Attack Finding this really hard

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi all!
I started Durkan on Tuesday officially, myself and a few girls at work made the decision last week - researched, read the book, stocked up and began!

Day 1 and 2 passed okay and, with the oat bran and plenty of sliced ham I thought I was doing so well.

But today I am SO hungry! Drank the recommended water intake, 4 cups of tea and half a bottle of pepsi max already - 'so its not that!

This is what I have had today:

Breakfast: 1.5 tbls of oatbran with some low fat natural yogurt

Lunch: boiled egg, salmon, prawns and 2 spoons of cottage cheese

Dinner: chicken breast, 3 slices of ham, 1 slice of chicken breast, natural yog and 1 scrambled egg.

I am SO hungry! All I can think about is malteasers!! Is this normal? Does it pass? Have I eaten too much today? I feel like perhaps I have... Trying not to calorie count but do feel like a pig today!

Is 'protein' unlimited in attack phase? I know it says so but still guess there must be a limit?

Also - when it comes to weighing, although it said I was 3lb down this morning (from Tuesday) if I weigh myself after work I am looking at being up to 5lb UP! Every day!

Gah!

Hi yes it WILL pass, it's just your body screaming out for the sugars and carbs it normally has! stick with it! Try not to weigh yourself too often, maybe every morning while on attack, a lot of water weight is lost during attack and weight will fluctuate alot during the day.

Just one note.. you said Breakfast: 1.5 tbls of oatbran with some low fat natural yogurt.. it should be fat free yoghurt, tesco and asda both sell natural fat free yoghurt

Is your cottage cheese fat free or virtually fat free?

Protein is unlimited, if you are still hungry eat more!! lol

Definitely eat more if you are hungry! Lean protein is unlimited and you should eat it until you are truly satisfied. We shouldn't be eating it until we think we'll pop, but if you are hungry, you need to eat more :)

Do you have things you can eat at the mo?

Ignore the pesky malteser monster, you'll be so annoyed with yourself if you listen to it! ;)

Agree with comments and def want to reiterate not weigh morn and eve, weight will fluctuate greatly. How disheartening must that be and not an accurate measure of your success xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jezzebell said:
Hi yes it WILL pass, it's just your body screaming out for the sugars and carbs it normally has! stick with it! Try not to weigh yourself too often, maybe every morning while on attack, a lot of water weight is lost during attack and weight will fluctuate alot during the day.

Just one note.. you said Breakfast: 1.5 tbls of oatbran with some low fat natural yogurt.. it should be fat free yoghurt, tesco and asda both sell natural fat free yoghurt

Is your cottage cheese fat free or virtually fat free?

Protein is unlimited, if you are still hungry eat more!! lol

Thanks hun :)

Yes the yogurt is far free natural onken yogurt (I hope this is free?) and far free cottage cheese.
Is there a limit on dairy, too?

I am going to prepare more and have crab sticks et al ready to snack!!

Is Dukan more about putting your body into ketosis? I are two pieces of chicken when I got home and am now feeling very heavy!!!

Anoter question - is cottage cheese unlimited like egg whites?

Ty!! x

couteaux said:
Definitely eat more if you are hungry! Lean protein is unlimited and you should eat it until you are truly satisfied. We shouldn't be eating it until we think we'll pop, but if you are hungry, you need to eat more :)

Do you have things you can eat at the mo?

Ignore the pesky malteser monster, you'll be so annoyed with yourself if you listen to it! ;)

Ah thanks hun! Just wasn't sure as I always eat a lot anyway, I never know what is a 'lot' or 'enough'' according to one diet!

Then I had a nosy at some of the diaries on here and seems some people eat way less than me!

Anyway, shall go onwards with attack until I stop losing - or 7 days, whichever comes first :) xx

DiamondX said:
Agree with comments and def want to reiterate not weigh morn and eve, weight will fluctuate greatly. How disheartening must that be and not an accurate measure of your success xx

Thank you lovely! I know - it is! As one of my friends is doing it with me she keeps texting with her 'loss'' so I got on (this eve) to see a 6lb gain it's very disheartening! And feel weight fluctuates way more than with other diets - probably due to all the 'protein!

Thanks for the advice :) x

Dairy is limited to 1kg per day, ff cottage cheese as well as your ff yogurt is fine.
I do tend to limit my dairy to 500g ish as had a tendency to stall my losses.

Must admit never weighed twice a day since starting Dukan so not sure what my diff would be, don't think I'd want to know either. I drink prob 2l water, all that protein, 1 Pepsi max, coffee and tea ..... Give the body chance to process and burn it then it will reward you with your losses xxx

Ela ine said:
Thank you lovely! I know - it is! As one of my friends is doing it with me she keeps texting with her 'loss'' so I got on (this eve) to see a 6lb gain it's very disheartening! And feel weight fluctuates way more than with other diets - probably due to all the 'protein!

