Extra Easy finally shedding the lbs!

myswjourney

I am keeping a food journal separately - this is for me to air any problems I am having and share my weight losses!
I have always been overweight and after 3 pregnancies I soared to 21 stone! when my third son was born I thought enough was enough - he was born in May 2015. I was losing weight slowly but needed something to help spur me on so I decided to join slimming world- I kept putting it off as I would be going alone and felt really nervous however I joined slimming world on the 23rd February 2016 with a weight of 17st13.5lb.

my losses have been as follows :
week 1- 3lb
week 2- 4.5lb (1/2 stone award and slimmer of the week)
week 3 - I was ill so I missed group
week 4-5lb

so I start this diary at a weight of 17st 1lb I'm well into week 5 now and weigh in on a Tuesday evening.
this week has been tough for me as it is the time of the month and I turn into a ravenous monster and nothing can stop me eating!!!

I will be taking measurements next week so I can track shape changes as well as lbs.

I will update this weekly after my weigh in- I do attended the group and the image therapy (mainly because it's time on my own without the kids I am unsure if it helps any yet!!)

week 5 of slimming world and a loss of 4lb taking me down to 16 stone 11lb. was so happy as I had eaten an Easter egg (or two!) over the weekend! I also won slimmer of the month, slimmer of the week and I got my stone award tonight aswell so 3 shiny stickers for my book and 3 certificates to put with the others!

I'm still quite self conscious at the group - I have always been shy and I do find it embarrassing talking about what I have eaten etc so I'm hoping this will bring me out of shell a bit too! I haven't taken any measurements yet but I will do that tommorrow!

Managed a loss this week of 1.5lb. I was very ill and didn't stick to plan very well - my food was mostly free but I hardly ate and it does impact on my weight loss when I don't eat properly! Here's to a better week!

week 7 for me this week and I lost 5lb!! couldn't quite believe it. I am so proud of myself it's unreal I have wanted to lose weight for so long and nothing has ever worked so well or have I ever been so motivated to carry on! i love going to group and knowing that once a week someone is 'checking' on me, which keeps me motivated to stay on plan in the week! I know this journey will be long (I have another 6 stone to lose) but knowing I can and will get there is a fabulous feeling!

Here to sub! Youre soing really great. Ive tried SW in the past but its not worked for me. Ive had some not very good consultants who arent approachable or helpful/suportive and im veggie so always get told to do green days but end up overeating pasta, rice and potatoes and put weight on :/

week 7 for me this week and I lost 5lb!! couldn't quite believe it. I am so proud of myself it's unreal I have wanted to lose weight for so long and nothing has ever worked so well or have I ever been so motivated to carry on! i love going to group and knowing that once a week someone is 'checking' on me, which keeps me motivated to stay on plan in the week! I know this journey will be long (I have another 6 stone to lose) but knowing I can and will get there is a fabulous feeling!

Good to see you have a diet that is working for you.

5lb on week 7 is amazing!

Well done:0clapper:

Here to sub! Youre soing really great. Ive tried SW in the past but its not worked for me. Ive had some not very good consultants who arent approachable or helpful/suportive and im veggie so always get told to do green days but end up overeating pasta, rice and potatoes and put weight on :/
I try not to have too much potato /pasta etc - I use the alternatives such as cauliflower rice, courgetti etc sometimes rather than having the potatoes x

Wow you are amazing and should be so pleased with yourself x 5lbs on Week 7 is great x

I didn't update last week- I lost 1.5lb last week, this week I have lost 3.5lb so I received my club 10 award and also my 2 stone award. I am so happy and although I presently feel no different in myself I'm sure I will soon. if I'm being honest I feel worse than I used to- I am so tired I think because I'm not snacking on bread etc when I'm getting tired that I'm not getting a pick me up and I'm just crashing! I hope I start to feel better soon xx

I didn't update last week- I lost 1.5lb last week, this week I have lost 3.5lb so I received my club 10 award and also my 2 stone award. I am so happy and although I presently feel no different in myself I'm sure I will soon. if I'm being honest I feel worse than I used to- I am so tired I think because I'm not snacking on bread etc when I'm getting tired that I'm not getting a pick me up and I'm just crashing! I hope I start to feel better soon xx
It could be that body is used to it so you may still need it just include it in your syns :D

not updated this in a couple of weeks! I have now been doing slimming world for 12 weeks and lost 2.5 stone it feels great and in starting to feel the difference in myself - this week I have been a bit bad so hoping to get back on track tommorrow- I have been picking at things and not eaten a meal all week ive been terrible!

not updated this for a while- well I did get a bit off track, I didn't put weight on though and my loss now stands at 3 stone 3lb! I'm hoping I can get back to being super motivated! I've bee doing slimming world now for 19 weeks and can honestly say I love it! xx

I've lost 12.5lbs up to now, might have put a bit back on this week though - went for a meal last night and was on track til I got handed a dessert menu, oops! X

wow 12.5lb in 3 weeks is amazing! I don't think having a dessert will make much difference. I have been having odd 'treats' here and there because I want this to be a lifestyle change and I won't continue if I just deny myself all the time, I think it's a good attitude to have and for the time being it's working!

Oh definitely! I don't want to be super strict with myself, I'm learning to have an healthy relationship with food and part of that is being able to have a piece of cake or go for a Chinese as long as it's now and again and not all the time. If I deny myself a treat occasionally I think I'd end up binging after a few weeks and giving up x

I didn't weigh in this week as it was my birthday although I used the scales in boots which showed a loss of 1lb! i hope I manage a bit more than that this week although my resolve has been low- I didn't have any birthday cake though so that was a good thing!

many people are starting to notice/comment on my weight loss and I went and bought some new clothes the other day and was shocked to fit into a pair of size 14 joggers!! I have never been that size! most of the tops I bought were a 16 too- I used to be anything up to a 24 on trousers and 22 on top - I felt pretty amazing! I am not going to try on jeans or anything yet though haha xx

Back