Finally doing it...

My husband makes a wonderful Foccacia which he is dying to make but as my daughter and myself are doing SW he will be in trouble if he does. :mad: We have both lost over 1 stone each in 12 weeks and are feeling really pleased with ourselves.:) I think this is a good steady weight loss.

yummymummyuk: congrats!! You must be so pleased with a stone off - that's fantastic! Slow and steady wins the race. I think the only reason I lost a lot in the first 2 weeks is purely to do with the amount of rubbish i used to eat and also, I was on holiday and put on a bit a few weeks earlier. Slow and steady from now on. I've also decided to focus on monthly achievements rather than week to week anxiety and that's taken the pressure off :)

I love focacia. I love all bread. But, I really don't think it agrees with me so little and not so often is the way forward!

today's menu

Shock horror - it's a GREEN day!!!

a Milk
a 28g parmesan
b bread
b [possibly a Fibre plus later with a nice cup of tea]
Brunch
2 grilled quorn sausages, toast and baked beans (WW ones)
Dinner
Grilled asparagus (a whole bunch - some nibbled on whilst cooking), pea and baby broad bean risotto (mashed up onion, garlic and celery in it too). Read that 100g (dry weight) rice is a serving for one, but it seems like an awful lot, although I did manage to almost eat it all in 2 sittings!! Suitably contented :D
Snack
M&S Fruit salad - apple, blueberry, mango, melon, strawberry. Mmmmm - lazy healthiness

Needed the carbs today, but looking forward to tasting my stew tomorrow. Some in the fridge and some in the freezer for another day...

Comfort food day today and a bath and face pack later before bed. Lovely

Just had a sneaky taste of my stew and it's yum! Forgot to say I added in 4 rashers of turkey bacon (sliced) that needed to be used. Sauce is a bit thinner than I'd like - I suppose I could have whacked it on the hob and reduced it a bit, but I didn't want to overcook the carrots.

Roll on tomorrow and all the Red goodness :)

Red again

Definitely feel back on track after my wobble on Friday. Had an interview today at lunchtime and managed to not eat the (delicious looking) sandwiches that turned up - made an excuse that I had a late breakfast. I didn't feel too envious to be honest, all I could think about was how many glasses of wine I could have for the same syns as a very calorific/mayo-tastic looking quarter! Nor did I allow my hand to get anywhere near the very kettle looking chips on the plate by my elbow...

a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b
Breakfast
2 boiled eggs and toast
Lunch
Slices of lean roast beef and grilled courgette (random, but I was in a picky mood)
Dinner
Stew as made yesterday, served with steamed broc
Snacks
Grapes - and lots of them! Apple

Am going to have either cheese on toast or grilled halloumi and a fibre plus later to use my remaining Hexa/b

hmmmm

Didn't manage to get in my 2nd hexsa/b yesterday, but did manage to drink wine. Sigh...here we are again. This week's syns are now at the 85 mark. Stupid break in willpower but I've put it behind me and did lots of walking today so I'm hoping I don't let myself down at the scales on Thursday. Got positive feedback from my interview on Friday and have 2 (maybe 3) more lined up for this week so hopefully the job thing is moving forward.

Today's menu - poor red day

a Milk
a 28g half fat cheddar
b Tesco healthy choices w'meal roll
b Tesco healthy choices w'meal roll
Breakfast
None - running round like a nutter and then met someone for an early lunch
Lunch
Chicken and bacon salad with croutons and parmesan...without the bacon, croutons or parmesan. Had to be high maintenance and send it back as they'd put oil on it despite me asking for dressing on the side. Getting a bit more used to feeling like a pain in restaurants. Sent the bread away too - my halo is sitting high and proud!!
Dinner
TWO home-made cheese burgers in a bun. Was going to have salad with them but I didn't. Naughty. Must eat an apple later. Stuffed now.
Snack
Whole packet of M&S extra lean ham on the walk back from supermarket! Better than crisps I suppose...

Not enough green stuff today. Speaking of green, think I'll have one of those days tomorrow - have a hankering after chilli and rice.

Syns: 0
Syns for week: 85 (That has GOT TO BE IT now!!!!!)

:sigh:

Back again!

Am back after a short time without my computer...I missed being able to come here and read all the stories! First, I'll start with some good news: I had my weigh in on Thursday and managed to lose 3.5 pounds, so that's a stone in a month!! Incredible! I'm obviously still having all the wine but I've been strict on other syns and I'm so pleased it's working :D Must remember to not be too hard on myself and if I do slip up, to make sure I draw the line then and there rather than waiting until 'tomorrow'. I've also noticed that I don't always get in all 4 Hexs so I might try and have a few EE days....I'm frightened of them though!!!!

Brief recap on What I've been eating since last Tuesday...

