Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Just popped in to read your food diary (Always looking for tasty ideas you see :D) I got caught up reading all the funny post and ended up reading the whole fred :eek: Now i feel a right nosey moo! lol

In my defence though, it's your fault for being so funny and having such funny friends! lol

Anyway, just wanted to wish you and Andy all the very very best for his forthcoming treatment. I sincerely hope everything goes smoothly for your lovely husband. You make sure you look after youself too. Sending positive vibes your way. xxx

Last edited:
Hmmm I've just been on the scales and have put another 2lbs on:eek::eek: I don't know why cos I've been quite good really, all things considered (Yes, for those of you who remember, I had me some F & C's on Wed;)) Also my exercise has waned off a bit this last week as I've been trying to get all my paperwork done but besides this I have been so much better than I would have been previously so I am a bit disappointed .. I suppose I really need to get on this plan good and proper... Watch this space !

Positives for today

1) Andy's final stage of treatment starts tomorrow, we are really feeling positive that it will work and he will go into remission.. (Please God)
2) Had some really nice messages especially one PM from a new friend.
3) Got everything ready to go in the morning.

It's probably heresy as far as this site goes, but really, this week at least, your weight is probably not the most important thing.

Stay strong and positive, look after Andy, and look after yourself. You'll need to do lots of being strong.

There's plenty of time to lose pounds in the weeks to come. For now, concentrate on what is more important.

(And may I be struck down...)

It's probably heresy as far as this site goes, but really, this week at least, your weight is probably not the most important thing.

Stay strong and positive, look after Andy, and look after yourself. You'll need to do lots of being strong.

There's plenty of time to lose pounds in the weeks to come. For now, concentrate on what is more important.

(And may I be struck down...)

You are so right Sarah, Wise words indeed..

Ooh...nice post Sarah! :bolt:

Good luck for tomorrow and the ensuing days Dabby and Andy :hug99:

You know we'll all be thinking of you both x And Sarah's right :rolleyes: ...the diet will wait until you're both home safe and sound and you can join a class and concentrate on it properly xxx

Lots of love and hugs,

Dawnie xxx

Hi Dawn, Just to let you know I've been thinking of you and Andy. Hope all is well and I'll be looking out for you (and him...)

A massive (can I use that word on Minis?) hug
Pomooky XXX

Just popping in on the off chance that, if you pop in too, you'll realise people do care...

Hope all is going as well as expected.
Or preferably better.

xx

Hi Dawn,

Hope things went really well today :hug99:

:bighug: hope all went well today, just popped in to let you know Im thinking of you xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all.

I'm here to post on Dabbie/Dupie Dawn's behalf, cos she's got pretty rubbish wifi where she is, so posting won't be frequent.

She says Andy's doing well: he's got a spanking new hickman line in. High dose chemo today and transplant tomorrow then it's bucket time!!

She asked me to let folks know, so for once I'm doing as I was told.

I'll also pass back any messages that arrive. Just call me SMS.

Have a nice day, y'all!

Awwww that's great news :)

I know she doesn't know me, but give her my best wishes please. xxx

Im so glad everything has started off well, Send them both my love and best wishes xxxxxx

Good news xxx

Lots of love to you both xxx

Morning all.
Here's your Sarah-Garbled update from the Dabbie Dawn messaging service:

Transplant day yesterday.
Procedure went well.
Now it's just waiting & seeing, hoping & praying that it takes.
And apparently the preservative makes Andy smell of sweetcorn.
Lovely.
The really awful sickness from the chemo isn't likely to hit for a couple of days, so obviously Dawn's really looking forward to that. I expect Andy is too.
Yuk.

I've passed all your encouraging messages on, and Dawn's really grateful for them.
I'll keep up the relay service.

(Even though I struggle to pass on NICE messages!)

Back