• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

fellow newbi

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Hi BB! (have copied this from the other thread you asked the question on) - I really enjoy it - no counting, no cooking but real and good food - it's great. Certainly worth a try!

I lost 8lbs the first week and 2 - 2.5lbs per week after that until the Christmas festivities got hold of me! I gained then but am back on it now!

CarolineM

Stubborn and doing it
DC is good and easy in terms of cooking and planning. The food is excellent and very indulgent. Definitely not like diet food at all. I don't think it is entirely GI/GL - the granola and bars definitely are but some of the soups and mains are not. It really comes down to portion control on DC imho.

Go Lower - this is definitely GI/GL. Contains lots of nuts so if you are not overly fond of them then it's not a great plan for you. It's a bit more expensive than Diet Chef and more restricted. Berries and green/white veg only kind of diet. Moderate carbs, low sugar, moderate fat.

DC has the advantage of being a bit more filling I think to be honest ;) As well as cheaper hehe!

Good luck with whatever you decide :D

Hey BB,
I think its great! Real food, real easy! And its going to teach me portion control! So after I have lost the weight it should be maintainable! I say go for it! We are all here for support!

I'm still having a few teething troubles with it (namely I need a bit more to eat than what you're supposed to stick to with DC) but the pros being it is a pretty simple way of going about trying to lose weight, not too many decisions. Made my last visit to the supermarket much simpler as I tend to overbuy, all I really needed was fruit, veg and some milk and yoghurts lol and some pittas for with my soups 'cause I need some solidness with m'lunches :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lipotrim Forum 5
Introductions 4
Introductions 2
Slimming World 8
Scottish Slimmers 2