Weds 8 Sep - GREEN
a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b Fibre plus
Breakfast: Beans on toast
Lunch: 1 jacket potato made into SW chips
Dinner: Quorn chill (carrot, celery, onion, green pepper all hiding in it), rice
Snacks: clementine, apple

Thurs 9 Sep - GREEN
a Milk
a
b Bread
b
Breakfast: Eggy bread (2 eggs) and WW beans
Lunch:
Dinner: Quorn chilli and rice
Snacks:
Syns: 1 1/2 bottle red = 38
2 x WW rose mini = 10
Total syns for day: 48 :mad:
Total syns for week: 48

Fri 10 Sep - RED
a milk
a 42g low fat cheddar
b 2 x bread
b new potatoes
Breakfast:
Lunch: Tuna nicoise salad (green beans, lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomato, egg, new potatoes)
Dinner:Bolognese mince (carrot, celery, onion, 4 courgettes, mushrooms, green pepper)
Snacks: Lean ham, Muller light, grapes
Total syns for day: 0
Total syns for week: 48

Sat 11 Sep - RED (or maybe EE......hmmm....)
a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b
Breakfast: Bacon, tomato and home-made ketchup sandwich
Lunch:
Dinner:

Hi hun, good to see you back and well done on your loss. Blooming heck though - I feel like a light weight, I'd be asleep on the floor after just 1 bottle of wine, hehe. Have a good weekend x

yes, well it's not my proudest accomplishment and perhaps I should have been asleep myself!!! But, the world needed putting to rights and the banter was good....

Ok, so I went with my first ever EE day and I feel seriously stuffed. Not sure I enjoy it.....I think I might stick with red and green unless I want spag with my bol sometime.

Tomorrow I am going to try the SW KFC chicken - have been reading the thread on here and I'm intrigued!!

Sat 11 Sep - EE (first EVER!)
a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b
Breakfast: Bacon, tomato and home-made ketchup sandwich
Lunch: (none as late brekkie)
Dinner:Chicken stuffed with quark and garlic mushrooms, wrapped in bacon served with HEAPS of steamed green beans and broc and roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes. Need a little lie down now.
Syns: Glass wine - 8.5
Total syns for week: 56.5 (good going for day 3....hmmmmm)

Another green day today

a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on toast
Lunch: 2 quorn burgers and beans
Dinner: Veg lentil curry with rice
Snacks: Muller Light
Syns for week: 56.5

Not enough fruit/ veg today, but feel stuffed after all the rice/beans! Might try and get some clementines or an apple in later. Back on red tomorrow methinks.

[managed to have 2 clementines - bit of fruit woo!]

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard at the moment not to stuff my face due to boredom! I'm frantically tidying to keep away from the fridge and wine...I am interviewing but don't really have much else to keep me going during the days - having to invent tasks for myself. It's hard because I have to keep myself available so I can't plan too much. Annoying, but necessary I suppose.

Red day today

a Milk
a
b 2 x bread
b
Breakfast: Smoked salmon and two eggs, scrambled
Lunch: Prawn salad (cabbage, carrot, onion with lettuce together with yoghurt, coriander and lime dressing)
Dinner: I tried the SW KFC style chicken from the recipe boards here and used 4 chicken breasts, cut into goujons. It was ok - not quite crispy enough - I might try frying it if I make it again - and waaay too many breadcrumbs (used 4 slices as per the recipe but I definitely didn't use it all...maybe half). Half the chicken left over in the fridge for tomorrow.
Again another day where I haven't used all my Hexs but I may well have a little Fibre Plus later on with a cup of tea.

Feeling a bit low tonight :(

Hi Loumoo, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit low. Just think about that fantastic 3.5lbs loss you had last week and how it felt to reach yout 1st mark!

Good luck for your interviews hun - hope you find something soon x

Thanks Spanx - I am definitely proud of myself for what I've done, but because I've never lost weight and kept it off before I'm almost waiting to fall off the wagon so that I can berate myself for not being good enough and then go and eat pizza and frozen things with breadcrumbs. So weird. I'm a bit scared because I seem to have done so well so quickly in terms of weight loss and it now feels like a competition with myself and there's all this pressure to keep it up. I suppose I've been bigger for so long and used to blending in that it's almost easier - or second nature - to feel like a 'failure'.

I did go and try on lots of dresses and trousers yesterday and was pleased with the reflection, which did help lift the old spirits. Bummer (a good problem though!) is that I seem to have missed the window of wearing opportunity with some things - they're now definitely too big where before there wasn't a mission of the zips ever meeting!! I'll be ok...I just get down and normally I guess that's when I stuffed my face with bread/ pate/ chips and dips etc etc and now I'm having to deal with feelings!!

