Fell off the wagon

Jillian

hi all haven't logged for several days :eek: I've broken the diet again. I don't know if I'm wasting my time and money on this diet cos I've broken the diet second wk in a row.Is ti time I call it a day ?I so wanted to lose five stone. I do feel in control on the diet but guess i'm not really since I've broken it twice> help Please give me some advice:cry:

no it is not time to give up. It is time to think about why you're breaking it. You may well decide that this diet isn't for you and apply your determination to another plan. We all have these stumbles in us but we have to kep trying. One day it will click and pretty soon we'll find ourselves looking back and realising we haven't cheated/eaten in weeks. I believe you should just dust yourself off and keep going as if nothing happened. give yourself a '3 strikes and you're out' policy.

GOOD LUCK!!

no it is not time to give up. It is time to think about why you're breaking it. You may well decide that this diet isn't for you and apply your determination to another plan. We all have these stumbles in us but we have to kep trying. One day it will click and pretty soon we'll find ourselves looking back and realising we haven't cheated/eaten in weeks. I believe you should just dust yourself off and keep going as if nothing happened. give yourself a '3 strikes and you're out' policy.

GOOD LUCK!!
cheers, I need to get encouragement cos I really do want to do this for my health and myself. I could really kick myself for being so weak.:banghead:

Dust yourself off and jump back on it, that's what I did wen I had a blip.. I've tried every diet going and can honestly say this one works, keep going Jillian take each day as it come and b4 u no it a week will have past, good luck xx

Hiya gillian, As everyone else has said pick yourself up and try again. Get yourself mentally prepared for it cause only you can do this for yourself. If ya find that this is not the diet for you, there are hundreds of others out there that may fit into your regime. If it helps keep a diary every day and write down how your feeling, ya may then find the reason of why ya broke the diet and learn from it. Don't dwell on it but move on, take each day as it comes and think yourself slim! If ya are feeling the need of breaking the diet log on here theres always someone willing to lend an ear, take care and I hope everything works out for ya.

Thanks all for the advice.guess it's all up to my weigh in on sat. if I've gained they probably won't allow me to continue. they are very strict. so hope I dont gain and if I can't continue I will try W.watchers. My downfall is cooking dinners for my husband and children.it's a killer.will do my best and hope for the best. good luck to you all.

If you can recognise your downfall you are half way there but you really now need to determine what you can do to change your response to that trigger. You can do it if you can get around that. Can your husband cook.....can you have your shake just before you cook so you don't feel the need....can you thin of the food as simply not yours to have at the moment....or any other mechanism...I also have 2 young children and a husband plus events at work that have food associated with them and social things, but this is my 13 weeks and food is not going to sabotage them. Good luck xxx

If you can recognise your downfall you are half way there but you really now need to determine what you can do to change your response to that trigger. You can do it if you can get around that. Can your husband cook.....can you have your shake just before you cook so you don't feel the need....can you thin of the food as simply not yours to have at the moment....or any other mechanism...I also have 2 young children and a husband plus events at work that have food associated with them and social things, but this is my 13 weeks and food is not going to sabotage them. Good luck xxx
That fantastic Angie 44 you are very determined and strong. I am finding it difficult but I dont want to give up. so will try really hard this week. have my daughters 18th on the 14th of nov really want to lose weight before then,

jillian i am feeling the same had a blip last night just started back after a weeks holiday and a gain and really want to do the diet ok in the day but at night its like a demon in my head not even hungary. i am sticking with it and i am sure you will too as this diet works if you do it properly and it won`t take as long as weightwatchers. Keep your chin up you can do it.

Obviously only you can decide if you can really do LT or it WW is better for you.
However if you've eaten, you've eaten, can't change that now. The thing is you need to be strong & think ok it was a blip, a mistake, a silly thing to do but i'm stronger than that.
I want to lose 5st & i will lose 5st..... being a size 12 or 14 is more important than that slice of toast. You CAN eat that biscuit or that chocolate bar (in moderation) in a few months time. You just have to get your head in the right place.
5 months = A slimmer & more confident me.

I cook for my 4 young kids & my husband. I also bake cakes & biscuits for family, friends & the teachers at the schools.
It is hard i know but you have to just be strong.

I found a recipe for a lemon cake which everyone loves. I have people asking me to make it for them & saying its the best lemon cake they've ever had.
Thing is i don't know how nice it is cos i haven't been able to try it.
I just think in a few months time i can try a bit of it.... but just not now.

If you can't do LT make sure you do another diet, SW or WW. Too many times before i've done calorie counting, ate too much, thought i'd blown it & stopped & put on weight.
I too must remember in future that if i eat too much one day that its no big deal & that i just have to get back on the wagon the following day & not use it as a reason to stop dieting.

heya jillian! as you can see i gained 2lb this week! personal reasons n all that but im not sad over it cause this works!!! when you cook the dinner walk off and have your husband dish it out while you read a book in your room or exercise!!! ive been doing that since saturday abd i feel amazing!!! you can do it babe!

heya jillian! as you can see i gained 2lb this week! personal reasons n all that but im not sad over it cause this works!!! when you cook the dinner walk off and have your husband dish it out while you read a book in your room or exercise!!! ive been doing that since saturday abd i feel amazing!!! you can do it babe!
Cheers for the advice as I read "have your husband dish it out" I Lol I suppose to be fair to him he is up 5.30 in the morning and has a hard day. I feel I should at least hand him his dinner. But I understand what your saying cheers Hun.I find the evenings the hardest.but doing ok so far.

Good luck if you try again. Its sound easy when you first consider the diet, all the weight falls off but it is harder at first than anything you'll undertake. I don't envy you having to cook for others when your just starting it. My oh has has to fend for himself up until about now where i'm starting to cook again in order to prepare myself for the future.

This may not be the diet for you, I first tried it a year ago and hated it...took me a year to get mentally round the fact that I needed to do it. Whatever you choose I wish you well xxx

Back