Finally took it....

Janey82

My first xenical tablet, i've had them for 2 months and just did not have the courage to take them. But after coming on here and reading all your posts for ages i've done it. I'm really worried though that i've eaten all the wrong things already lol.

Breakfast:
2 weetabix, semi skimmed milk, banana and apple.

Look forward to getting to know you all:)

Hi Jayney!
Welcome to the gang! :)

I was also really worried about starting to take Xenical but I'm so glad I did as it's given me the incentive to make the right food choices.

Try not to stress too much because if you stay under 5% fat you shouldn't have any problems. I haven't had any of the side effects but I know that's only because I have not gone over that 5%.

Everyone is really friendly and very supportive so make sure you post often as it really will help you and other users if we share or experiences :)

Good luck!

hi janey, im new too and im finding this forum is great for finding out about allsorts of diet tips, the people are so encouraging too
hope all goes well
sharon x

HI Janey and welcome :) So far what you've eaten is fine :)
A good rule to follow ( and Xenical recommend this) is to stick to a diet that is 5% fat. That is when you are reading the label, you are looking at total fat content, and you want it to be no higher than 5g fat per 100g food. You want no more than 15g of fat at meal times. Lots of label reading and I know it all seems over whelming, but once you settle down into a routine you'll be fine.
I'd really recommend keeping a food diary. Some people keep theirs on line, some have a wee notebook in the kitchen. I keep mine in the kitchen, then I have no excuse not to fill it in lol
Good luck on your weight loss journey
xx

Hi Janey!
I'm on my 3rd day and am still really nervous, no, terrified that something will go wrong and I'll have some side effects (which should't happen as I've been watching my food)
Infact I'm paying more attention to what I eat than I ever have done to make sure I don't suffer - which is the reason I decided to take the tablets.
Good luck on your xenical journey

Kate x x

Hi Janey, good to meet you.
Now I want Weetabix and banana! I'm gonna have it too...this very second, and since its allowed, I'm polishing my halo as I'm off to the kitchen.
Well done on taking the plunge

Welcome Janey & Good Luck x

Back