Step 1 Sole Source Fell off wagon at BBQ in first week ...

LouLouD123

So Sunday was a disaster. Took tetras to a BBQ. Ended up eating loads of chicken and ribs plus salad. Something I think I read stopped me from eating too many obvious carbs but sure I have knocked myself out of ketosis. But Two days on I don't actually feel any hungrier like on the first three days and weight is still going down. What happened? Bit afraid to tell the Cwpc that I failed on my first week !!! Help !

Don't worry! It's okay :) This happens sometimes. The most important part, is to learn from it, and not to let it continue.
SO many times I've though "oh well, this week is bust, I'll just enjoy this/that/the other and I'll start fresh next week." WARNING BELLS! THIS IS WRONG! ONLY REGRET LIES DOWN THIS PATH!

Maybe you were really lucky and didn't get knocked out of ketosis! :D That would be great, because it means that at least you don't need to go through that awful 'day 3' feeling again, you know, when you feel so weak you just want to lie down?

Okay, let's have a think about it!

i) BBQ is a great way to cook food because it doesn't add any extra fat or calories! So not a bad choice on the cooking method.
ii) Chicken is great because it's so lean, but I suspect yours had skin on it? ;) Oops! Without the skin though, this wasn't a bad choice.
iii) Ribs and pork in general aren't great because ribs have so much fat, and pork as so much salt! - So try stay away from pork in future XD
iv) From the sounds of it you avoided rolls and bread, and that was a great choice, well done you! :) That's really good.
v) The salad probably wasn't too bad either, did it have dressing on it? Did you eat more than a BARRELL full? If not, then you made a good choice here (as far as cheat-foods go :p)

All in all, it's not so bad. Try upping your water intake as much as you possibly can (at LEAST 3 litres a day) to help flush out all that extra salt, because that makes a huge difference.

And don't worry about what the scales say, for the following reasons:
1)If you've put on weight, you know exactly why so don't be surprised, don't be disappointed, just know that all the effort you have put into week one will help towards getting an even BETTER first loss on week 2, it really will!
2) If it stays the same, PHEW, you were lucky and avoided a gain, that's great, and again your hard work will make week two's loss all the better.
3) If you show a loss, fantastic! VERY lucky, but DON'T think that you 'got away with cheating' and that you can do it again in future. you're loss could have been even better, and next time you might not be so lucky :p

Trust me, your consultant will understand. This diet is HARD, and social situations are the absolute worst. She will not be mad or disappointed, so just tell her the truth and let her know that you don't want to quit! (because you don't right??)

Next time you have a social occasion coming up, ask her what you CAN have. Soul source plus meals are a great way to get through a social occasion because they don't put you out of ketosis and won't completely ruin your weightloss for the week. There ARE options if you need them :)

If I have a meal out coming up with friends, I go online, print off the menu of the place I'm going to, and take it my consultant so we can go through it together and find if there is anything that I can eat (usually a started that I'll have at the same time everyone else is having a main course)
I find this really helpful for the social occasions I just can't/really don't want to avoid.

After ranting on for so long, it feels wrong to hit a button that says "post quick reply". :)

Oh wow, thanks for that reply fantastic advice that is so helpful when you feel all alone at home staring at a bunch of sachets ... It has made me feel so much better about Sunday :)

I think I might have been lucky as those stomach crunching pangs haven't hit so far and did have a sneaky weigh upstairs and still about 7 lbs down so bring on the water and let's flush that salt out!! And the chicken skin and the salad dressing and maybe a couple sneaky spoonfuls of my hubby's creme brûlée ...!!

You can do it LouLou!! ^_^ keep at it, just take it one week at a time, never think about it as being any longer than that or it can seem like forever. Looking back time seems shorter than when looking forward :p

If you have any other questions or just want someone to chat to, feel free to join the new group I'm setting up today! :) The thread is on the CD Teams forum (or the link is in my signature). You don't have to of course, just an offer! But I'm hoping it will be a good source of support for everyone involved :)

Sometimes, struggling through it all by yourself, it can literally feel like you are the only person in the world who has to 'go without' while everyone else gets to indulge and do whatever they want. It's really off-putting. The beauty of forums is knowing that you are NOT alone ^_^

We're here for you <3

You didn't fail, as you said the weight is still going down and that is the aim. Sounds like you still kept it reigned in and if you are going to have a meal that doesn't sound too bad. You will find as you progress that it is easier to not be bothered.

I'm with Chlo, it definitely gets easier to sit with food around and not be so tempted!

Oh thanks girls, really kind xxxx

You are more than welcome, it's what we're here for ^_^

Got weighed in last night and 10lbs down my first week !!! Really pleased :) :) :)

Woohoo!!! ^_^ now no more BBQs :p x

Thanks you guys, really is quite an unbelievable diet isn't it! Have inlaws over this Sat and hubby cooking fajitas but I will just sit and have my soup in a mug and be sociable !!

Back