First day and lumpy problems....

Hi,

Its my first day on this diet and cant wait to get to the first weight day, and then finally to my goal size! (want to be size 12/14 really :))

Wanted to ask if anyone had a good way to mix the shakes without using a hand blender, as Im not allowed to bring electrical equipment into work due to health and safety (Is a science lab, but still :mad:)

Today I put the water and the powder into an empty coke bottle and shook it, but just couldnt get the lumps out of it at all, no matter how long or hard i tried, and lumpy shakes make me gag, lol.

Get yourself a shaker from the chemist or health food shop. It has a little grill in the top of it which gets rid of all the lumps. They don't cost much, about £5 but are a real lifesaver. I use mine at work and my electric hand whisk at home. Good luck for your first week, stay strong and you will be fine!

I got a shaker from my pharmacist - it's an ace bottle thingy with measurements up the side, a sieve and a pouring spout - give it a good shake and all the lumps are gone. See if your pharmacist does it too. Alternatively use a hand whisk? x

Thanks for you ideas, will def nip to the pharmacist for one of those shakers! Sounds just what I need :)

i always use my shaker now..... used to use a hand blender, but dont anymore. also..... does anyone seem to find that the shakes taste different when in the shaker? i think they taste alot nicer then when there made with the hand blender lol x

Best value in shakers is in boots. They are doing a Tony Fergussion diet and have shakers for it. You can get it for £2.49 or €3.39. My chemist wanted €14 :eek: for a shaker. Told her I'd rather drink lumps than pay that!!!! :D

The shakers are amazing, they do make the shakes so much better. I actually enjoy mine now.

I tried without the shaker and was not very successful, it seemed harder to drink it. With the shaker, not a problem. So make it as easy for yourself to stick with this diet, get a shaker :) xxx

dont mix the soup in the shaker tho, i just mix with the little stirring stick thingies for tea in two little paper cups, and it turns out so nice.. nicer than if i blend at home.. but not everyone likes the soup...

i need a new shaker myself, must try boots or tesco cause i already bought to from chemist at 14 euro a go... dont know why i didnt go to tesco in first place lol

I once used a hand held wisk (not the electric type) when i was at a freinds house and it turned out pretty good!! :O)

Thanks guys, I brought one of the shakers and they are easier to drink now :)
Tho I really dont like the taste of any off the shakes, especially the strawberry, I find that foul! Am shoving them down my neck still though, cos Ill be able to eat nice stuff when Im thin :)
Made the soup with a normal hand whisk as the shaker said not to use it for boiling things, the soup was ok really

It also helps to put the water in first and then the powder and then shake/blend, sometimes the powder stays stuck around the rims. I like lumpy custard but NOT LUMPY LT shakes - ICK!!!! Best of luck dear

I went away the other weekend and forgot my shaker! Ever tried mixing a shake in a mug of water? It was the most disgusting lumpy mess ever! Won't make that mistake again. Try adding a spoonful of coffee to the vanilla and having it hot, like a mocha, delicious!

Nic, you must drink your shakes within 15 minutes of making them else they lose the nutrients and things that our bodies need. If only we could make them up in advance it would be great.

Back