Finally - a way to make drinking all that water easier

Kuromi Jenkins

Silver Member
I know I've mentioned Slim & Save in a few other threads when people have been asking questions, but I bought I'd give you all an update. I placed an order with them on Friday and It arrived today with my 6 tubs of water flavouring. I've made my first one up which is cola, with sparkling water and it tastes ok actually. It's like that really cheap brand cola you can buy and I actually feel like I'm cheating because his is the first time in nearly 2 weeks I've drank something other than water or green tea.

Will report in on the others as I try them.

P.s apparently these flavourings are ketosis friendly as they contain no sugars, carbs or citric acids.

You do have to be careful with them - they are not zero carb I think. You can over use them and knock yourself out of ketosis.

They told me on the phone they were ok to have with my 3 litres of water whereas Ribena Plus has no citric acid but carbs. Hence why I bought these instead of the Ribena cause I thought they were better. I've checked a few websites and some people state that they are fine to have in fairly large quantities and highest carbs are the "savoury" ones (not sure what classes as savoury?) which have 4.4 per 100g. I'm not sure on the math here, what do you think? Should I be ok with a few teaspoons a day as the packs are 100g and contain about 20 servings I think, and I'm not going to be able to drink 10+ litres a day even if I was having double the recommended amount of powder.

Last edited:
Please ask the questions and just confirm if they are okay as there's numerous threads and discussions on it but they are from over a year ago, so hoping they haven't changed their ingredients.

P.s had the mixed fruit today and it was lovely.

Omg I've just made my last shake of the day, my chocolate one, and filled my blender with ice, topped it up with water, added a teaspoon of fibre, a teaspoon of orange flavouring and my chocolate shake and it is sooooooo nice. It's like eating Terry's chocolate orange ice cream.

I've read quite a bit about carbs the last few months and never heard of savoury ones? :lost:

Last edited:
I'll ask when I ring them. I did however find a page with the details of their drinks and the calorie content for each. It's not amazingly high at 6 calls per drink, but worth noting. Eg I've had about 6 drinks today so still less than 50 calories but that's 50 calories more than I would if I wasn't using them. I might try and cut down a little if my weight loss slows down to much incase it affects it.

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-water-flavouring/

Oh and just another note, they contain chicory root which is a fibre, so if like me you didn't realise that and had a few drinks then also used a fibre powder, then you might be suddenly finding yourself with the squits.

Oh and just another note, they contain chicory root which is a fibre, so if like me you didn't realise that and had a few drinks then also used a fibre powder, then you might be suddenly finding yourself with the squits.

blimey. I think I'll keep to cold green tea and flaxseed. Not together mind. :yuk:

Last edited:
Can I take my green tea in capsule firm instead do you think? I can't imagine it being much different if anything it should be better as I'm leaving out the sweeteners.

I don't see why not. I don't have sweetener with my green tea but if like you say having capsules means you don't have sweetner then its probs better I'd check the label for matodextrin and fillers though cos they being sugar and carbs

Back