Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Hello Dawnydabs!

Ooh! my garden is a real mess All scabby died off plants (I am a fair weather gardener), sad pansies and brown, fed-up shrubs. Can't wait for spring to bring them all back to life. S'pose I will have to get my hands dirty then!

Glad that Andy is stronger and you had a wee chat. As for that polytunnel, it puts my toms in a basket to shame!

Take care

Pomooky XXX

Hiya Dawnie
I am fine thanks. Trying to work but having trouble downloading my work from the ftp site so slow :( I need to find someone technie to help me :( Such a nuisance tried all day friday so thought I'd try to day as quieter and its worse .

The sun has gone in now and gone colder brrrrrrr

ooooo Pomooky your posts are in the 400's now we can soon natter again :D x

Hello Dawnydabs!

Ooh! my garden is a real mess All scabby died off plants (I am a fair weather gardener), sad pansies and brown, fed-up shrubs. Can't wait for spring to bring them all back to life. S'pose I will have to get my hands dirty then!

Glad that Andy is stronger and you had a wee chat. As for that polytunnel, it puts my toms in a basket to shame!

Take care

Pomooky XXX

Hi Pomooky.. Lovely to see you here.... I love gardening, but sadly haven't had much time for it in the last couple of years due to stuff going on.. I am hoping to be able to get some time in the veg garden this year - fingers crossed - I need to eat loads of good stuff so hopefully this will help... All the best laid plans of Mice and Men eh !!

Here are a few ideas to help you get your numbers up so you can go on Jackie and Sarah's diaries.

It didn't take me long..

http://www.minimins.com/chit-chat/58560-last-2-letters-start-new-word-1294.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/247771-just-fun-269.html

http://www.minimins.com/chit-chat/63599-double-word-game-861.html

http://www.minimins.com/chit-chat/185549-i-wonder-how-long-would-take-count-1-000-000-a-723.html

Hiya Dawnie
I am fine thanks. Trying to work but having trouble downloading my work from the ftp site so slow :( I need to find someone technie to help me :( Such a nuisance tried all day friday so thought I'd try to day as quieter and its worse .

The sun has gone in now and gone colder brrrrrrr

ooooo Pomooky your posts are in the 400's now we can soon natter again :D x

Sounds complicated... :confused::confused:

Hi Dawn from another Dawn................saw your post on Jackie's diary and thought I would come and see you on your own diary and say hello :):)

What part of Lincolnshire are you in? How funny, two Dawn's in Lincolnshire and both 50 this year!!!!

Gonna have a read of your diary and get up to speed :D

Evenind Dabster - or should that be Spud-u-Like?

Finally found, and caught up with your diary (only taken me the last hour or so!!)

Glad that Andy's transplant went well and that he is home now and starting to get stronger. As you say, it'll be a slow path but he'll get there.

Cold here too now that the sun has gone to bed - although it was fabby earlier.

Speak tomorrow and give Andy a :hug99: from me.

Hi Dawn from another Dawn................saw your post on Jackie's diary and thought I would come and see you on your own diary and say hello :):)

What part of Lincolnshire are you in? How funny, two Dawn's in Lincolnshire and both 50 this year!!!!

Gonna have a read of your diary and get up to speed :D

Hi Dawn

Nice to see you here.. I live in a little village between Alford and Mablethorpe, about 4 miles in from the coast. Where abouts are you? Do you have a diary?

Hi Dawn

Nice to see you here.. I live in a little village between Alford and Mablethorpe, about 4 miles in from the coast. Where abouts are you? Do you have a diary?

Ooohhh near the coast, how lovely :) I'm at Coningsby, home of the typhoon and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Typhoon or Eurofighter is very noisy, you do get used to it, but I love to watch the Lancaster fly overhead, it has such a wonderful sound and if I hear it up, then I have to rush outside to watch it and when it flies over the house, I just love it. I work at Scampton, home of the Red Arrows, but really not bothered by them, they display over the Station almost daily in the summer practising for the display season, but they just don't float my boat :giggle:

I would love, one day, to have a house by the coast, so I could watch the sea from my window :)

I do have a diary and hopefully, if I've done it right the link is below x

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/255947-new-friends.html

Evenind Dabster - or should that be Spud-u-Like?

Finally found, and caught up with your diary (only taken me the last hour or so!!)

Glad that Andy's transplant went well and that he is home now and starting to get stronger. As you say, it'll be a slow path but he'll get there.

Cold here too now that the sun has gone to bed - although it was fabby earlier.

Speak tomorrow and give Andy a :hug99: from me.

Hi Bev

Nice to see you here.. Thank you for all your kind words of support.. I have found that apart from the slimming advice and inspiration I have found some real warm friendship and support.

I haven't really lost any weight to speak of yet but I will when I get into the frame of mind. I am having a little play at writing a diary here and there but am just dabbling. I have had a peek at your diary and you've done really well. I will have a go at the recipes you've posted when I am up to it.

Sorry about all the spud references... it isn't me it's Sarah :D:D
She's the daft one :D:D

Hey - don't worry about food at the mo.
You've said it lots of times that what you are eating now is better than previously. And getting Andy well is number 1 priority - not a blumin' diet!
. . . I have found that apart from the slimming advice and inspiration I have found some real warm friendship and support.

