursday ~ you can do this!! xx

Smashing advice from everyone, I'd say :)

You know you can do it...we all hit a wall from time to time! I've just had a whole week of going off the wagon. Nothing can be done about what's already been eaten, so the only thing you can do is think positive, move forwards, plan and think how good you feel when you're being good...

Chin up duckie :)

Yep, don't do what I did last week and fall off the wagon for the whole week. I gained 6lbs!

If, like you, I'd had the sense to stop after a couple of days, I could have got back on plan and maybe still even lost!

You are doing the right thing by stopping it now - well done for getting straight back on the wagon! x

Back