Fiona's Atkins-ing!

Fionut

slowly shrinking
Thought I'd start a diary here, not gonna stop the slimpod one, but this will be more related to my low carb Atkins diet part of life.

continuing on from my slimpod diary entry this afternoon...

I went to the GP and heard about my cholesterol. It's on the high side of normal, as I diabetic, they want it on the low side of normal. Now, I know and read that Atkins is good for lowering cholesterol - but still it feel counter intuitive to eat butter, cream, chicken skin.....

Anyone got a good cholesterol lowering story to tell?

Good low carb day today.
B sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs.
L- chicken breast in a cream and herb dressing
D- omlette with onion, half a red pepper, salami and parmesan. With large green salad.

Feeling full. Though I Am suffering from high carb binge on Thursday and I'm out of ketosis. But should be back there soon. Diabetic clinic this Friday, so wanna loose a couple more lbs before then.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Morning Fionut and welcome

Your menu sounds good! Can't tell you about cholesterol personally but I'm sure others here will have positive things to say. All the best for the clinic.

I'm back in ketosis! :)
B - chocolate mim and double cream - my Sunday treat.
L- 2 egg omlette with smoked cheddar, cold ham, lettuce and a blob of sour cream and chives dip.
D- will be roast chicken cooked with corriander chilli butter under the skin, Cauliflower mash and courgettes

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Yum to coriander chilli butter! Sounds amazing! And well done for getting back into ketosis! X

Hi fionut - just found your diary. Welcome:)

Thanks katie :)

Yesterdays menu
B- omlette with crumbled sausage and peppers.
L- char grilled chicken breast, few olives, feta cheese, a stuffed mini pepper thing with cream cheese and a large handful of lettuce.
D- chicken meatballs in tomato pasta sauce served on cabbage instead of pasta.

Feeling very bloated these last few days and look larger. :(

Morning fionut:). Food sounds good!

Morning all. Cabbage and meatballs was interesting lady felsham. Lol. No where near spaghetti!

Been eating well last few days, yesterday was
B yellow pepper and onion omlette
L salad leaves, salami, feta and olives. Little bit of home made caeser salad dressing.
D fried basa fillets with sauteed mushrooms, steamed green beans and a dill butter sauce.

Waiting for annual diabetic check up now, fingers crossed it will all go well.

ladyfelsham said:
Cross fingers on the check up - menus are sounding great though :)

Thanks. Yes, all was well, blood sugar fine, blood pressure fine and he was pleased with my weight loss. He's set me the goal of being under 100kg by the next appt in July. Very doable if my body cooperates.

Fantastic thing about ketosis is I'm not hungry! I tried an avocado for breakfast and hates it!
Lunch was an omelette with onion, mushrooms, cold roast gammon and cheese. Sooo yummy.
Skipped dinner as I wasn't hungry before I went out to the youth club where I work on a Friday and by the time I was back wasn't hungry enough to bother!

Had a 'half' English for brekkie today- like a full English without all the carby things!

Nice relaxing day today, well apart from all the housework!
Stayed in my pjs till 3 then went out fot coffee with a friend.

Ate well too.

L chicken and mayo salad
D Hubby made some baked sea bass with chorizo served with baked tomatoes with garlic. Think he got the idea off of Saturday kitchen. It was really delish

Evening all!
Busy day today, church in the morning followed by a christening where they served cake and cheesy nibbly thing. Stuck to just a cup of coffee. :D

Just finished dinner and feeling good.

B- my Sunday treat of chocolate mim and cream (on a side note, found it far too sweet and know I followed my recipe)
L Aldi's German sausages and salad
D pork loin marinated in onion and garlic powder and a little dried corriander served with a mustard cream sauce, wilted spinach and 'shrooms.

Lots and lots of water and my weekly cup of fresh coffee with caffeine.

Oooh I love German sausage, wish there was an Aldi close to me!

Good sign about the Mim too, means your sweet cravings are reducing :)

ladyfelsham said:
Oooh I love German sausage, wish there was an Aldi close to me!

Ours is in the next town but the savings make it worth it!

Hi Fi - sounds like you are really focused - well done:)

Evening Fi... Hope you've had a nice chilled day... The sea bass sounds amazing xx

Back