That's the amazing thing about Minis. You meet people over the ether that are far nicer, friendlier and more genuine that many of your friends in real life.
As if I didn't know that! She is UPNEY! As in beyond Barking! (on the district line you know!) Even so a NOT nice lass!

As if I didn't know that! She is UPNEY! As in beyond Barking! (on the district line you know!) Even so a NOT nice lass!

Hey ho.
Go out for a couple of hours and come back to this abuse!

And you may be technically correct, Bev. I am Upney.
But that Dabbie Dawn has got about as many sanity cells as I have.
I'll leave you and your auditing skills to stocktake them, and make a precise calculation. But it's not a big number.

Hey ho.
Go out for a couple of hours and come back to this abuse!

And you may be technically correct, Bev. I am Upney.
But that Dabbie Dawn has got about as many sanity cells as I have.
I'll leave you and your auditing skills to stocktake them, and make a precise calculation. But it's not a big number.
I've worked that one out too chica! You are a well matched pear (Have you got any for your FAD yet in the UK? If not I can send you some!).

Talking of stocktaking. Here's a chuckle for you.

I was called into a manufacturing client's in Manchester many years ago. I'd just proved where over £1m in spare parts had disappeared to in Halfords so they wanted my detective skills there.

Well what I was hunting for was . . . train wheels! They had lost £2m of the "little" boogers and they wanted me to find them.

Now these things weigh over ½ tonne each and they suspected that they were being stolen for scrap.

FFS? Spare parts for cars can easily be slipped into a jacket pocket, but a ½ tonne, 4 ft diameter solid piece of steel? I think not.

Find them I did though, lurking in the depths of their computer system. Some idiot was double counting wheels that had to be refinished.

They insisted that it had happened in just 1 year - but I traced back at least 5 years worth of disappearances!

But here's the chuckle. It was a men-only environment and the 65 year old MD (big male chauvenist) didn't think it was "right" for a woman to be doing the job. Dirt floor, 20 tonne metal press etc etc. They took me up onto the catwalk above the press and it came down with a whoosh of air and I did a Marilyn Monroe in my beautiful full circuilar skirt. I got a round of applause from the 30 or so blokes gathered below at the sight of my knickers. So I told them I'd buy a beer for the one who could guess the colour correctly!

Me & MD got on like a house-on-fire after that - although he did suggest that scruffy jeans were the order of the day for the shop floor.

Last edited:
Talking of stocktaking. Here's a chuckle for you.

I was called into a manufacturing client's in Manchester many years ago. I'd just proved where over £1m in spare parts had disappeared to in Halfords so they wanted my detective skills there.

Well what I was hunting for was . . . train wheels! They had lost £2m of the "little" boogers and they wanted me to find them.

Now these things weigh over ½ tonne each and they suspected that they were being stolen for scrap.

FFS? Spare parts for cars can easily be slipped into a jacket pocket, but a ½ tonne, 4 ft diameter solid piece of steel? I think not.

Find them I did though, lurking in the depths of their computer system. Some idiot was double counting wheels that had to be refinished.

They insisted that it had happened in just 1 year - but I traced back at least 5 years worth of disappearances!

But here's the chuckle. It was a men-only environment and the 65 year old MD (big male chauvenist) didn't think it was "right" for a woman to be doing the job. Dirt floor, 20 tonne metal press etc etc. They took me up onto the catwalk above the press and it came down with a whoosh of air and I did a Marilyn Monroe in my beautiful full circuilar skirt. I got a round of applause from the 30 or so blokes gathered below at the sight of my knickers. So I told them I'd buy a beer for the one who could guess the colour correctly!

Me & MD got on like a house-on-fire after that - although he did suggest that scruffy jeans were the order of the day for the shop floor.

lol... I bet you was puffed out after all that lot.... eh Marilyn :flirt2:

Ooohhh near the coast, how lovely :) I'm at Coningsby, home of the typhoon and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Typhoon or Eurofighter is very noisy, you do get used to it, but I love to watch the Lancaster fly overhead, it has such a wonderful sound and if I hear it up, then I have to rush outside to watch it and when it flies over the house, I just love it. I work at Scampton, home of the Red Arrows, but really not bothered by them, they display over the Station almost daily in the summer practising for the display season, but they just don't float my boat :giggle:

I would love, one day, to have a house by the coast, so I could watch the sea from my window :)

I do have a diary and hopefully, if I've done it right the link is below x

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/255947-new-friends.html

I know Coningsby, there used to be a restaurant there called 'Get Stuffed' they did fabulous steaks... Andy took me there on our very first date 16 years ago..

I have done craft fairs at the village hall and also at Tattershall Castle. It's a small world...

Morning Dawn, have a great day :D xx

I know Coningsby, there used to be a restaurant there called 'Get Stuffed' they did fabulous steaks... Andy took me there on our very first date 16 years ago..

I have done craft fairs at the village hall and also at Tattershall Castle. It's a small world...

Not there anymore and I agree they used to do lovely food.

You will have to let me know if you are this way again doing a craft fair and I will come and say hello xx

Back