Thanks for the advice :) x

Never ever weigh again at night. How does it make sense when you've been feeding your body all day with food and liquid?!!! Of course your gonna weigh more at the end of the day. Always weigh in same time each day, morning being best.
Eat more snacks. To me it looks like your menu is only breakfast, lunch & dinner. Eat small snacks of protein in between. I even sit at night and eat ham or chicken and I've recorded a weight loss everyday. I'm on my 12th day of Dukan. Stick with it. It's the best diet ever!! I love it.

elaine - I agree with (most of) above - dairy isn't limited in attack phase. I encourage you to eat more definitely. At your current weight you could (should) be eating far more protein, and hunger isn't something which should happen on this diet.

Try baking with your oatbran. Galette/muffins/Dukan bread etc are far more filling than the lazy mixed with yoghurt way. Try out some of our recipes, rather than relying on sliced ham and chicken - you'll find a home baked chicken far more tasty and some posters eat a whole one during the course of the day and lose weight!

EAT... don't be hungry!

Once you move into Cruise, dairy is limited to 1K.

Cottage cheese isn't fat free so don't eat a tonne in any given day (but it's fine in reasonable quantity)!

Hi again guys.
Soo.. I ended up caving last night and having a kit kat :( .. can't believe it.. and I felt *soooo* guilty afterwards! :break_diet:
That being said, I've got up this morning (another 1lb lighter but probably knocked out of ketosis :cry:) with a vengance!
I'm determined to give this a go!

I've also started a Dukan diary on here, which I hope will help keep me motivated, and of course will be logging my food for tips, advice and inspiration :)
Thanks again for all your comments - I love the support on here!!! :bliss:

Dairy is limited to 1kg per day, ff cottage cheese as well as your ff yogurt is fine.
I do tend to limit my dairy to 500g ish as had a tendency to stall my losses.

Must admit never weighed twice a day since starting Dukan so not sure what my diff would be, don't think I'd want to know either. I drink prob 2l water, all that protein, 1 Pepsi max, coffee and tea ..... Give the body chance to process and burn it then it will reward you with your losses xxx

Thanks hun! Wow... 500g? Seems low (maybe because I eat a lot, and am going through 1 pot of cottage cheese per day! Will have to kirb it :eek:)
Thanks for the comments! And no, I won't be weighing :p xx

Never ever weigh again at night. How does it make sense when you've been feeding your body all day with food and liquid?!!! Of course your gonna weigh more at the end of the day. Always weigh in same time each day, morning being best.
Eat more snacks. To me it looks like your menu is only breakfast, lunch & dinner. Eat small snacks of protein in between. I even sit at night and eat ham or chicken and I've recorded a weight loss everyday. I'm on my 12th day of Dukan. Stick with it. It's the best diet ever!! I love it.

:bliss: thanks hun :thank you: You have no idea how nice it is to hear 'eat more' LOL! I have been sooo hungry, but perhaps it's just because my collegues (who are doing it with me) eating considerably less than me, but looking at it, one of them only wants to lose a stone!

Thanks so much for the advice, I shall be picking at a chicken! whoohoo! :D xx

elaine - I agree with (most of) above - dairy isn't limited in attack phase. I encourage you to eat more definitely. At your current weight you could (should) be eating far more protein, and hunger isn't something which should happen on this diet.

V. glad diary is not limited, but will kirb the cottage cheese :eek: and maybe eat some more... egg whites/ff natural yog?

I checked all my yog and double checked, (thanks slimming world :p) I only have ff yogs!

Atm:

Onken - ff natural, mango and apple (yum!) strawberry and vanilla.
Although haven't eaten any of the fruit varieties, wanted to check first :D

As for quark, yergh! This is another gem I discovered while on sw.. but how to make this tasty and, dare I say it, edible :eek:.. I will experiment though! So thank you :) x

Try baking with your oatbran. Galette/muffins/Dukan bread etc are far more filling than the lazy mixed with yoghurt way. Try out some of our recipes, rather than relying on sliced ham and chicken - you'll find a home baked chicken far more tasty and some posters eat a whole one during the course of the day and lose weight!

EAT... don't be hungry!

Once you move into Cruise, dairy is limited to 1K.

Cottage cheese isn't fat free so don't eat a tonne in any given day (but it's fine in reasonable quantity)!

I'm going to bake - tomorrow! Have made the oatbran in to porridge this morning, mixed with splenda and ff natural yog I actually really like it, and prefer it to my usual porridge :confused:
I'll definitely be looking into attack recipies, so thank you for that :thank you:

xx

Although haven't eaten any of the fruit varieties, wanted to check first

these arent allowed sorry! the onken yoghurts have a lot of sugars in them anyway, and it is better if you avoid fruit yoghurts. Stick to mullerlight vanilla or toffee or weight watchers vanilla and toffee

Although haven't eaten any of the fruit varieties, wanted to check first

these arent allowed sorry! the onken yoghurts have a lot of sugars in them anyway, and it is better if you avoid fruit yoghurts. Stick to mullerlight vanilla or toffee or weight watchers vanilla and toffee

thanks hun!
Is this a no no for ALL of the onken yogs? Is the ff natural/ff vanilla okay?

Glad I've stucked to natural.. but gutted if this is not allowed!!! x

the natural one is fine it's just the flavoured ones that arent

Thanks for this hun :)

Have to get my hands on those ww toffee and vanilla tonight! x

Back