First attempt at Day 1-4 Refeed 8/8/09

Sorry to be a let down girls but am off to a touristy place in 3weeks 5 days .... lara beach! :giggle:

shame on you!!!! haha...We are going to Kusadasi and Bodrum as well this year..so we are going to be tourists too
:) :)

Yaramaz....new word for you Tanya :)

Mary, this is probably a stupid question but is Turkey actually in the EU???

Got people telling me it is, and then others saying no it aint?!!

No, Turkey not in EU.....you will need Turkish Lira, but whatever you do, dont get them over here...you get a much better rate when in Turkey.

Thanks for that, I will have a look at that site.

Konya is the birthplace of Mevlana and his Mausoleum is there, its a well known tourist spot too.

I'll ask my hubby tonight! I had never thought of Turkey for a holiday until I met my hubby ;-)

lol scots dont worry, so got to be careful about bringing back duty free then?

Im a bit wary about getting my lira over there - iv always got money changed up here and because we are a little out from the town im not sure how or when we'd manage to get to somewhere to do it .... why is it better rates there? x

Definitely better rate over there Tanya, you will get much more. I only take a few lira from here for the first day or so, but because I go twice a year now I usually have enough left for a day or so. I use my Nationwide flexi account and there are no charges for withdrawal in Turkey and its always a better rate even than in resort.

hmmmm i will speak to my friend about this i reckon.

Are things expensive over there?
I have £150 to change up - we are all inc so food and drinks wont need to be brought so just souviners, day trips etc ... is this guna cost alot? so how many liras is it to the £? x

At the moment its about 2.40 lira to the £ but thats in Turkey, over here probably about 2.30 to the £.

Souveniers are cheap enough, but dont forget to haggle, never pay the asking price, always go half way then expect to up it a little, they expect this and you can have some real good laughs while haggling.

Day trips on boats, jeep safari's etc are approximately £10 in Icmeler, so I would expect them about the same where you are going, but not too sure chick.

I'm guessing prices will be available in our hotel for day trips and stuff.

I'm too scared to haggle :S ..... wana give me some pointers? lol
Apparantly it's good for fake stuff over there at cheap prices :)

Dont buy your trips off the reps, if its anything like Icmeler, buy your trips on the streets, its the same trips.

Best forum to go on for holiday advice is www.holidaytruths.co.uk and go to discussion forums, then scroll down to Turkey. Its a good site too.

As far as haggling, I doubt you can haggle for your trips, but deffo haggle for your souveniers. If they ask for 20 lira, offer them 10 lira, they do expect this, but expect to get it for around 13 lira. If they are sticking to a price too high for you, just say thank you and walk away. If they are prepared to let it go for less, they will call you back.

You can get some good fakes and some crap fakes. I am going to buy some G Star jeans this time when I go.

Am guna be on the prowl for a Louis Vuitton bag ... ever seen them there mary?

So always go about half of their asking price but then expect to pay a little more?

Yes you are right on the haggling, nothing set in stone, just go for it kiddo.

I cant recall seeing those bags, but then again, I haven't really looked for a Louis Vutton bag, I am sure you will find something you like.

A hope so! :)

Back