Fighting the hunger pangs

White Tulip

Day 1 and first time on CD. Was ok until around 4.30 and since then have felt gnawing hunger pangs and tummy rumbling. :( Keep sipping the water, have had well over 4 pints today (god knows how many trips to the loo!). Going to have a soup tonight, really need to be careful when cooking dinner for other half in the next hour or so that I don't sample it.

white tulip ....stick at it, the first couple days will be quite over whelming when you are around food ...the hunger does go. If you need to eat nibble on a bit of chicken :)

Het there and :welcome: to minis,

The 1st few days can be quite daunting but stick with it hun as it really is so so worth it.When you have your 1st weigh in you will see exactly what i mean.

Keep drinking the water and try to up it if you can,i drink 6 litres a day.....yes i think i spend more time in the loo than anywhere else but is does lessen the more time goes on.

Best of luck to you and keep posting it really helps,

Elaine

like the other have said, the first few days are the worst, but you can go to bed tonight, knowing you have successfully completed day one!!!:D!

I have done CD before (about 4yrs ago) and it rocks!!! its fab to see the weight coming off and the scales going down, so think of that when you are feeling like eating, go and make a coffee or tea, drink some water, paint your nails or have a bath, anything to keep you on track!
Good luck, heres to day 2!! x

Well, I'm on Day 3 now and haven't had any kind of blip at all :D I'm doing SS which is such a change from my lifestyle of being around food (I teach cookery!!) I've not had the scones with jam and cream which were available at work yesterday for a birthday, I've seen clips of cookery shows on TV and I'm cooking dinner for OH without eating any of it. I've even refused a can of Pepsi Max offered to me on 2 separate occasions!

My worst time is still between 4.30 and 7. I can feel my stomach gnawing with hunger and I won't be having 'dinner' (ie soup!) for another hour or so. Who would have thought a bowl of water and powder based soup could taste so good!!!!!!

I haven't had any headaches yet which is good (I don't drink coffee or tea so didn't have any caffeine withdrawal to go through) although I had a slightly hazy moment for about 30 seconds when I was explaining something in class but it was also very hot in the kitchen as well.

I need to find stuff to do. I keep thinking about some kind of basic (but simple!) craft kit to do in the evenings.

I also saw my manager's Pandora bracelet yesterday and commented on it as she now has a full one with birthday pieces added to it. I wondered about buying myself one and adding something to it every stone I lose.....

Last edited:
Hi white tulip.i found the hunger pangs hard aswell so i split all of my shakes into 2 and had 6 instead of 3 still with 8oz of water with each so your having more shakes(sort of) and lots more water.hope this helps x

splitting the shakes sounds a good idea. I could split the lunchtime one into 2....

Well, amazingly still 100% on plan and the end of Day 5 is looming. I've even joined a CD team on Minimins- the Sliminators :D

Feel a bit hungry at the moment - yes, it's that time of day again. Am off to have my hair done in an hour though so that will kill enough time before my soup later.

Have to say - I'm enjoying the reduction in washing up!!!

The only measurement I did was my waist and although I don't weigh in until Sunday morning, I seem to have lost 2.5 inches off it!! Incredible!!

Hi,

Welcome:). I have been sole sourcing for just over a week now and I still have times when the hunger pangs start.

I found that Sugar free rennies (antacids) really help me when it get's a bit too much. Hope you feel better soon:)

ofm x

cheers - good to get suggestions! When I get to week 3 I am going to get some Golden Vegetable water flavour, or the purple boulillon which has also been recommended as the same thing and that is going to really help me I think.

Well, first week weigh in.......and i've lost exactly......

1 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

I am so pleased with this, it really doesn't seem possible !! I never ever thought I could last a day on CD, let alone a week.

I don't feel any different ie clothes don't feel any looser but then they were all getting a bit 'fitted' so perhaps will start to move to 'fitting' and then 'loose'.

After that, any loss next week is great and I'm also really pleased in that my starting BMI of 51.99 is now 49.8 so I'm under 50 which also feels that litle bit better.

Woot!!! congrats on the stone! That's amazing !

Well, first week weigh in.......and i've lost exactly......

1 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

I am so pleased with this, it really doesn't seem possible !! I never ever thought I could last a day on CD, let alone a week.

I don't feel any different ie clothes don't feel any looser but then they were all getting a bit 'fitted' so perhaps will start to move to 'fitting' and then 'loose'.

After that, any loss next week is great and I'm also really pleased in that my starting BMI of 51.99 is now 49.8 so I'm under 50 which also feels that litle bit better.

Wow!:eek:

what a brilliant 1st week weight loss, i guess thats the kind of inspiration you need to carry on. :)

Well done

Debs

:eek: Congrats!!

thankyou :eek: I've spent the last year messing around with 'this' stone and the next one so when I can get the next stone off I'll feel i'm actually getting somewhere.

I woke this morning and found myself thinking - yummy, I can't wait for my breakfast shake....how mad is that?

It is so weird, I just don't fancy food. I'm cooking for my OH, I have food to prepare for my job I am passionate about cooking but nothing is making me drool and think - I have to have that - now! I learnt a Paul McKenna NLP technique once to make any food feel like you want to be ill and a couple of tasty meals on the TV have just taken a couple of seconds thought and I want to heave just thinking about eating it!

Let's hope this week is as good. TOTM is looming in the next 48 hours so it could be a difficult few days.

Back