Fiona's Atkins-ing!

Hi ladies! Good day today, walk in the countryside, good food.

I rediscovered an old favourite today, salami crisps. Not sure if its on the recipe thread, but crispy and almost like frazzles.

Made cauliflower fried rice for dinner and there's enough for s couple of lunches as well.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Yes, salami crisps are yum. You can dot a little cheese on near the end and have salami and cheese ones too - I keep meaning to do this.

How do you do your cauli rice btw? And do you refry or microwave it when you have it later? It just keeps in the fridge?

Oh yes I sometimes put a sprinkling of parmesan, cheddar makes them slightly soggy.

I was thinking of reheating the cauli in the microwave at work, no idea what will happen, this is the first time I've made it.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Well I've been concentrating on my slimpod diary, but really need to post today.

I purposely ate lots of wrong things today. Not because I couldn't help myself, but because I wanted to. Yeah, not a good reason, but I did.

Went out with a colleague to Morrisons cafe for lunch and had s toasted cheese sandwich and chips. Started to feel full half way through but ploughed on regardless.

Then came home and had 3 profitaroles and a rocky bar. I now have a headache, feel sick, and have b*ggered up this weeks weight loss.

:( I know I shouldn't have and know why I did. Well, if 'I just felt like a treat' is a reason. So gonna put this behind me and be good from now on.

Yes... Draw a line and move on... It'll soon sort itself out xxx

Fiona you are in the right place to share the "it's there, going to eat it no matter what" moments. We've all been there love, the key is to recognise what sets you off and try and find acceptable alternatives.

I know it might not seem very helpful when we offer advice when your brain is set on a course - but everyone here has had issues with food, drink, handling stress and family things - so just try to focus back on you, because you are the only one who can make it happen for you (with our help, support and love) xxx

Thanks guys. Had my day of rebellion and back on the straight and narrow. Blaming it on hormones and moving on.
Been a good girl today

B baked egg muffin thing with bacon and cheese.
L tuna mayo with cucumber, lettuce, peppers and a few green beans.
D grilled chicken breast sauteed mushrooms and broccoli.

Well done Fiona, I too find it hard to resist those moments when you just want to scoff all the wrong food but we need to stay strong.
Your menus sound yummy, I will be checking in for some ideas. x

Finally bought the diet trap yesterday, though didn't have much time to read it as so busy.

Had the family round so was busy cleaning and cooking.

Things I made but didn't eat yesterday-
Warm chocolate fudge cake
Cheese straws
Bowls of toffee popcorn
Crisps
And more

Things I did eat.
B mushrooms and scrambled eggs
L almost forgot to eat any! But a tuna tomato and spring onion salad with mayo
D sausages but no veg.

Also snacked on a handful of peanuts the one thing I allowed myself from the big tea today.

Wow! Your willpower must be amazing... I wouldn't have been able to help myself, would've had to taste something :eek:

Well done :)

Taste it? I'd probably have eaten the lot! Well done you for avoiding the carb pit!

So impressed Fi... I'd have found it so hard to do all that wonderful baking and not scoff the lot! Well done! Xxx

Hi Fiona, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm back on Atkins from today. I find breakfast the hardest as I love cereal and find it really hard to stomach eggs or anything savoury in the morning. Any pointers as I see you've been pretty keen on the eggy brekkies! :D

Ayesha

Morning ayesha, I've been cooking egg muffin things on a Sunday and heating then in the microwave for breakfast. Not helpful if you don't fancy egg though. Somewhere on the recipe thread I'm sure there's one for flax porridge. Have a look

Thanks Sandra, you too.

Back