Enough of the wallowing now. More to what I've been eating today - RED DAY

a Milk
a 42g low fat halloumi (same/less fat per 100g than my low fat cheddar so I'm hoping it's the same weight for an a)
b new potatoes
b tesco healthy living wholemeal roll
Breakfast: none (bad, but got up late and was going for an early lunch)
Lunch: tuna nicoise out in a restaurant (grilled tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, green beans, boiled egg, cucumber no dressing)
Dinner: TWO home-made burgers, one in a bun, griddled courgette, tomato, griddled halloumi, home-made ketchup
Snacks: Packet of M&S lean roast chicken
Syns for day: 0

Feeling a bit better today - getting some positive news on the interviews, I cannot wait until that all gets sorted, I don't like feeling all up in the air about it. Didn't realise my emotions were so all over the place until I started this diary. Like I said, normally I shut them up with quick and easy food (entire bag of doritos with more or less a whole block of cheese melted on them dipped in full fat dips as a 'snack' anyone???). I *was* definitely an emotional eater but now I'm trying to actually deal with the things that are bothering me instead and staying on the straight and narrow with the eating. Not always easy.

Decided I needed the comfort food today so opted for green.

a Milk
a parmesan
b 70g salmon
b [fibre plus]
Breakfast: Potato rosti pancake thing with 2 quorn sausages and WW beans
Lunch: None as relatively late and HUGELY filling breakfast
Dinner: Asparagus, pea and salmon risotto. Yu-um

WI today and I got a STS. Slightly surprised, but not really when I think about it I suppose. Far too much booze consumed. So - line drawn under today and moving onwards and downwards with the weight this week! Red day today, but I think I'm going to try EE this week as I don't always eat both Hexs so I'll see how that works. I'm also going to give eating my syns a go rather than drinking them (and then some!) as I think that will have a knock on impact on my emotional rollercoaster.

a Milk
a [cheese]
b 2xbread
b [2xbread]
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on toast with 3 quorn sausages
Lunch: None as late and filling breakfast
Dinner: Stew out of my freezer from when I made it before
Snack: I have an urge to have cheese on toast to be 'naughty' later as I want that emotional food feeling. Staying in control though as I know I'm using my remaining Hexs for it.

Went out and bought celebrations and kit kats and a lindt lindor dark chocolate bar so I'll be partaking in some chocolate this week instead of the wine. Hopefully all goes well.

EDIT: Just had 3 celebrations for 6 syns. Exciting!! Not had chocolate in an age! Think I'm going to enjoy eating my syns very much :) My head is full of curry (AND rice) and cottage pie and pasta recipes for my EE days ahead too. Am looking forward to day 1 of the week tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ok so today is day one of the week and day one of my new EE eating plan. I think I understand the basics but I'm concerned that I won't lose weight so I'm trying to make sure I eat because otherwise I'd really cut back in an effort to lose weight and that's a) not the right way to do it at all b) not sustainable and c) probably detrimental to the weight loss. So I feel like I've been stuffing my face today!! I'd really like to see a loss this week. At least a pound. Ideally 2. But I won't think about that and stress myself out...I'll stay focused on my 8lb goal.

if anyone reading this is an EE master and has any thoughts or advice, please let me know.

a - 250ml ss milk (as ever)
b - [not had yet, but might have a fibre plus]
Breakfast: 2 quorn burgers, crosse & blackwell 4 kids wholewheat pasta shapes
Lunch: Some bolognese mince
Dinner: Bolognese pasta bake
Snacks: Apple, a LOT of grapes, potato wedges with dip (total 0%, spring onions chopped, garlic clove crushed, bit of sweetener, S&P)
Syns: Planning to have 3 celebrations for 6 syns
Syns for week: 6 (64 remaining)

Use of quorn burgers and mince was an effort to clear out some tupperware from my freezer. I want to make way for some lovely EE recipes!

Also - on the 1/3 rule, I have this to say (comments/ advice welcome!): Apple is 1/3 for breakfast; in the mince was passata, onion, 5 courgettes, green pepper and mushrooms, which are all listed as superfree so I figure that's my 1/3. Added the grapes for good measure.

Today I have discovered that Gala apples straight from the fridge are lovely! :)

Last edited:
ok I had my 3 celebrations and my fibre plus with a nice cup of tea and I am officially stuffed. Think I will lay off the pasta and potatoes tomorrow....I was thinking salmon fishcakes from the magazine with SW chips and salad for dinner tomorrow night but i might have to rethink that!!

Trying to think through a good well balanced menu for tomorrow. Potentially:
Breakfast - Beans on toast
Lunch - ??? Ham and courgette omelette?
Dinner - Salmon fishcakes, salad and SW chips
Snack - apple, fruit salad
Syns - either a packet of squares for 5.5 or a kit kat for same. Feel a bit sick with all this chocolate though, so I might start trying to use syns in my meals - gravy granules, cheese etc

Things that I want to make this week: cottage pie (carrot, celery and maybe leek in it and green beans on side), chicken curry & rice (maybe with steamed cauli for the 1/3 balance), home made sausage and mash (cabbage on the side)....and maybe a roast chicken with mash and veg. That sounds varied and healthy enough doesn't it??? Does it? I don't know why I'm panicking all of a sudden.

Bit confused as to how best use my Hexs on EE. I suppose either toast in the morning or Fibre Plus in the evening for the B will suit me....wonder if I can wean myself off using 250ml ss as my A.

I'm wittering on aren't I.....I'll shut up now.

Back