Finding time to exercise

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by alicia912, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. alicia912

alicia912 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(18.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only need to lose just over half a stone but its not going to shift if I don't up my exercise but with a little one I'm finding it hard to fit in the gym and even finding the motivation as in my spare time I either feel to tired or I'm busy doing something else! Can anyone give me any tips on what to do please...x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HungryHealthyHappy

HungryHealthyHappy Banned

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(38.56%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    The only way is going to be to find the time. You say you feel too tired to fit in a workout, but it will give you more energy in the long run. Try doing exercises at home, and fit them in as and what you can :)

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    what time does you r little one get up at? early morning workouts are great if your short of time. everyone can do an early morning workout, its just whether your willing to make the effort to do it

5. Emma07825

Emma07825 Full Member

Try to fit it into your daily life by walking more with the pushchair, vigorously cleaning etc. Only half a stone, you can do it! Good luck! :eek:)

6. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    Definitely walk with the stroller, most little ones I know LOVE walks. Is there a mall of some sort nearby for bad weather?

7. Rhibennett

Rhibennett Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Have you got a Wii or Xbox? The zumba fitness game on there is fantastic exercise and a lot of fun. There's classes on the game that only take 30 minutes so you could try and squeeze that in when LO is sleeping. Good Luck xx

8. StoppingItInItsTracks

StoppingItInItsTracks Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think first of all it might be a good idea to change the way you are thinking about it - instead of 'I don't have time', maybe it's a matter of 'I am not prioritising exercise at the moment' - I know it sounds a bit naff, but really we all have the same amount of hours in the day, and there will be people here with little ones, or full time jobs, or both, who find time.

First thing in the morning is my favourite time to work out, but when my boys were small, I would do it when they were sleeping during the day. And I walked everywhere, with a double buggy (it's just over a mile into the nearest town).

I do pretty much all my exercise at home - I have dumb bells, and lots of DVDs.

Start by fitting in one session a week, and work up to more.

9. Mod

Mod Member

Buy a kettlebell. It is working wonders for me. Don't have time to go to a
    Gym but can fit in ten min session of swings every second day. Make sure you get one that is not too light. Good luck.

10. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    how old is your little one? when my little girl was small i use to exercise when she was napping, these days i do it at my moms on her wii fit so my mom is watching my little girl while i am doing the exercise, but if i had a wii fit i would do it when my little girl goes to bed. I am tired when she goes to bed but at the end of the day you just got to get on with it and the energy it will give you will make you feel less tired in the long run.
    good luck xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.