Fellow SW fans - what is your motivation?

Hiya Everybody, I'm new :)

I've researched on many diets, well - I don't like to say diet but a helping tool to change my outlook on life and food. And SW is best suited to me.

I'm 11st 6lbs and I would like to get down to 10 stone by may - in time for spring and to wear beautiful clothes without feeling self concious. I'm in my early 20s, my body should be at it's peak, and frankly it is not. I've just seen rihanna on the brits, and she looked amazing! That's the body I want, not skinny - but curvy in the right places.

It's hard to do this alone, so joined here for support - and was wondering what everyone's motivation is for losing weight?

xoxo

my main motivation was wanting to be healthier and not a fat unfit mum who my son might be embarrassed of. I know that probably wouldnt be the case at all, as he loves his mummy no matter what :). But I would like to be around for him as long as possible and being overweight can cause so many health issues. Also being diagnosed with PCOS meant I had to make major changes to my diet too, although I got the diagnosis for that when I was already doing SW, it just meant changing a few addition things here and there.

I wanted a plan that didn't feel like a diet and was really just healthy eating which was managable for life, and SW certainly is that.

I feel the greatest I have in years. I have lost weight before on other diets, but always somehow felt deprived, so it never really lasted and the weight always went back on.

I have never once felt deprived on SW, yes there are sometimes things I fancy or crave which are high syns wise, but it can so easily be incorporated into the plan without sending you too far off course.

SW is fab.

and of course I have had great support from others following slimming world both on here and through my blog.

I want to fit back into the size 10 clothes in my wardrobe. Feel much better about my appearance after losing 3 stone but still look much bigger than I should be.
At 5ft 1 I can't carry off the extra weight.

To stop being the fat one among all my friends and not become diabetic like my parents and sister.

I also want to see what I am supposed to really look like facially. I want to see my real face without it being surrounded with big chubby cheeks and lots of chins. When i look at photos I can't see me just a face of blubber.

sweet-simplicity said:
Hiya Everybody, I'm new :)

I've researched on many diets, well - I don't like to say diet but a helping tool to change my outlook on life and food. And SW is best suited to me.

I'm 11st 6lbs and I would like to get down to 10 stone by may - in time for spring and to wear beautiful clothes without feeling self concious. I'm in my early 20s, my body should be at it's peak, and frankly it is not. I've just seen rihanna on the brits, and she looked amazing! That's the body I want, not skinny - but curvy in the right places.

It's hard to do this alone, so joined here for support - and was wondering what everyone's motivation is for losing weight?

xoxo

Hey well done for making the decision to start! I'm in my late 20's and joined slimming world last summer as I was fed up of feeling sad and fat and under confident when it seems all my friends are size ten and having the time of their lives! I started at 12.7 and am now 11.3 and my target is 10 by the summer this year too so maybe we could support each other? I'm losing my way a big lately as I've found I'm starting to feel so much better already that I keep forgetting to stay on plan and get big losses so seem to be taking the scenic route to target!!

im early 20's and started at 12.4 , i have lost 8lbs so far in 2 weeks and would love to get down to just under 11stone, and i think i would hopefully drop a dresss size by then and be happy

Hi sweet-simplicity - Welcome

My main goal is to look good at my Graduation, as well as wanting to feel better about myself and being more confidence

Good luck with your weight loss journey :D

I started at 12.7 and am now 11.3 and my target is 10 by the summer this year too so maybe we could support each other? I'm losing my way a big lately as I've found I'm starting to feel so much better already that I keep forgetting to stay on plan and get big losses so seem to be taking the scenic route to target!!

Oh my god Ames - this is what I do all the time, i hope we can keep this sticky going to make sure we all stay on track.

I think summer is a big thing for all us girls - with the all hot weather we rarely get if in UK. You want to be wearing less clothes, not covering up.

And of course, like most of you highlighted - our health and family are the main thing. That's what I like about SW, we can have our cake and eat it too.

I think my downfall is tomato ketchup, honestly this sad - but I cannot eat a meal without it! Lol Does anybody have any syn free condiment suggestions?

xoxo

I want to be healthy and fit and I'd like to loose about 3 stone - plus I'm getting married in July
It's only day one for me so far so good x

For my 2 babies christening the 1st May I want to look good, I've always been between 14st-15st & I've decided that I'd bit the bullet as it were & get down to 11st 7lbs, I'd be happy with that.

I'll be 35 in June also & decided enough was enough...

It seems my motivation is very similar to a lot already posted on this thread.....to gain my confidence back. Over the yrs my weight averaged around the 10 stone mark, I always used slimming world to maintain a healthy weight ensuring I never went above 10.7 stone.

I have suffered with arthritis since I was a child so my weight is significant, although I have never ever let the arthritis get in the way of life. It's any ever day factor that I live with and have to admit, sometimes forget that I have it as I've lived with it so long.

Anyway to get to the point, overvthe last 2 yrs I have gained 2 stone through stress, working hours, and grabbing food on the go, mainly takeouts. I know to some that doesn't sound a lot, but to me, it has made a huge difference, especially to my confidence but just that 2 stone alone has made a massive difference to my joints.

So here my journey has started, I'm 4 weeks in, and lost 10lb. This is a great site for support & hope I can help and support all of you.

Btw I am 33 and now 11 stone 3.

I'm 25 and want to be slim! I want to feel comfortable in my own skin, not self concious. I've had 2 boys and have a lovely hubby so I really want to do this for me. :)

I want to look better than I did as I've realised it /I do matter before I'm too old to look half decent, to feel normal size and not worry if I'm literally going to fit in! To be healthier and enjoy more things with my kids hopefully for longer and without them or me being embarrassed and SW works so that helps keep me motivated and going as although it may not seem to be working at times it does and the weight goes! :)

Wow I had a work night out last night with some people I haven't seen for a year and got so many compliments it was amazing!! :) :) def inspired to keep it up now

my motivation is stupid really its to be able to proudly face a few of my so called friends who were really nasty over the last few years over my weight not going to say any thing as I'm not that sort of person but that what's driving me on knowing in a sad way I'm the better person

Back