First day on CD

Well I just had my first ever CD shake...Vanilla and it was soooo grose. I still don't know how I didn't throw up!
Well it all seemed easy in theory but if the rest of the packs tastes anything like that then i'm really going to struggle...eeek.
feeling a bit down about it now :(

Hi and welcome to minis, some of the foavours r really nice, i'ts trial and error finding the ones u like.I love the choc mint and the porridge. Hope u find some u like, good luck.

Well done for starting, as said it's a trial and error thing. :) I love the fruit of the forest, choc mint (hot), porridge (apple and cinnamon) and the spicy tomato soup :) But there are quite a few I like so I'm ok. I must admit though my hubby was grossed out tasting one last time I was on CD so it makes me wonder if you get used to them! lol

Keep going and hopefully the results will influence your brains reaction! ;)

Hi sorry to hear you are having trouble with the shakes. I felt like that when i first had one, are you making them in a blender? Try adding a sweetner or cinnamon to it. Tastes ok like that. I am sure you will find flavours that you are happy with so dont give up whatever you do. Goodluck :D:D

oh :( I didn;t like any other than the soups or chocolate flavour shakes:p I did buy extras to allow for ones I didn't like then swapped them the next time I saw my cdc

keep it going

Hi,

I wasn't over keen on the vanilla, but a friend suggested I mix it with hot water, stir in a spoonful of coffee and have a "latte" - worth a try

xx

Also try ice-cubes in cold ones.. more like a certain form of shakes I won't say the name off on here! ;)

I can recommend the 'latte' too, makes the vanilla taste better and last longer! If you haven't already tried a blender, would recommend one, stirred shakes aren't the best!!

I have trouble with the shakes as well...they really put me off...currently I'm mainly living on chicken and mushroom soups and chocolate tetras......I split the choc tetra between a few cups of black coffee to make a mocha.

Good luck :) The first few days are the worst....in my limited experience, I'm only on day 6.......it does get better honest!!! Keep drinking the water though

Hi ladies, thanks sooo much for your replies they really helped, I didn't post again yesterday because I was feeling so low about it but today I feel much better, I think just getting through the first day was such a huge boost that now I feel confident again about the diet, I had a great day today getting my hair done and having a giggle with my friend and it's almost day 2 done and i've not really thought about CD just got on with it and made it a part of my day....yippee!

Hi ladies, thanks sooo much for your replies they really helped, I didn't post again yesterday because I was feeling so low about it but today I feel much better, I think just getting through the first day was such a huge boost that now I feel confident again about the diet, I had a great day today getting my hair done and having a giggle with my friend and it's almost day 2 done and i've not really thought about CD just got on with it and made it a part of my day....yippee!

hey - glad you're feeling better....:) I texted you yesterday but then realised you probably didn;t get it cos of no reception.....

anyhow - glad you're feeling more positive - stick with it - IT WORKS !!!

and shout if you need me.....

Debz xxx

Hi ellanvannin

Just like you, there are some shakes I really can't stand :( but I found the ones I really love: the chocolate ones :D I have them hot or with ice or just normal and it is delicious :D

I haven't tried the porridge yet, but will soon. Apparently, they are delicious. Tetras are great too :) (cos you don't have to prepare anything :eek:)

I am sure you'll find something you really love! :D

Fantastic....I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Back